Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is T. Jones a top 5 NBA Pick?

Featured Replies

After watching the UK/Vandy game I can not see how he is projected so high. The kid looks lazy, lackluster, no skills to the right side, confused. All he has is size. NO WAY HE IS one of the top 5 to 10 players in college or overseas. At the end Knight was on the foul line barking instructions and being a true leader and seemed like he was telling T. Jones what to do.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see it. Not athletic enough and he's not THAT big.

 

I can see it a few years from now once he's had time to round out his game though.

Based on potential... I'm going to say yes. Since that's all NBA GM's base their picks on anyways, I'd say it's likely he goes in the top 5-7.

Seems like the draft class this year is going to be really weak, which definitely helps players like Jones. I made a similar comment last night that he is totally not ready for the league. He really doesn't have a whole lot of offensive game other than the is bigger than the majority of his opponents guarding him. He does rebound hard though.

Not a chance. He is flat out not that good, potential or not. If he is this is one of the worst drafts in a long time. But he should go. :D

  • Author

Well if he is that good then he should dominate a game like some did last year on UKs team. And he isnt.

Yes, he will be a top 10 pick if he declares for the draft this year.

This year, I say top 10'ish. Any other year, I'd say no.

I would say yes. I do not think he is one of the top 10 players in the NCAA, but that has nothing to do with the NBA Draft or NBA success. On potential he is a top 5 pick. He has the size and athleticism to play in the NBA. He is about the size of Patterson and plays much higher above the rim than Patterson ever did in college. I will be shocked if Jones is in Kentucky Blue next year or if he is not a top 5 pick in the Draft.

Not top 5, but will be a lottery pick on potential alone.

The NBA drafts on potential....Top 5-10 pick easily.

 

:thumb:

 

It's not his size alone. It is the combination of size and versatility. For a 6'8 guy, he has good range and can handle the ball well. And, as far as potential goes, consider how good the guy is right now as a college freshmen with all the flaws people have pointed out in his game.

 

NBA teams are going to draft him looking ahead to what he will be when he learns to go right, when he matures, and when he improves other aspects of his game. His potential is higher than most of the potential upcoming draftees.

 

It seems like UK fans often lose sight of two things when analyzing a player's draft potential.

 

1. The NBA drafts primarily based on potential.

2. The probable draft class. What great players will be entering the draft to drive Jones down the board?

 

I'd love to see him return for another year, and he undoubtedly could use another year to mature and improve and ready himself for the NBA. But, realistically, he isn't going to drastically improve his draft position.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.