Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 X and O coaches in college basketball

Featured Replies

My count is 13.

 

Carlos Boozer

Shane Battier

Mike Dunleavy

Corey Maggette

Elton Brand

Dahntay Jones

JJ Redick

Shelden Williams

Chris Duhon

Luol Deng

Josh McRoberts

Grant Hill

Gerald Henderson

 

Let me know if I am missing someone.

 

:ohbrother: Just seeing his name

  • Replies 97
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will keep this argument about talent in mind when we begin our discussions on how dominant the 2011-12 Wildcats will be. I understand what HT is saying. If Duke was signing Calipari Talent then Duke would go undefeated every year. Yeah, they both get burger boys but Duke pulled one top 10 burger boy this year while UK has three of the top five.....correct me if I am wrong there. No one is pulling Calipari Talent(didn't last year's class have a thread comparing them to the Fab Five) and I think that is the point he is trying to make. I wouldn't say Duke is short on talent but it still isn't Calipari Talent. I don't see how that can be argued.

 

You have to be kidding. Did you really just write that "if Duke was signing Calipari Talent then Duke would go undefeated every year"? So your saying if Duke had signed Knight, Lamb, Poole, and Jones they would go undefeated?

 

First of all, Irving was rated higher than any of UK's recruits this year and you also glossed over the fact that the one burger boy for Duke is rated as the best high school player in the country by several rating outlets.

 

I really can't believe we are debating the talent level at Duke.

You have to be kidding. Did you really just write that "if Duke was signing Calipari Talent then Duke would go undefeated every year"? So your saying if Duke had signed Knight, Lamb, Poole, and Jones they would go undefeated?

 

First of all, Irving was rated higher than any of UK's recruits this year and you also glossed over the fact that the one burger boy for Duke is rated as the best high school player in the country by several rating outlets.

 

I really can't believe we are debating the talent level at Duke.

 

Add Knight, Jones and Lamb to Irving, Singler and Smith and tell me how many games Duke would lose. Please. Tell me.

 

Forgive me.....math at Bowling Green High says that 3 guys in the top 5 is greater than 3 guys in the top 50.:idunno:

 

 

Like I said, no one is recruiting at the level Calipari is. Nobody. Not taking anything away from the marvelous job Coach K is doing and I am very pleased with next year's class at Duke but if you are telling me that Duke's class is just as good as UK's class then don't act like UK will win it all next year. That's all I am saying. I am giving you a chance to say UK will be better than Duke next year but you passed it up. Cool with me. You will see me in October. Believe that.:lol::thumb:

Carlos Boozer

Elton Brand

Luol Deng

Chris Duhon

DeMarcus Nelson

Shane Battier

Corey Maggette

Josh McRoberts

Shelden Williams

J.J. Redick

Dahntay Jones

Grant Hill

Mike Dunleavy

Gerald Henderson

Shavlik was released in October is what I found on him. Demarcus Nelson is overseas. Haven't heard anything on Kelanna. I really thought he was still at Golden State.

 

Randolph was just released like two days ago is what I heard.

Carlos Boozer

Elton Brand

Luol Deng

Chris Duhon

DeMarcus Nelson

Shane Battier

Corey Maggette

Josh McRoberts

Shelden Williams

J.J. Redick

Dahntay Jones

Grant Hill

Mike Dunleavy

Gerald Henderson

 

Might be wrong but I thought Nelson was hanging around somewhere.

Add Knight, Jones and Lamb to Irving, Singler and Smith and tell me how many games Duke would lose. Please. Tell me.

 

Forgive me.....math at Bowling Green High says that 3 guys in the top 5 is greater than 3 guys in the top 50.:idunno:

 

 

Like I said, no one is recruiting at the level Calipari is. Nobody. Not taking anything away from the marvelous job Coach K is doing and I am very pleased with next year's class at Duke but if you are telling me that Duke's class is just as good as UK's class then don't act like UK will win it all next year. That's all I am saying. I am giving you a chance to say UK will be better than Duke next year but you passed it up. Cool with me. You will see me in October. Believe that.:lol::thumb:

 

So you meant if Duke got all of their recruits plus all of UK's recruits? So Duke gets UK's class and Kyrie. Well if UK had Sullinger, Barnes, and Irving they would be undefeated.

 

The topic was coaches and the statement was made that if Duke had UK talent. My point is they have had every bit as good of talent as UK or Coach Cal at Memphis or UK. I would say that Duke has had as good a talent as Cal when he was with the Nets. Maybe you missed that whole discussion because somehow you are projecting into the future. So yes UK's class next year is better than Duke's, no doubt. But for the past 10 years Duke's talent has been as good as anyone in the country.

So you meant if Duke got all of their recruits plus all of UK's recruits? So Duke gets UK's class and Kyrie. Well if UK had Sullinger, Barnes, and Irving they would be undefeated.

 

The topic was coaches and the statement was made that if Duke had UK talent. My point is they have had every bit as good of talent as UK or Coach Cal at Memphis or UK. I would say that Duke has had as good a talent as Cal when he was with the Nets. Maybe you missed that whole discussion because somehow you are projecting into the future. So yes UK's class next year is better than Duke's, no doubt. But for the past 10 years Duke's talent has been as good as anyone in the country.

 

I never denied the bolded.

 

I was talking present day. UK has had the number 1 recruiting class every year of Cal, correct?

 

I used the term Calipari Talent because he has been the best recruiter for the last 3 years and no one is approaching the talent he is getting. Coach K has been doing a great job of getting great classes together as well though. No denying that....but it isn't Calipari Talent is all I am saying.

Well apparently our good friend Tubbs is the greatest X's and O's man of all time, which pretty much tells me in it's own right that X's and O's is the most overrated aspect of coaching that there is.

Well apparently our good friend Tubbs is the greatest X's and O's man of all time, which pretty much tells me in it's own right that X's and O's is the most overrated aspect of coaching that there is.

 

It's not when you have talent, Tubs problem was always that he never could get talent towards the end to run his x's and o's. He had a few good players but he never came close to UK's talent now after the 98/99 teams. They really didn't talent potential of the players now, but they were very talented in their own right.

Top 10 in no certain order.

Izzo

Coach K

Pitino

Donovan

Few

Stevens

Miller

Wright

Fox

Beilein

It's not when you have talent, Tubs problem was always that he never could get talent towards the end to run his x's and o's. He had a few good players but he never came close to UK's talent now after the 98/99 teams. They really didn't talent potential of the players now, but they were very talented in their own right.

 

I believe Tubs had the number 1 ranked recruiting class with Rondo, Crawford, Morris, and Bradley, and in 2002 he had arguably more talent than anyone else in the nation. How'd that work out for him? I'm starting to think that more so than X's and O's, it takes getting great players and getting them to buy into your system.

The pl;ayers you listed don't compare to the talent Cal has put in the league.....

 

Shane Battier has had a solid career. Grant Hill has had a great NBA career, although marred by injuries. Elton Brand was the #1 overall pick & has had a very good career. Jason (Jay) Williams could have been a very, very good NBA player.
I believe Tubs had the number 1 ranked recruiting class with Rondo, Crawford, Morris, and Bradley, and in 2002 he had arguably more talent than anyone else in the nation. How'd that work out for him? I'm starting to think that more so than X's and O's, it takes getting great players and getting them to buy into your system.

 

Well Rondo jumped ship early, and most of his talent has been developed in the NBA, I didn't think Rondo was ready when he left but he did. Morris was just a head case, lots of talent but a head case. Take those two away and that's half the class. Bradley turned out pretty well but it was his junior and senior years, he just took some time to develop. Crawford was the best college player in that group by a mile in my opinion.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.