Come on guys, Keep this win in perspective!

Pile Driver

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, it will be huge.....they get my respect for winning the game. You're right, it is hate. I hate UK, I hate Calipari the Coach (not the man), I hate the players when they are on the court with KENTUCKY written across their chests. I hate UK athletically, not academically, not as people. Now, that being said, I didn't say that the national pundits expected UK to win, I said they wouldn't be surprised about it. Heck, Dickie V said that he could see them in the Final Four. Dan Patrick and Jim Rome both said they wouldn't be shocked to see UK beat OSU.

I don't think the jubilation is caused by the fact that no one ever saw this coming. The "we shocked the world" threads are quite overblown, but I think it stems from the fact that UK hadn't exceeded expectations in the tournament in quite some time. It has usually been the opposite, with UK being a favorite only to disappoint. When was the last time UK won a close game in the tournament, especially as the underdog? Throw in the fact that it was against the number one overall seed on a last second shot, as well as how many had given up on this team and been looking ahead to next year, and I can definitely understand it.

Nope, it will be huge.....they get my respect for winning the game. You're right, it is hate. I hate UK, I hate Calipari the Coach (not the man), I hate the players when they are on the court with KENTUCKY written across their chests. I hate UK athletically, not academically, not as people. Now, that being said, I didn't say that the national pundits expected UK to win, I said they wouldn't be surprised about it. Heck, Dickie V said that he could see them in the Final Four. Dan Patrick and Jim Rome both said they wouldn't be shocked to see UK beat OSU.

Seriously, I don't think I hvave ever seen the word used that much in one post.

But now the pressure is really on UK because if they win they get your respect. You have no idea how much that means to UK.

But now the pressure is really on UK because if they win they get your respect. You have no idea how much that means to UK.

Exactly,why do so many people care about what I think? Maybe they say they don't, and that's fine. We all have opinions, I have mine, we move forward.

No. You may have meant it for someone else, but if it's geared towards me, then some digging is to be done. I hate UK, but I understand and recognize their skill level and ability.

I'm not doing any digging, and I'll let you decide who it was for.

I am done "sulking" about my loss. I am tired of everyone claiming UK's greatness, then act as if wins are unexpected....it's one or the other. Either you are a top dog, or you're not. No one nationally is surprised UK won. They had the #1 recruiting class in the land. It's tired.

You are hilarious. Thanks for playin. :lol: