Teacher Dress Codes

Clyde

Are there written rules as to how teachers dress? How casual can they go on standard/non-event days?

Can teachers wear jeans?

Tennis shoes?

When I taught at GRC (retired for 5 years) We only wore jeans on Friday's. Now with new adm., jeans can be worn anytime they want. On the tennis shoes, no policy to my knowledge, some wore them everyday. And yes, teachers had a dress code when I taught.

My freshman year of high of high school our football coach, who was also the pe and weightlifting teacher, would wear football shorts with a t shirt tucked in and gym shoes. During the winter, the gym shoes were replaced with the old tan work boots and t shirt was replaced with some sort of turtle neck or long sleeve t.

Needless to say, coach wasn't trying to make any fashion statements.:lol:

I'm pretty sure at Cov Cath on Fridays the teachers could wear jeans. Every other day was dress shirt and tie and nice slacks.

I was down there recently and I didn't see every male teacher wearing a tie.

My dad usually wears khaki's with a dress shirt every day, on some Friday he will wear blue jeans and tennis shows with a polo shirt. I think that is the general code of all the teachers at his high school.

I don't teach, but I believe male teachers should ties almosy every day. No way should T-shirts, jeans and gym shoes be allowed every day.

Our teachers can now wear jeans, the men.....most if not all don't wear T-shirts with them. They wear button-down-collar shirts or golf shirts.