Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will Chris Carpenter's Son Ever Recover?

Featured Replies

  • Author
I will accept that as a concession speech and move on :D

 

Ditto... :thumb: :D

  • Replies 89
  • Views 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line is Carp is a big baby and needs to quit talking about it all the other players have.

60 players need to be on the field to break-up a 2 person skirmish? It is a baseball tradition to clear the benches. The NFL and NBA have adopted the stance nothing good happens when bench teammates swarm the field of play. MLB has not.

 

I agree. You dont see brawls in the NFL...and it's a much more violent game.

  • Author
I agree. You dont see brawls in the NFL...and it's a much more violent game.

 

You don't see brawls in the NFL because everyone is head to toe in body armor. NFL murder cases would seem to imply a much more violent player history...

Bottom line is Carp is a big baby and needs to quit talking about it all the other players have.

 

Yeah, Phillips has dropped it... I'm sure Carp didn't go to Ken and tell him about it anyway.

I took 2 years of Psychology, and what Carpenter was really saying was "As long as Scott Rolen is playing for the Reds I'm not going to start anything with them. You saw what he did to me last time, and it's really embarrassing when you come home and your young son ask you Daddy, how come Scott Rolen pushed you around like a rag doll? "

 

That was funny!

Bottom line is Carp is a big baby and needs to quit talking about it all the other players have.

 

And so we can bring this full circle to what started the whole thing, cue Brandon Phillips ... "The Cardinals are a bunch of whining _______ "

I wonder if little Sam Carpenter ever asked his daddy why he was such a jerk to his teammates in the dugout if they make a mistake?

Allowing and encouraging? Please. Fines, suspensions and ejections say otherwise. What would you recommend to stop it? Put electric shock tags on each player and zap them if they start a brawl?

 

The guy has been crying about this for 9 months. Be a parent, explain it to your kids and move on. Boo freakin hoo...

 

I follow the Cardinals pretty close and honestly this small piece and the initial reaction are really all I've heard out of Carp. When else was he complaining? I mean he does still have scars and his friend was forced to retire... but where is all of this cry baby Carpenter stuff at?

Is it a thing when you sign with the Cardinals that you become such a whiny baby? I'm sorry that his 8 year old saw a fight...was this the first one that he ever saw? When I was on the playground in 1st and 2nd grade, tag football games often ended with a fight. It's part of growing up. Explain what happened, don't condone it, and move on.

I took 2 years of Psychology, and what Carpenter was really saying was "As long as Scott Rolen is playing for the Reds I'm not going to start anything with them. You saw what he did to me last time, and it's really embarrassing when you come home and your young son ask you Daddy, how come Scott Rolen pushed you around like a rag doll? "

 

And Scott goes home and his daughter says "Daddy, why can't you catch up to a fastball anymore?" while Baker gets a call from his son "Daddy why did you act like you didn't get the weather reports, I called you before the game and told you, just like I did when Mr. Wainwright went down. Is it because Mr. LaRussa flat out out-managed you again and made you look stupid?"

I follow the Cardinals pretty close and honestly this small piece and the initial reaction are really all I've heard out of Carp. When else was he complaining? I mean he does still have scars and his friend was forced to retire... but where is all of this cry baby Carpenter stuff at?

 

Probably wasn't a good idea to be catching bullpen and jumping around in the dugout after he got kicked in the head. I'm sure his .196 batting average had nothing to do with him not playing anymore or the fact that he hit under .200 on average over the last 5 years.

 

 

Had a career batting Avg of .230 and somehow mad 20 Mil... Man I should have tried to be a catcher. :lol:

And Scott goes home and his daughter says "Daddy, why can't you catch up to a fastball anymore?" while Baker gets a call from his son "Daddy why did you act like you didn't get the weather reports, I called you before the game and told you, just like I did when Mr. Wainwright went down. Is it because Mr. LaRussa flat out out-managed you again and made you look stupid?"

 

Scott's daughter knows her daddy's shoulder is hurt. She's not stupid, and Baker knows he got outmanaged. You don't see him crying about it though. Surely you can do better than that. You get a F in originallty and a F in content.

Scott's daughter knows her daddy's shoulder is hurt. She's not stupid, and Baker knows he got outmanaged. You don't see him crying about it though. Surely you can do better than that. You get a F in originallty and a F in content.

 

Baker cried like a baby after the game? What are you talking about?

 

Thanks for the report card too. I'll stick to the important grades though.

Baker cried like a baby after the game? What are you talking about?

 

Thanks for the report card too. I'll stick to the important grades though.

 

 

Baker didn't cry at all. He was asked about filing a complaint with the MLB office and his reply was Why? What good would that do? Are they going to cancel the game or replay the game?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.