Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is T. Jones a top 5 NBA Pick?

Featured Replies

No. Not last year. First round though.

  • Replies 68
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't see it. Not athletic enough and he's not THAT big.

 

I can see it a few years from now once he's had time to round out his game though.

 

Unfortunately today's draft is all about potential. People that stay in college 3 or 4 years are rarely rewarded anymore when compared to the 18 19 year olds.

No way... He's too lazy.

 

Too lazy to bother dribbling...ever. Just moves his feet.

6-8 range right now. But stocks go up and down quite a bit between now and the draft.

The NBA drafts on potential....Top 5-10 pick easily.

 

You are correct but he is not tough enough for the NBA and has no moves on the right side of the basket needs a ton of work on that alone.

I can't remember who it was but one of the NBA "experts" said he could go #1 depending on who gets the pick.

He's not top 25 IMO. I don't see a whole lot of potential.

  • Author

If drafted in top 10 he will end up in developmental league. Then overseas.

I can't remember who it was but one of the NBA "experts" said he could go #1 depending on who gets the pick.

 

I would not doubt it. There are no sure fire NBA stars in this draft outside of Irving from Duke IMO. Patterson was a lottery pick and Jones is a MUCH better pro prospect than Patterson was. He is about the same height with more athleticism and more upside due to his age and skill sets. He does not posses the blue collar attitude of Patterson, but few players do IMO.

6-8 range right now. But stocks go up and down quite a bit between now and the draft.

 

Agreed.

Those of you who are claiming he's not a 1st rounder either are looking at it through UK bias hoping he comes back for another season or don't know the NBA game. No chance he's not a lottery pick at worst. More likely top 5-10.

I would say yes. I do not think he is one of the top 10 players in the NCAA, but that has nothing to do with the NBA Draft or NBA success. On potential he is a top 5 pick. He has the size and athleticism to play in the NBA. He is about the size of Patterson and plays much higher above the rim than Patterson ever did in college. I will be shocked if Jones is in Kentucky Blue next year or if he is not a top 5 pick in the Draft.

 

I don't think he plays above the rim at all. How often does he dunk? He scores on short jumpers and finger rolls off the glass. Nobody on this team plays above the rim.

I don't see it. Not athletic enough and he's not THAT big.

 

I can see it a few years from now once he's had time to round out his game though.

 

Let me clarify this. I don't think he SHOULD be a top 5 pick. I think if he declares this year he WILL be a top 10 pick.

He is a lottery pick but probably just outside of the top 5. If he gets with the right people he could turn into a pretty solid pro. He has a few holes in his game that he really needs to work on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.