Butler vs. UConn/ National Championship

oldrambler

The 2011 National Champion is......??  

16 members have voted

1. 1. The 2011 National Champion is......??

I just stated on another tread that Butler does not beat themselves. Brad Stevens team is the best basketball fundamentally coached team in this tournament, bar none! They were last season as well imo, Duke had an equally great coach and better players and Butler was just one shot not falling from a title.

Butler imo will get a championship on Monday night. They are a better team and Stevens is not good, he is a great coach. Butler is also the only team in this final four that does not start a freshman. They are a team that has 3 returning starters from last seasons national final game. Butler imo will have the lead and hit foul shots down the stretch to get a national championship.

btw, I would have picked Butler to beat U.K. as well.

Butler 69

UConn 61

What's crazy, is to think, that Butler is about an inch away from playing for the opportunity to go back -2- back with titles. Will they win Monday? No telling yet. But they start with defense and solid ball control on offense. It's almost a certainty that the game will be close. Brad Stevens is making himself a legend as we sit here and watch. I am blessed in that I get to watch it (from great seats mind you), first hand.

It is still perplexing to watch Butler and wonder how they keep advancing, but they do it every game. From a pure physical perpective, UConn hold a major advantage. When the second game started yesterday, it was amazing to look at how much more physically superior those teams were compared to the first two teams. I would guess Butler will stay in a zone and make UConn play their game.

I'm not watching this one. I'm for Butler though. I like Shelvin Mack and hope he does well. We played them in HS & somehow beat them (his sophomore or junior year). It would be a pretty cool story to tell my kids & grandkids, that I played against a FF MVP & beat him when he was in high school.

I hate UConn, but I respect them. I like Kemba & JLamb & wouldn't be too disappointed if they won it all. I cannot stand Calhoun, but I guess I could overlook him.

I hate UConn, but I respect them. I like Kemba & JLamb & wouldn't be too disappointed if they won it all. I cannot stand Calhoun, but I guess I could overlook him.

You may be able to take solace, in that, if UConn brings home the title.....he's likely gone.

What's crazy, is to think, that Butler is about an inch away from playing for the opportunity to go back -2- back with titles. Will they win Monday? No telling yet. But they start with defense and solid ball control on offense. It's almost a certainty that the game will be close. Brad Stevens is making himself a legend as we sit here and watch. I am blessed in that I get to watch it (from great seats mind you), first hand.

So will you be cheering for Butler this year?