Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 10 X and O coaches in college basketball

Featured Replies

I will be honest and come back on here and say that the last 2 games Cal has had some of the best strategy in a teams defensive game plans I have seen by any coach. His decision to play Sullinger straight up to stay out Ohio States shooters and to double down on Carolina's bigs because they do not shoot the ball well from the 3. I can't wait to see what he comes with now for UConn and Walker this Sat.

  • Replies 97
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Microwave society....

I will be honest and come back on here and say that the last 2 games Cal has had some of the best strategy in a teams defensive game plans I have seen by any coach. His decision to play Sullinger straight up to stay out Ohio States shooters and to double down on Carolina's bigs because they do not shoot the ball well from the 3. I can't wait to see what he comes with now for UConn and Walker this Sat.

 

I agree. Noone could honestly say that Cal has not coached a great NCAA tournament this year.

I agree. Noone could honestly say that Cal has not coached a great NCAA tournament this year.

 

I agree. This has been the most fun I have had watching UK the last two games I think since the 98 season.

this was John Calipari's game. This was his day. This is his tournament.

 

For his critics, like this one, who have said he knows as much about X's and O's as a Jersey Shore extra, Calipari has shut us up. For those who say he doesn't know a pick and roll from a buttered one, you must close your piehole, too

 

LINK

How about when he lost to Louisville in the C-USA finals with missed free throws. That was long before the Kansas loss and going in to the Final Four he said he wasn't worried about his teams free throw shooting, even though it had been horrible all year. You'd think the C-USA game that cost him a tourney birth years before would show just how crucial they can be.

 

Coach K said the same thing about Jason Williams before they lost to Indiana, yet Coach K remains a consistent choice for best X's & O's coach.

What about Coach K's inexplicable decision to intentionally miss a FT in a 2-point game that came within an inch of costing Duke a national title? Nobody talks about that because the shot missed, but what would have been said had it turned out different?

 

I guarantee Calipari would have been raked over the coals for something like that.

Cal is the only coach in America who consistently wins 30 games and has to have his abilities defended. His teams have played in 5 of the past 6 final 8's for crying out loud.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.