Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 X and O coaches in college basketball

Featured Replies

It is easily argued when HT suggests that Duke's players, although talented, are not quality players in the NBA.

 

 

Duke has 14 players in the NBA if I am not mistaken. No Hall of Famers and not many all star appearances but they are definitely more quality players than benchwarmers. I do think over the next couple of years UK will pass that number and produce a few more all star appearances as well.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Right. My point was that people in this thread are doing exactly what you did - find a successful school who you think has lesser talent, and name the coach.

 

 

 

:D

 

I am not too proud to admit that my list is flawed and biased and that a seasoned follower of college basketball could rip my list apart. I kind of like my list for off the top of my head.:D

In no particular order:

 

Ryan-Wisconsin

Izzo-Mich State

Donovan-Fla

Coach K. Duke

Matta-Ohio State

Self-Kansas

Majerus-St. Louis

Few-Gonzaga

Williams-North Carolina

Stevens-Butler

Nazr Mohammed - Thunder

Rajon Rondo - Celtics

Chuck Hayes - Rockets

Jodie Meeks - 76ers

Kelenna Azubuike - Knicks

Jamal Magloire - Heat

Daniel Orton - Magic

Patrick Patterson - Rockets

John Wall - Wizards

Eric Bledsoe - Clippers

DeMarcus Cousins - Kings

Tayshaun Prince - Pistons

Keith Bogans - Bulls

 

Almost there already...

Nazr Mohammed - Thunder

Rajon Rondo - Celtics

Chuck Hayes - Rockets

Jodie Meeks - 76ers

Kelenna Azubuike - Knicks

Jamal Magloire - Heat

Daniel Orton - Magic

Patrick Patterson - Rockets

John Wall - Wizards

Eric Bledsoe - Clippers

DeMarcus Cousins - Kings

Tayshaun Prince - Pistons

Keith Bogans - Bulls

 

Almost there already...

 

 

I know.:isurrender: I enjoyed that run until Calipari showed up. I had this argument with a friend of mine on Facebook last week and I thought UK had 9. Then I looked it up and was like.....dang.....they got 13 now. If not for Nolan Smith, Singler and Irving they'd pass Duke up this year. Especially since I know you guys will count Kanter.:D

Duke has 14 players in the NBA if I am not mistaken. No Hall of Famers and not many all star appearances but they are definitely more quality players than benchwarmers. I do think over the next couple of years UK will pass that number and produce a few more all star appearances as well.

 

Grant Hill has had a great NBA career. Elton Brand & Carlos Boozer have both been very, very good big men. Corey Maggette has been a very good scorer. Redick is coming into his own. Shelden Williams won't ever do much, but he'll stick around the league for a while. Jason Williams's career was ruined by injury.

 

Why are Duke fans trying to downplay the success that their alumni have had in the league? For the most part, each of them have had good careers with lots of injuries.

I know.:isurrender: I enjoyed that run until Calipari showed up. I had this argument with a friend of mine on Facebook last week and I thought UK had 9. Then I looked it up and was like.....dang.....they got 13 now. If not for Nolan Smith, Singler and Irving they'd pass Duke up this year. Especially since I know you guys will count Kanter.:D

 

How many does Duke have? 16?

I know.:isurrender: I enjoyed that run until Calipari showed up. I had this argument with a friend of mine on Facebook last week and I thought UK had 9. Then I looked it up and was like.....dang.....they got 13 now. If not for Nolan Smith, Singler and Irving they'd pass Duke up this year. Especially since I know you guys will count Kanter.:D

 

:lol: Well, he technically did go to Kentucky, so I say he should count.

 

Duke will be at 17 (18 if Plumlee is an idiot and actually does come out) after this year. UK will be anywhere from 14-17 depending on who leaves (Lamb, Knight, Jones), or who catches on (Harrellson). Then next year, the Cats take the lead with the likes of Gilchrist, Teague, Davis, Miller, and Liggins. :D

If Billy Donovan wins the next 10 NCAA titles you'll not see me put him in my list. It's my list and he'll never be on there.

 

Coach K, Izzo, Brad Stevens come to mind. Cal has to be on there somewhere. Ricky P has lost his touch a little bit but I'll put him on there. I think Howland is a good X's and O's guy, he just hasn't had much talent the last few years. Tubby was a heck of a defensive strategist. Huggy Bear is good.

 

I think Williams and Self are overrated, but that could just be my personal dislike for both of their programs.

One guy I've yet to see mentioned that I'd include is Kevin Stallings. Always seems to have a really well coached team that executes very well, especially out of TO's. (Excluding tournament play of course)

Grant Hill has had a great NBA career. Elton Brand & Carlos Boozer have both been very, very good big men. Corey Maggette has been a very good scorer. Redick is coming into his own. Shelden Williams won't ever do much, but he'll stick around the league for a while. Jason Williams's career was ruined by injury.

 

Why are Duke fans trying to downplay the success that their alumni have had in the league? For the most part, each of them have had good careers with lots of injuries.

 

Who is downplaying it? I said there are more quality players than benchwarmers and that UK will have more all star appearances the Duke players in a few years. There aren't any Duke superstars in the league. Grant Hill has been the closest but he is at the tail end of his career.

How many does Duke have? 16?

 

:lol: Well, he technically did go to Kentucky, so I say he should count.

 

Duke will be at 17 (18 if Plumlee is an idiot and actually does come out) after this year. UK will be anywhere from 14-17 depending on who leaves (Lamb, Knight, Jones), or who catches on (Harrellson). Then next year, the Cats take the lead with the likes of Gilchrist, Teague, Davis, Miller, and Liggins. :D

 

My count is 13.

 

Carlos Boozer

Shane Battier

Mike Dunleavy

Corey Maggette

Elton Brand

Dahntay Jones

JJ Redick

Shelden Williams

Chris Duhon

Luol Deng

Josh McRoberts

Grant Hill

Gerald Henderson

 

Let me know if I am missing someone.

My count is 13.

 

Carlos Boozer

Shane Battier

Mike Dunleavy

Corey Maggette

Elton Brand

Dahntay Jones

JJ Redick

Shelden Williams

Chris Duhon

Luol Deng

Josh McRoberts

Grant Hill

Gerald Henderson

 

Let me know if I am missing someone.

 

What about Shavlik Randolph? Is he still hanging around with the 76ers?

 

FWIW, ESPN lists Duke at 13. They only list UK with 12, but they don't include Kelenna, who may have been released due to injury. :idunno:

Shavlik was released in October is what I found on him. Demarcus Nelson is overseas. Haven't heard anything on Kelanna. I really thought he was still at Golden State.

Yeah, the Knicks waived him on Feb. 28. Kelanna that is.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.