BYU Center Davies dimissed from team

Zoot Soup

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For an Honor Code violation. Not sure what that means, but I'm sure it's something the school takes pretty seriously. Maybe drank caffeine?

My thinking as well. BYU is strict beyond belief. They kicked a girl out of school for being on The Real World and cohabiting with men yet the whole time she was there she stayed true to her religious beliefs and practices. I even remember discussing the honor code at BYU and how serious they took it there. You are expected to tell on students breaking the honor code.

I wouldn't be surprised if his violation isn't even a meeting with the coach at other schools. You do know what you sign up for when you go to BYU. But I would love to know what he did.

My thinking as well. BYU is strict beyond belief. They kicked a girl out of school for being on The Real World and cohabiting with men yet the whole time she was there she stayed true to her religious beliefs and practices. I even remember discussing the honor code at BYU and how serious they took it there. You are expected to tell on students breaking the honor code.

I remember that.

Did I read right that this kid is the third leading scorer and leading rebounder on the team?

I wouldn't be surprised if his violation isn't even a meeting with the coach at other schools. You do know what you sign up for when you go to BYU. But I would love to know what he did.

Google BYU message board. Speculation abounds. By State U. standards, it ranges from the average to the hourly occurances. :lol:

He got his girlfriend pregnant...

That's not possible GT, they're not allowed to have sex outside of marriage, let alone get a girl pregnant.....:D

BTW are they not allowed to use contraceptives as well? Was one sin not as bad as the other? Perhaps doing two instead of just one may have kept him on the team, although not honorably of course.

How do they know it wasn't immaculate conception? They should let him play pending the results of the paternity test.

WOWWWW, I couldn't even imagine the uproar that would cause if it wasn't his kid. Regardless though unless he's denying having had sexual relations with her at all then it really wouldn't matter.

He got his girlfriend pregnant...

This came about after a football player form Iowa St tweeted that his girlfriend goes to ASU where she plays vball and she is pregnant. The school says it does not involve any student from another school.

Yeah it seems like a good idea to turn your back on a great kid as soon as he makes a mistake...

I go back and forth on this. He knew what he was getting himself into when he went to BYU. I'm positive he signed Moral Code paperwork.