Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Track the NL Central Champion Reds (Week 2)

Featured Replies

I always wore the high socks... I love the look.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 217
  • Views 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:thumb:

 

Add me to the list of sporting the knee highs growing up...I wore them idolizing the pros, IMO High Socks looks more professional rather than unprofessional...I also had this idea growing up that High Socks meant that someone was fast on the bases lol...I just never felt right if I didn't have my socks pulled up to my knees and actually baseball started with the knee highs so idk it can be a high school look

Drew Stubbs 8

Brandon Phillips 4

Joey Votto 3

Scott Rolen 5

Jonny Gomes 7

Chris Heisey 9

Ramon Hernandez 2

Paul Janish 6

Mike Leake 1

 

vs. LHP J.A. Happ

I hope Chris Heisey plays well today in his first start of the season. Was glad to see him get a hit Sunday. Not sure why, but I really like to see him do well!

Really disappointed that they're not going to give Bruce a chance at all this year against lefties...

What's the plan as far as spelling Rolen for the season?

What's the plan as far as spelling Rolen for the season?

 

I would think he'll probably play 2 of every 3 games once the season gets going, but with how many off days they always put at the beginning of the year, he's able to go every game right now.

Really disappointed that they're not going to give Bruce a chance at all this year against lefties...

 

Agree entirely, how can Jay learn to hit them if Crusty doesn't give him the chance. He and Joey should never sit down even against lefties.

  • Author
Really disappointed that they're not going to give Bruce a chance at all this year against lefties...

 

 

I don't think that's going to be the case at all. Bruce got the start against Wolfe on Sunday. Dusty stated he wants to keep Heisey sharp, so he's giving him a start today.

  • Author
What's the plan as far as spelling Rolen for the season?

 

I would think he'll probably play 2 of every 3 games once the season gets going, but with how many off days they always put at the beginning of the year, he's able to go every game right now.

 

 

Dusty stated on Sunday that Rolen will get this Thursday afternoon off. I'm sure Rolen will sit most day games after a night game.

I don't think that's going to be the case at all. Bruce got the start against Wolfe on Sunday. Dusty stated he wants to keep Heisey sharp, so he's giving him a start today.

 

So why sit your 2nd best player? Gomes shouldn't start more than 3-4 times a week tops.

  • Author
So why sit your 2nd best player? Gomes shouldn't start more than 3-4 times a week tops.

 

 

Oh I'm sure the fact the Astros are throwing a lefty made the decision who to sit easier for Dusty, but I don't think sitting Bruce against lefties is going to be a common trend this year.

I love the high socks (wore them myself)

:thumb:

I always wore the high socks... I love the look.

:thumb:

:thumb:

 

:thumb:

4 games in and this is the 2nd day of lineup complaints. :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.