Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyrie Irving

Featured Replies

Coach K said he practiced full go today and there's a "good chance" he'll play sparingly in the games this weekend... :D

  • Replies 67
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very risky decision. Very surprised by it.

 

Won't change my bracket either way.

This situation is strangely similar to that with UK and DA back in 97'...

This situation is strangely similar to that with UK and DA back in 97'...

 

Not close because Coach K will let KI play and said all year that unless KI is 100% he won't even practice. Word is that he can't make the toe worse.

Very risky decision. Very surprised by it.

 

Won't change my bracket either way.

 

Mine either.:D:thumb:

Not close because Coach K will let KI play and said all year that unless KI is 100% he won't even practice. Word is that he can't make the toe worse.

 

It's extremely similar. You must not have been watching back then. DA got hurt, was considered out for the year, was healthy enough to play come tournament time. Both teams with a real shot at repeating as national champions. Only difference here is Pitino and Anderson were cautious and didn't want to risk DA's future.

Mine either.:D:thumb:

 

You probably won't believe me, but I'd say ours are pretty darn similar.

Anyone else think this is a bad idea all around? Irving is one of the best players in the country, but adding him in now could really hurt Duke's end of game chemistry. I'm sure everyone will get along, but I think it could be tough for them. Or it could make them nearly unbeatable. Either way I'm happy he can play now.

It's extremely similar. You must not have been watching back then. DA got hurt, was considered out for the year, was healthy enough to play come tournament time. Both teams with a real shot at repeating as national champions. Only difference here is Pitino and Anderson were cautious and didn't want to risk DA's future.

 

Quite a bit of difference between a knee injury and a toe injury...

  • Author
Anyone else think this is a bad idea all around? Irving is one of the best players in the country, but adding him in now could really hurt Duke's end of game chemistry. I'm sure everyone will get along, but I think it could be tough for them. Or it could make them nearly unbeatable. Either way I'm happy he can play now.

 

When you can add a top 3 player in the nation as an extra weapon going into the tournament I can't see how it can hurt you. They also got 2 senior All Americans to rely on in case the going gets tough. I feel with Irving's feel for the game and basketball IQ he'll fit right back in where they left off. Playing him in the first weekend of the tournament too also helps because most likely the first two games won't be a nail biter which will give him some game time to get back into the swing of things.

  • Author
It's extremely similar. You must not have been watching back then. DA got hurt, was considered out for the year, was healthy enough to play come tournament time. Both teams with a real shot at repeating as national champions. Only difference here is Pitino and Anderson were cautious and didn't want to risk DA's future.

 

They've been as cautious and you can get with KI"s injury.

When you can add a top 3 player in the nation as an extra weapon going into the tournament I can't see how it can hurt you. They also got 2 senior All Americans to rely on in case the going gets tough. I feel with Irving's feel for the game and basketball IQ he'll fit right back in where they left off. Playing him in the first weekend of the tournament too also helps because most likely the first two games won't be a nail biter which will give him some game time to get back into the swing of things.

 

I wouldn't say that....Depending on which UT team shows up, they can play with anyone.

Anyone else think this is a bad idea all around? Irving is one of the best players in the country, but adding him in now could really hurt Duke's end of game chemistry. I'm sure everyone will get along, but I think it could be tough for them. Or it could make them nearly unbeatable. Either way I'm happy he can play now.

 

Point guards who make everyone around them better don't hurt team chemistry.

  • Author
I wouldn't say that....Depending on which UT team shows up, they can play with anyone.

 

Didn't say it wouldn't be a good game. Just if Duke plays the way they are capable of, it shouldn't be a nail biter.

When you can add a top 3 player in the nation as an extra weapon going into the tournament I can't see how it can hurt you. They also got 2 senior All Americans to rely on in case the going gets tough. I feel with Irving's feel for the game and basketball IQ he'll fit right back in where they left off. Playing him in the first weekend of the tournament too also helps because most likely the first two games won't be a nail biter which will give him some game time to get back into the swing of things.

 

Point guards who make everyone around them better don't hurt team chemistry.

 

I know guys. But I think you always have to be a little worried to add a guy back in this late. Especially one that has only played in a little more than a handful of games for the team anyway. Could be good but I think it could go bad.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.