Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chris Carpenter's Son Ever Recover?

Featured Replies

Baker didn't cry at all. He was asked about filing a complaint with the MLB office and his reply was Why? What good would that do? Are they going to cancel the game or replay the game?

 

I think you're fighting a losing battle here LRCW. If Cap41 says he was crying, he was probably crying. Cards fans are experts on the subject after all.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, Phillips has dropped it... I'm sure Carp didn't go to Ken and tell him about it anyway.

 

No doubt. He was obviously asked about it and he gave an answer. You guys are really reaching on this one. It's funny that the Cards and their fans are being accused of being cry babies but which fan base is starting the threads? I guess the Card fans might feel the same way towards the Reds if the Reds were relavent more than once every 15 years.

No doubt. He was obviously asked about it and he gave an answer. You guys are really reaching on this one. It's funny that the Cards and their fans are being accused of being cry babies but which fan base is starting the threads? I guess the Card fans might feel the same way towards the Reds if the Reds were relavent more than once every 15 years.
No kidding ...
No doubt. He was obviously asked about it and he gave an answer. You guys are really reaching on this one. It's funny that the Cards and their fans are being accused of being cry babies but which fan base is starting the threads? I guess the Card fans might feel the same way towards the Reds if the Reds were relavent more than once every 15 years.

I dislike both teams, but this is not as reciprocated level of disdain as the Reds seem to have with St. Louis.

I dislike both teams, but this is not as reciprocated level of disdain as the Reds seem to have with St. Louis.

 

Sure seems like Cards fans have a big level of disdain when they still talk about wanting to "Get a piece of Cueto" (no articles or anything, just buddies of mine who are Cards fans that live in St. Louis), or when they make t-shirts about Mike Leake. Or how they boo Brandon Phillips with every at-bat. I think the Cards fans have just as much dislike...if not more.

No doubt. He was obviously asked about it and he gave an answer. You guys are really reaching on this one. It's funny that the Cards and their fans are being accused of being cry babies but which fan base is starting the threads? I guess the Card fans might feel the same way towards the Reds if the Reds were relavent more than once every 15 years.

 

You're kidding yourrself if you think Cardinals fans don't have a lot of dislike towards the Reds after what happened last year. Heck they were even booing Joey Voto last series.

Baker didn't cry at all. He was asked about filing a complaint with the MLB office and his reply was Why? What good would that do? Are they going to cancel the game or replay the game?

 

"It's really a tough start," Baker said. "The information that we received was probably not the same information they received, or else we wouldn't have started [Volquez] in the first place. We were told there was going to be a window of opportunity there. That window lasted about three minutes.

 

"Our understanding -- we were going to have -- sometimes the weather man is wrong -- we were going to have 45 minutes to an hour before the rains came. The umpire said 'Dusty the rain is going to come eventually,' which we all knew. He said we would play through it the best we can. It just didn't last too long. If the umpires knew it was going to rain like that ... they wouldn't have started the game either. What information did they get?"

 

Correct me if I'm wrong but is he not insinuating that the Cardinals withheld information them? I mean not only is it as easy as getting on your iPhone and pulling up the weather channel or turning on the TV, but just look out in the outfield and see Batista warming up. I mean I live 6 hours away and I knew the storm was moving quickly.

 

Like I said in the other thread, if this were LaRussa you guys would of blown it out of proportion just like you do with everything else Cardinal related.

"It's really a tough start," Baker said. "The information that we received was probably not the same information they received, or else we wouldn't have started [Volquez] in the first place. We were told there was going to be a window of opportunity there. That window lasted about three minutes.

 

"Our understanding -- we were going to have -- sometimes the weather man is wrong -- we were going to have 45 minutes to an hour before the rains came. The umpire said 'Dusty the rain is going to come eventually,' which we all knew. He said we would play through it the best we can. It just didn't last too long. If the umpires knew it was going to rain like that ... they wouldn't have started the game either. What information did they get?"

 

Correct me if I'm wrong but is he not insinuating that the Cardinals withheld information them? I mean not only is it as easy as getting on your iPhone and pulling up the weather channel or turning on the TV, but just look out in the outfield and see Batista warming up. I mean I live 6 hours away and I knew the storm was moving quickly.

 

Like I said in the other thread, if this were LaRussa you guys would of blown it out of proportion just like you do with everything else Cardinal related.

 

 

I don't know if he's insinuating that or not. Even if LaRussa had pulled a stunt like that I don't see anything wrong with it. It's gamesmanship IMO. Haven't you figured some of us out by now CP41? We start threads and post stuff like that to stir the pot. To get you tore up, and get you to respond. The same reason Phillipa tweeted a lot of the stuff he did last weekend. It's entertaining to watch the responses. :lol:

I don't know if he's insinuating that or not. Even if LaRussa had pulled a stunt like that I don't see anything wrong with it. It's gamesmanship IMO. Haven't you figured some of us out by now CP41? We start threads and post stuff like that to stir the pot. To get you tore up, and get you to respond. The same reason Phillipa tweeted a lot of the stuff he did last weekend. It's entertaining to watch the responses. :lol:

 

Fair enough. I knew posting in this thread would be nothing but a lose/lose for me, but I did it anyway. It works.

Fair enough. I knew posting in this thread would be nothing but a lose/lose for me, but I did it anyway. It works.

 

You have to fight back sometimes otherwise you will just get kicked around. :D

Sure seems like Cards fans have a big level of disdain when they still talk about wanting to "Get a piece of Cueto" (no articles or anything, just buddies of mine who are Cards fans that live in St. Louis), or when they make t-shirts about Mike Leake. Or how they boo Brandon Phillips with every at-bat. I think the Cards fans have just as much dislike...if not more.

Unfortunately I live in Cardinal territory. It is a massive following which stretches from Western Kentucky through all of Missouri and other parts of the mid-west. Sure the fight has heightened the tension for both, naturally, since they are in the same division, but their disdain begins and ends on the north side of Chicago. If the Cardinals were UNC basketball, the Reds would be seen as N.C. State or Wake Forest in their eyes.

Cardinals fans didn't exactly show their good side last week, either ... but Reds fans griping about the Cardinals' whininess might do well to remember the old saying "Choose your enemies carefully, because you will become just like them."

Sure seems like Cards fans have a big level of disdain when they still talk about wanting to "Get a piece of Cueto" (no articles or anything, just buddies of mine who are Cards fans that live in St. Louis), or when they make t-shirts about Mike Leake. Or how they boo Brandon Phillips with every at-bat. I think the Cards fans have just as much dislike...if not more.

 

The Cueto and Phillips stuff starts and ends with the fight. If Phillips and Cueto were traded to the Mets tomorrow that feeling wouldn't change. The Leake t-shirt stuff is just flat out funny. As far as Cards fans have just as much if not more dislike...not even close.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.