Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Butler vs. UConn/ National Championship

The 2011 National Champion is......?? 16 members have voted

  1. 1. The 2011 National Champion is......??

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

ON ESPN poll after 25,000 votes it was 50/50.

  • Author

I just stated on another tread that Butler does not beat themselves. Brad Stevens team is the best basketball fundamentally coached team in this tournament, bar none! They were last season as well imo, Duke had an equally great coach and better players and Butler was just one shot not falling from a title.

Butler imo will get a championship on Monday night. They are a better team and Stevens is not good, he is a great coach. Butler is also the only team in this final four that does not start a freshman. They are a team that has 3 returning starters from last seasons national final game. Butler imo will have the lead and hit foul shots down the stretch to get a national championship.

btw, I would have picked Butler to beat U.K. as well.

 

Butler 69

UConn 61

I'm cheering for the school that shares my last name and my last name is not Connecticut. Go Butler!!!!!!!!!

  • Author

I hope that Lexington's S. Mack has a monster game and gets the tourney mvp award.

I hope that Lexington's S. Mack has a monster game and gets the tourney mvp award.

 

:thumb::thumb:

Should be an interesting game to say in the least; I definitely don't have any plans on betting on it. Good luck to both teams.

What's crazy, is to think, that Butler is about an inch away from playing for the opportunity to go back -2- back with titles. Will they win Monday? No telling yet. But they start with defense and solid ball control on offense. It's almost a certainty that the game will be close. Brad Stevens is making himself a legend as we sit here and watch. I am blessed in that I get to watch it (from great seats mind you), first hand.

It is still perplexing to watch Butler and wonder how they keep advancing, but they do it every game. From a pure physical perpective, UConn hold a major advantage. When the second game started yesterday, it was amazing to look at how much more physically superior those teams were compared to the first two teams. I would guess Butler will stay in a zone and make UConn play their game.

I'm not watching this one. I'm for Butler though. I like Shelvin Mack and hope he does well. We played them in HS & somehow beat them (his sophomore or junior year). It would be a pretty cool story to tell my kids & grandkids, that I played against a FF MVP & beat him when he was in high school.

 

I hate UConn, but I respect them. I like Kemba & JLamb & wouldn't be too disappointed if they won it all. I cannot stand Calhoun, but I guess I could overlook him.

I hate UConn, but I respect them. I like Kemba & JLamb & wouldn't be too disappointed if they won it all. I cannot stand Calhoun, but I guess I could overlook him.

 

You may be able to take solace, in that, if UConn brings home the title.....he's likely gone.

What's crazy, is to think, that Butler is about an inch away from playing for the opportunity to go back -2- back with titles. Will they win Monday? No telling yet. But they start with defense and solid ball control on offense. It's almost a certainty that the game will be close. Brad Stevens is making himself a legend as we sit here and watch. I am blessed in that I get to watch it (from great seats mind you), first hand.

 

 

So will you be cheering for Butler this year?

I'm obviously pulling for UConn at this point... However, Butler just keeps winning. I picked who I want to win, not necessarily who I think will win...

Team play will win, even against a bunch of "superior" players. Butler plays offence/defense and can adjust during the game because of Stevens.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.