March 18, 201115 yr http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/tournament/2011/news/story?id=6228346 My bad. He's 95%. He's a good ball player and he is unselfish. His words....I trust K and KI to make the right decisions concerning the team and KI.
March 18, 201115 yr That is sort of my hesitation with it all. In Michigan State's title run back in '00, if you remember Mateen Cleaves was hurt at the start of the season. Even once he returned it took the Spartans a few games to regain the swagger which ultimately took them to the promised land. What makes this situation a little different is that Irving does have some rapport with this year's team since he started the season on the court and we are talking arguably the best player in college basketball. Cleaves was good, but not this caliber. Had he only played one or two games I would argue this would negatively impact the team. Jameer Nelson, anyone? I respect the comparisons but those guys didn't have the ACC POY on their teams to take over when they faltered. KI won't be forced on anything if for whatever reason it doesn't work. St. Joes needed Nelson and MSU needed Cleaves. This is a different situation, IMO. Plus he gets his feet wet against teams they would beat without KI and then more practice with the team. Call me nuts but I expect a seamless transition.
March 18, 201115 yr Author Okay, so the first post seems to be somewhat misleading...On the SVP show, they played the clip of Coach K talking about Irving. He said, "Kyrie practiced a little with us today. There is a chance that he could play, but that's a decision that won't be made for a couple more days." Wasn't misleading. EVERYONE knew he was going to play. And boy, he didn't disappoint today. In 20 minutes he put up 14 points. All he needs to worry about is getting into game shape. The skills are there... Didn't seem to hurt anybody today but it was Hampton...
March 19, 201115 yr Wasn't misleading. EVERYONE knew he was going to play. And boy, he didn't disappoint today. In 20 minutes he put up 14 points. All he needs to worry about is getting into game shape. The skills are there... Didn't seem to hurt anybody today but it was Hampton... The last 5 minutes of the game had me pumped up :lol: Flashes of early season Irving.
March 19, 201115 yr ^ Hey dude, you're the one who said, he "could" be a "decent" ball player....I was just hoping you might be somewhat on point.....Maybe he can get there.
March 19, 201115 yr Does he go pro? I would think, without question, he'll go.....and that will upset me greatly.
March 19, 201115 yr ^ Hey dude, you're the one who said, he "could" be a "decent" ball player....I was just hoping you might be somewhat on point.....Maybe he can get there. Had that one nailed...
March 19, 201115 yr I would think, without question, he'll go.....and that will upset me greatly. If it helps, Rivers is better...
March 19, 201115 yr I would think, without question, he'll go.....and that will upset me greatly. I'll be sure to pass you a tissue or two. :cry:
March 19, 201115 yr I would think, without question, he'll go.....and that will upset me greatly. How many one-and-done's has K had?
March 19, 201115 yr Author How many one-and-done's has K had? The last one was Luol Deng in 04. Not sure who the most recent one would be prior to that.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.