Track the NL Central Champion Reds (Week 2)

LRCW

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

Add me to the list of sporting the knee highs growing up...I wore them idolizing the pros, IMO High Socks looks more professional rather than unprofessional...I also had this idea growing up that High Socks meant that someone was fast on the bases lol...I just never felt right if I didn't have my socks pulled up to my knees and actually baseball started with the knee highs so idk it can be a high school look

Really disappointed that they're not going to give Bruce a chance at all this year against lefties...

Agree entirely, how can Jay learn to hit them if Crusty doesn't give him the chance. He and Joey should never sit down even against lefties.

Really disappointed that they're not going to give Bruce a chance at all this year against lefties...

I don't think that's going to be the case at all. Bruce got the start against Wolfe on Sunday. Dusty stated he wants to keep Heisey sharp, so he's giving him a start today.

What's the plan as far as spelling Rolen for the season?

I would think he'll probably play 2 of every 3 games once the season gets going, but with how many off days they always put at the beginning of the year, he's able to go every game right now.

Dusty stated on Sunday that Rolen will get this Thursday afternoon off. I'm sure Rolen will sit most day games after a night game.

I don't think that's going to be the case at all. Bruce got the start against Wolfe on Sunday. Dusty stated he wants to keep Heisey sharp, so he's giving him a start today.

So why sit your 2nd best player? Gomes shouldn't start more than 3-4 times a week tops.

So why sit your 2nd best player? Gomes shouldn't start more than 3-4 times a week tops.

Oh I'm sure the fact the Astros are throwing a lefty made the decision who to sit easier for Dusty, but I don't think sitting Bruce against lefties is going to be a common trend this year.