UK v UConn Predictions

Clyde

UK vs UConn: Who Wins?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. UK vs UConn: Who Wins?

The hardest thing about this game to predict is the fact that both teams are playing so well right now, both just white hot. I've said for a while now the NCAA tourney isn't always about the best team but about the team who peaks at the right time, both have certainly peaked and got going at the right time.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Miller struggled at times against Barnes, but he didn't do a bad job. Barnes has to be ones of the top 5 talents in college basketball IMO, he's going to get his. And not even a point per shot is more than making him work to get his.

:thumb:I believe anybody will struggle at times with a great player. The key is can you make them work for it and struggle at times themselves. I think Miller did that as evidenced by Barnes sub 40% shooting percentage.

I'm certain Liggins will have a difficult time with Walker (if he guards him), but he's also capable of making him work harder than normal and could frustrate him with his length.

I think how the officials call the game is a big factor. Will they let them play? Will they call it close? Will they give Walker the star treatment and call nothing on him? Will they call carrying the ball on Walker when he makes his moves? He does it all the time and gets by with it. All of them do it a little but he is more extreme, freezing his defenders with a high hesitation dribble and then blowing past them. We'll see.

Who all starts for UConn?

Calhoun has been rotating his starters in the 9 game run. Kemba, Lamb and Oriakhi are for sure. Roscoe Smith has usually been in there as well. Oleander, Okwandu and Coombs-McDaniel have rotated based on matchups...

What has really hurt UConn in their losses this year? Is there any one thing, short of being out scored, that UConn did (or did not do) in their losses? They can lose or they would not have finished as low as they did in the Big East. Was Walker of on those nights?

What has really hurt UConn in their losses this year? Is there any one thing, short of being out scored, that UConn did (or did not do) in their losses? They can lose or they would not have finished as low as they did in the Big East. Was Walker of on those nights?

The biggest thing was forcing Kemba into being a volume shooter which goes against his strengths for the most part. He thrives on high percentage looks in the lane and open jumpers when working off the ball. Figuring out how to take that away is the tough part...

The biggest thing was forcing Kemba into being a volume shooter which goes against his strengths for the most part. He thrives on high percentage looks in the lane and open jumpers when working off the ball. Figuring out how to take that away is the tough part...

So was it matter of other teams taking away UConn's other options, or Kemba just playing a little too selfishly? By the way, have you posted your prediction in the thread yet?

So filling the lane will only orce him outside to eat you up from the three? Gotta be something that is being looked at. Too many losses even for a "machine".....

You force him to be a volume shooter by taking away the other options, which is why I suggested Liggins on Lamb. Only time he tends to force the issue is when he has to...

The hardest thing about this game to predict is the fact that both teams are playing so well right now, both just white hot. I've said for a while now the NCAA tourney isn't always about the best team but about the team who peaks at the right time, both have certainly peaked and got going at the right time.

What gets me is that the talking heads act like UConn is the only hot team out of the two, even though UK's winning streak is more games and for a longer amount of time.

Something that bothers me is how all of the basketball analysts are saying Uconn is on the biggest streak and is the hottest team in the land. UK has won 10 straight, Uconn has won 9. Granted their run through the BE was impressive. Dont know why thats bothering me. But oh well. Cats avenge another one. Cats by 2. I hope.