Come on guys, Keep this win in perspective!

Pile Driver

Why was it unexpected? UK had the #1 recruiting class in the land. You all said they were under-seeded, matched up well, coaching, etc......don't toot your horn now. Do what you're supposed to do.

Take Canter out of the solution and don't see where you come up with #1 recruiting class. Only 6 deep all year. I don't know how you think they were "supposed" to beat the #1 team in the country?? Just as I don't think AZ was "supposed" to destroy the Blue weenies. Always next year. haha

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the biggest win for the program since 1998. Name one bigger? Thats not to say if we win the NC this season that wont change, but up to this point its the biggest in 13 years.

I'm with you corndog. Maybe not for the program, but for me personally it was the biggest UK victory since 1998, probably even bigger than those for me. I mean I was 10 in 1996, and 12 in 1998. I loved seeing those wins, but wasn't old enough to truly appreciate them as a lover of the game, as I am now. We were a 6.5 point underdog going into the game, against the #1 overall seed. We are definitely not the #1 recruiting class with Kanter being declared ineligible (makes ya wonder what we would have been ranked?).

It might not be the biggest win for the program, but it is to me personally. I have so many friends and family who are OSU fans, who didn't care about basketball until very recently and heard a lot of talk from them throughout the year, and especially this week. So I was really glad to see my Cats pull out the W (with that being said, I though from Dec. on that OSU would win the title this year).

This is a huge win and there is no reason to downplay it! It was honestly my favorite UK game that I've ever watched. Not worth more than the titles, but my favorite.

Why was it unexpected? UK had the #1 recruiting class in the land. You all said they were under-seeded, matched up well, coaching, etc......don't toot your horn now. Do what you're supposed to do.

It was unexpected because osu was 32-2 and had dominated their first two games in the tourney already. Kentucky might have been underseeded but that doesn't mean everyone expected them to beat the #1 overall team. Don't let your hatred of uk blind you too much here...this win was huge:

Well Florida State had the number 1 football class in the land. I guess if they beat #1 Oklahoma in week 3 or 4 this up coming season they shouldn't be excited about it. My goodness, they have 2 National Titles and the best recruiting class in the land. That argument is pathetic IMO.

#1 in football, #1 in basketball......apples and pianos.

I am done "sulking" about my loss. I am tired of everyone claiming UK's greatness, then act as if wins are unexpected....it's one or the other. Either you are a top dog, or you're not. No one nationally is surprised UK won. They had the #1 recruiting class in the land. It's tired.

Are you kidding? Because you must be. The #1 class equals upsetting the #1 overall team? Come on alot of people nationally were surprised Kentucky win that game.

I understand uk fans are a little crazy sometimes but I think it's okay to be excited about beating the #1 overall team, #1 class or not.

#1 in football, #1 in basketball......apples and pianos.

Not really. Cal's #1 classes have a bigger impact that most, but standard #1's there aren't that much difference. Used to be that a #1 class wouldn't make you an automatic championship contender unless you had alot of talent and depth already. Sound familiar to football?

It's not the #1 class so that isn't even a point to argue about. The guy that was #3 in the class isn't even eligible to play.

Fair enough.

Speaking of that is anyone else kind of glad we don't have Kanter? I feel awful for him, but from a fan perspective if he comes it's likely we don't have this story with Harrellson. I like the fact that this UK team plays 6 guys, is undersized, and has a mix of veteran role guys, a star PG, and two freshman who are total wildcards when they're out on the floor. Makes this team special in a different way than last years team. Took me a while to appreciate it, but I like the heart this team has shown for the last month. The older 3 simply refused to lose last night, and the younger guys followed suit.

Beating the No. 1 overall seed in a year when college hoops is down across the board isn't on par with NC State over Houston or Villanova over G'town, but some of you folks are making it out to be. They were only favored by five points, so the oddsmakers didn't have that much respect for the Buckeyes.

Beating the No. 1 overall seed in a year when college hoops is down across the board isn't on par with NC State over Houston or Villanova over G'town, but some of you folks are making it out to be. They were only favored by five points, so the oddsmakers didn't have that much respect for the Buckeyes.

Really? Come on Jim talk about over the top.

Fair enough.

Speaking of that is anyone else kind of glad we don't have Kanter? I feel awful for him, but from a fan perspective if he comes it's likely we don't have this story with Harrellson. I like the fact that this UK team plays 6 guys, is undersized, and has a mix of veteran role guys, a star PG, and two freshman who are total wildcards when they're out on the floor. Makes this team special in a different way than last years team. Took me a while to appreciate it, but I like the heart this team has shown for the last month. The older 3 simply refused to lose last night, and the younger guys followed suit.

NO!! :lol: We could have been a #1 with Kanter possibly.