March 3, 201115 yr Is the girlfriend indeed pregnant? Or is it just the case that he admitted to having sex with his girlfriend?
March 3, 201115 yr Is the girlfriend indeed pregnant? Or is it just the case that he admitted to having sex with his girlfriend? Doesn't matter. Having sex out of wedlock is a violation of the of the Honor Code. The BYU Honor Code Statement We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. . . . If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things (Thirteenth Article of Faith). As a matter of personal commitment, faculty, administration, staff, and students of Brigham Young University, Brigham Young University—Hawaii, Brigham Young University—Idaho, and LDS Business College seek to demonstrate in daily living on and off campus those moral virtues encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and will Be honest Live a chaste and virtuous life Obey the law and all campus policies Use clean language Respect others Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse Participate regularly in church services Observe the Dress and Grooming Standards Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code Specific policies embodied in the Honor Code include (1) the Academic Honesty Policy, (2) the Dress and Grooming Standards, (3) the Residential Living Standards, and (4) the Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement. (Refer to institutional policies for more detailed information.) http://saas.byu.edu/catalog/2010-2011ucat/GeneralInfo/HonorCode.php
March 3, 201115 yr Whoever it is that dismissed the player from the team also broke the honor code. They just screwed the basketball team.
March 3, 201115 yr Doesn't matter. Having sex out of wedlock is a violation of the of the Honor Code. The BYU Honor Code Statement We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. . . . If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things (Thirteenth Article of Faith). As a matter of personal commitment, faculty, administration, staff, and students of Brigham Young University, Brigham Young University—Hawaii, Brigham Young University—Idaho, and LDS Business College seek to demonstrate in daily living on and off campus those moral virtues encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and will Be honest Live a chaste and virtuous life Obey the law and all campus policies Use clean language Respect others Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse Participate regularly in church services Observe the Dress and Grooming Standards Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code Specific policies embodied in the Honor Code include (1) the Academic Honesty Policy, (2) the Dress and Grooming Standards, (3) the Residential Living Standards, and (4) the Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement. (Refer to institutional policies for more detailed information.) http://saas.byu.edu/catalog/2010-2011ucat/GeneralInfo/HonorCode.php I should have eluded in my earlier post but I do understand that it doesn't matter either way but I was just curious on the nitty gritty was all.
March 3, 201115 yr What's his situation looking like regarding transfer status? If he goes somewhere else this year, how long does he have to sit out before he can play? BTW, put me in the camp that finds this whole situation beyond ridiculous. I understand BYU sticking to their guns and all that, but still. C'mon Mannnn. Good luck recruiting.
March 3, 201115 yr I'm in the camp where I think the right thing happened here. Davies willingly signed up for this level of religous idiocy so I think he is getting exactly what he signed up for. I also think this is probably a good thing for him.
March 3, 201115 yr What's his situation looking like regarding transfer status? If he goes somewhere else this year, how long does he have to sit out before he can play? BTW, put me in the camp that finds this whole situation beyond ridiculous. I understand BYU sticking to their guns and all that, but still. C'mon Mannnn. Good luck recruiting. They have been recruiting for years with this code.
March 3, 201115 yr He'll be a nice pickup for wherever he transfers. Was my thinking exactly . Will everyone question the morals of the University that he transfers to ?:sssh:
March 3, 201115 yr Moral of the story: Don't go to religious-based colleges and plan to be anything but a Boy Scout's Boy Scout.
March 3, 201115 yr He signed papers stating that he would follow those set of rules, he broke the contract. If the kid had cheated on papers/tests would you feel that BYU's actions were appropriate then? Cheating on a test or paper is MUCH, MUCH different than having sex with a long-term girlfriend...
March 3, 201115 yr Care to revisit??? I've been away. Last I heard after my post is that he admitted to having sexual relations. Is it official that someone is pregnant?
March 3, 201115 yr I don't think I would last an hour... From what I understand, that's not a violation of the BYU moral code.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.