BYU Center Davies dimissed from team

Zoot Soup

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the girlfriend indeed pregnant? Or is it just the case that he admitted to having sex with his girlfriend?

Doesn't matter. Having sex out of wedlock is a violation of the of the Honor Code.

The BYU Honor Code Statement

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. . . . If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things (Thirteenth Article of Faith).

As a matter of personal commitment, faculty, administration, staff, and students of Brigham Young University, Brigham Young University—Hawaii, Brigham Young University—Idaho, and LDS Business College seek to demonstrate in daily living on and off campus those moral virtues encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and will

Be honest

Live a chaste and virtuous life

Obey the law and all campus policies

Use clean language

Respect others

Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse

Participate regularly in church services

Observe the Dress and Grooming Standards

Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code

Specific policies embodied in the Honor Code include (1) the Academic Honesty Policy, (2) the Dress and Grooming Standards, (3) the Residential Living Standards, and (4) the Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement. (Refer to institutional policies for more detailed information.)

http://saas.byu.edu/catalog/2010-2011ucat/GeneralInfo/HonorCode.php

Doesn't matter. Having sex out of wedlock is a violation of the of the Honor Code.

The BYU Honor Code Statement

We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men. . . . If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things (Thirteenth Article of Faith).

As a matter of personal commitment, faculty, administration, staff, and students of Brigham Young University, Brigham Young University—Hawaii, Brigham Young University—Idaho, and LDS Business College seek to demonstrate in daily living on and off campus those moral virtues encompassed in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and will

Be honest

Live a chaste and virtuous life

Obey the law and all campus policies

Use clean language

Respect others

Abstain from alcoholic beverages, tobacco, tea, coffee, and substance abuse

Participate regularly in church services

Observe the Dress and Grooming Standards

Encourage others in their commitment to comply with the Honor Code

Specific policies embodied in the Honor Code include (1) the Academic Honesty Policy, (2) the Dress and Grooming Standards, (3) the Residential Living Standards, and (4) the Continuing Student Ecclesiastical Endorsement. (Refer to institutional policies for more detailed information.)

http://saas.byu.edu/catalog/2010-2011ucat/GeneralInfo/HonorCode.php

I should have eluded in my earlier post but I do understand that it doesn't matter either way but I was just curious on the nitty gritty was all.

What's his situation looking like regarding transfer status? If he goes somewhere else this year, how long does he have to sit out before he can play?

BTW, put me in the camp that finds this whole situation beyond ridiculous. I understand BYU sticking to their guns and all that, but still. C'mon Mannnn. Good luck recruiting.

What's his situation looking like regarding transfer status? If he goes somewhere else this year, how long does he have to sit out before he can play?

BTW, put me in the camp that finds this whole situation beyond ridiculous. I understand BYU sticking to their guns and all that, but still. C'mon Mannnn. Good luck recruiting.

They have been recruiting for years with this code.

He signed papers stating that he would follow those set of rules, he broke the contract. If the kid had cheated on papers/tests would you feel that BYU's actions were appropriate then?

Cheating on a test or paper is MUCH, MUCH different than having sex with a long-term girlfriend...