Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK v UConn Predictions

UK vs UConn: Who Wins? 60 members have voted

  1. 1. UK vs UConn: Who Wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I'd go with Liggins on Lamb personally. UConn has lost several times with Kemba getting his but the others providing little support. Lamb has been the key over the last 3 weeks and I'm not sure UConn can win if you take him away...

 

I'd put Liggins on Lamb.

 

I was going to say the same exact thing. Cal will debate this over the next few days: Liggins on Walker and try to shut him down or Liggins on Lamb and let Walker get his. I am with you GT and think Cal will start by putting Liggins on Lamb. He may have to switch to the other option during the game if it doesn't work.

 

My prediction: UK 68 Uconn 65

 

I agree with Liggins on Lamb. The reason is that no one is going to stop Walker. He is too good. And I remember him getting UK the first time around with Liggins on him. I go with Liggins on Lamb, take away the other offensive option and if Walker beats you, tip your hat because he is just that good.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with Liggins on Lamb. The reason is that no one is going to stop Walker. He is too good. And I remember him getting UK the first time around with Liggins on him. I go with Liggins on Lamb, take away the other offensive option and if Walker beats you, tip your hat because he is just that good.

 

This is pretty much exactly what I was going to post. Liggins may slow Walker down a bit but he is still going to get 20-25 will Lamb goes off for another 20-25. Put Liggins on Lamb, put our Lamb on Walker and hope everyone else contains their guy.

I'd go with Liggins on Lamb personally. UConn has lost several times with Kemba getting his but the others providing little support. Lamb has been the key over the last 3 weeks and I'm not sure UConn can win if you take him away...

 

This will be interesting to see what happens. I think that D. Miller has been playing really good defense so far this tournament. He has had a couple of lapses, but he holds Buford to 2-16 and I thought he did a good job vs Barns in the half court. I think he guards Lamb and they keep Liggins on the point IMO. It will be a good cat n mouse game. What Cal has done a few times and even for a couple of possesions vs UNC when he switched Liggins on Barnes in the 2nd half and against UF in the SEC champ game, he switched Liggins to the hot hand...I think this has a chance if both teams continue there shot making ability to be an epic battle!

UConn finished 9th... :D

 

Or was Sir Charles right, and the Big East is just a bunch of good teams with very good coaches that are all similar? You gotta give it to UConn for winning the BE tourney, and making their run to the Final Four, while most of their higher rated league mates laid eggs from coast to coast!!

I agree with Liggins on Lamb. The reason is that no one is going to stop Walker. He is too good. And I remember him getting UK the first time around with Liggins on him. I go with Liggins on Lamb, take away the other offensive option and if Walker beats you, tip your hat because he is just that good.

 

The only counter I could make to that argument is that Miller, IMO, is capable of guarding Lamb. If he can, then you can put your best defender on Walker and still have a guy on Lamb that can check him.

The only counter I could make to that argument is that Miller, IMO, is capable of guarding Lamb. If he can, then you can put your best defender on Walker and still have a guy on Lamb that can check him.

 

I agree. He checked Barnes pretty well while he was in the game. If not Liggins on Walker then who?

I have a lot of faith that Calipari will come up with a good defensive game plan to slow down the Walker/Lamb duo.

I think there are some major differences in UK this time around vs. UConn that give reason for optimism.

 

1. In the first matchup, Harrelson wasn't close to the player he has developed into and Oriakhi abused us. Oriakhi was 7/10 with 18 points, 11 boards, and 3 blocks. Harrelson was 0/1 with no points and 6 rebounds. I expect Jorts to make a better showing this time around.

 

2. At that point in the season, UK couldn't function without Terrance Jones on the floor. We needed Jones to be an offensive force to be good. Now, with the emergence of our upperclassmen, Jones doesn't have to be a big scorer and we can play when he's on the bench. In the first matchup, we lost by 17. UConn finished the first half on a 22-7 run after Jones went to the bench with 2 fouls.

 

3. Walker was 10 of 17 for 29 points and 6 assists. Brandon Knight 3 of 15 and fouled out. I believe Knight will player better this time.

 

 

Kentucky is the more talented team, but Kemba Walker is an equalizer. It's possible that he could carry UConn to victory. In that case, what can you do but tip your hat and say the best player in college basketball beat you.

 

If UK can contain the supporting cast, and Walker doesn't just catch fire and beat them himself, I think UK is the better team.

I agree. He checked Barnes pretty well while he was in the game. If not Liggins on Walker then who?

 

I suppose that is the other counter. I don't feel confident with Knight or Lamb on Walker. Nobody is going to stop him, but Liggins can make him work for it and we can match up pretty good elsewhere, IMO.

 

I'd prefer to see Liggins on Walker. Plus, I believe DeAndre will be really motivated to make a better showing this time around. Considering that Cal has put Liggins on back-to-back PG's because they were the guys that made their teams go, I'll be surprised if he isn't on Walker to start the UConn game. The scariest thing about Walker is that he is a guy who could get us in foul trouble.

So what happens if the 7th place team in the Big East beats the 2nd best team in the SEC? Could be tough pill for many UK fans to swallow. I'm sure the Big East fans won't say a word though. :lol::lol::lol:

 

1. We beat Lousville

2. We are in the Final Four

3. Duke, UNC, and Kansas got beat out and will not be in Final Four

 

I doubt we have much of a pill to swallow regardless of the outcome. Go Big Blue!

With Walker you have to stay on your feet and crowd his space. He is a great shot faker and when he gets into the lane, I think our bigs have to stay home and block out. Don't rotate over for blocked shots.

Don't see how anyone can't pick against this UK team right now....They seem more than determined.

 

 

Cats by 11.

With Walker you have to stay on your feet and crowd his space. He is a great shot faker and when he gets into the lane, I think our bigs have to stay home and block out. Don't rotate over for blocked shots.

If you watched the UC game, they blow the whistle for him like he's Jordan. I'm worried about foul trouble.

IMO.I feel that staying out of foul trouble will be the cat's biggest challenge.

Even better. I'm sure you wont say a thing if the 9th place team from the Big East beats the 2nd place team from the SEC for a 2nd time though. :D:D
You know what is even better UK has the opportunity to play, win or lose. :eek::banana:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.