Come on guys, Keep this win in perspective!

Pile Driver

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What has always cracked me up about the non-pro UK crowd is the insinuation that because they are not a UK fan, they are somehow level headed and grounded when it comes to all matters UK related. Is the jubilation a little high? Sure it is. But to try and discredit it as if it was no big deal is silly given how poorly UK has played at points this season and tOSUs hold on the top spot for most of the year. Compared to previous years, no, tOSU was not great. College basketball play and talent is at an all time low and continues to get worse. But they were a heck of a team worthy of the accolades and UK has come a long way. Celebration is in order, but not for long..

What has always cracked me up about the non-pro UK crowd is the insinuation that because they are not a UK fan, they are somehow level headed and grounded when it comes to all matters UK related. Is the jubilation a little high? Sure it is. But to try and discredit it as if it was no big deal is silly given how poorly UK has played at points this season and tOSUs hold on the top spot for most of the year. Compared to previous years, no, tOSU was not great. College basketball play and talent is at an all time low and continues to get worse. But they were a heck of a team worthy of the accolades and UK has come a long way. Celebration is in order, but not for long..
Excellent post.

I am done "sulking" about my loss. I am tired of everyone claiming UK's greatness, then act as if wins are unexpected....it's one or the other. Either you are a top dog, or you're not. No one nationally is surprised UK won. They had the #1 recruiting class in the land. It's tired.

I'm not HB but will this one work? How many people picked OSU to win last night? 5 out of 6 people on the major networks? 1/4 of the people on ESPN's bracket pool had OHio State winning it all. UK's recruiting class is obviously not as good without Kanter who was the highest rated guy in the class.

It's just hate, plain and simple. What will you say if UK beats UNC? Will it suddenly become less impressive as you will find faults with UNC's game somehow tomorrow?

Who is comparing this to championship wins? I keep seeing people saying that we shouldn't do that, but I haven't actually seen anyone do it. I'm sure I'm just over looking it.

The "We shocked the world" thread wasn't a bit over the top?

The one that was started immediately after the game and got 3 responses?

I haven't read the game thread, so I'm betting there's more of the hyperbole in there.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great win. But in a year when the college basketball game in general is down, it's not that big a surprise, given Kentucky's arc of improvement late in the season.

...given Kentucky's arc of improvement late in the season.
To me that is the reason for as much excitement as their has been. I view at as more of a celebration in as far as they have come, not the sole fact they won the game.

To me that is the reason for as much excitement as their has been. I view at as more of a celebration in as far as they have come, not the sole fact they won the game.

I hadn't thought about that but I think you're right. At least for me. I think that's part of why the win was so big, no one would have seen this as a possibility a month ago.

People trash Cal's coaching ability, but he's done a heck of a job this year.

It's just hate, plain and simple. What will you say if UK beats UNC? Will it suddenly become less impressive as you will find faults with UNC's game somehow tomorrow?

Nope, it will be huge.....they get my respect for winning the game. You're right, it is hate. I hate UK, I hate Calipari the Coach (not the man), I hate the players when they are on the court with KENTUCKY written across their chests. I hate UK athletically, not academically, not as people. Now, that being said, I didn't say that the national pundits expected UK to win, I said they wouldn't be surprised about it. Heck, Dickie V said that he could see them in the Final Four. Dan Patrick and Jim Rome both said they wouldn't be shocked to see UK beat OSU.