Kyrie Irving

GRC4LIFE

I know guys. But I think you always have to be a little worried to add a guy back in this late. Especially one that has only played in a little more than a handful of games for the team anyway. Could be good but I think it could go bad.

No worries here. You are talking about an unselfish point guard who made both of the Plumlees look good offensively. How can that be bad? Nolan goes back to his original position. How can that be bad? Singler will get more open looks because you have to respect KI offensively. How can that be bad? Seth Curry has to readjust and that's it. I'll take that. I could understand if he was a 2 guard or any other position, but bringing back your pure point guard who is likely the best player on your team plus your best player while he was out goes back to his regular position.....how can that be bad?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries here. You are talking about an unselfish point guard who made both of the Plumlees look good offensively. How can that be bad? Nolan goes back to his original position. How can that be bad? Singler will get more open looks because you have to respect KI offensively. How can that be bad? Seth Curry has to readjust and that's it. I'll take that. I could understand if he was a 2 guard or any other position, but bringing back your pure point guard who is likely the best player on your team plus your best player while he was out goes back to his regular position.....how can that be bad?

Smith's effectiveness is the main thing I would worry about. He really took off when Irving went down IMO. Maybe Irving coming back for 15-20 minutes a game helps Smith continue to grow, but I think there is a chance it doesn't. And PP you know that if UK, Morehead, & St. John's (cause of Lavs) can't win I'm for Duke out of the big contenders because I loathe Kansas and UNC, don't really like Thad Matta, and the other so-called contenders would surprise me if they won it. :thumb:

Smith's effectiveness is the main thing I would worry about. He really took off when Irving went down IMO. Maybe Irving coming back for 15-20 minutes a game helps Smith continue to grow, but I think there is a chance it doesn't. And PP you know that if UK, Morehead, & St. John's (cause of Lavs) can't win I'm for Duke out of the big contenders because I loathe Kansas and UNC, don't really like Thad Matta, and the other so-called contenders would surprise me if they won it. :thumb:

I know. You are asking logical questions without hate. That I do know. I am trying to reassure your fears so you can write Duke down on your bracket.:thumb:

Go check the stats, Nolan scored the ball just fine with Kyrie out there. Plus, Nolan and Kyle are both seniors capable of taking the ball out of his hands if needed and Coach K is smart enough to recognize if Kyrie can't play effectively. Nolan has been around long enough that he can handle this situation fine. I have absolutely no worries. It is proven they can play without him. Now you are bringing him back........:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

I know. You are asking logical questions without hate. That I do know. I am trying to reassure your fears so you can write Duke down on your bracket.:thumb:

Go check the stats, Nolan scored the ball just fine with Kyrie out there. Plus, Nolan and Kyle are both seniors capable of taking the ball out of his hands if needed and Coach K is smart enough to recognize if Kyrie can't play effectively. Nolan has been around long enough that he can handle this situation fine. I have absolutely no worries. It is proven they can play without him. Now you are bringing him back........:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

I'll say this PP, if any coach and team can bring in a player at this time and keep humming along it would have to be Coach K and Duke. :thumb:

I'm happy for the kid. He finally gets to show his wares on a big stage and seems to be all but over the injury.

I don't think this is like Derek Anderson at all as GT said. Big diff between a toe and knee injury. (2nd knee injury for DA)

The only thing I can think of in terms of an injured player back for the tourney is Scott May for Indiana in '75. Difference is Knight rushed May back on the court with a soft cast on his broken hand and it signaled desperation vs. UK IMO. He was more hinderance than help for that undefeated Hoosier squad.

I think K knows what he is doing and the kid will blend in just fine with the Dukies. Clearly puts them in the driver's seat IMO.

I thought when I watched him early that Irving was the best player in college basketball. He can dominate games without having to score a lot of points, but he also has the ability to pile up points if needed. If Irving plays and is effective then Duke becomes the best team in the the field IMO.