Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BYU Center Davies dimissed from team

Featured Replies

From what I understand, that's not a violation of the BYU moral code. :D

:lol: Well played. :thumb:

  • Replies 74
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
From what I understand, that's not a violation of the BYU moral code. :D
:laugh::laugh:

 

Very nice editing.

They have been recruiting for years with this code.

 

But how often has a kid been kicked off the team for something like this? It may happen more often than I'm aware of, but I've never heard of it until this. I just feel like it will make recruits think twice about BYU.

How come according to the code you can drink Pepsi but not coffee? So would they kick Jimmer off the team for having a Starbucks or a Mountain Dew?

But how often has a kid been kicked off the team for something like this? It may happen more often than I'm aware of, but I've never heard of it until this. I just feel like it will make recruits think twice about BYU.

 

I understand that, but I'm sure that all of their recruits know well in advance what they are signing on for. My former boss played football there with Detmer and he said it is no joke.

Now you know why BYU has 6 married guys on their team.

Now you know why BYU has 6 married guys on their team.

 

:laugh::laugh: Nice

How come according to the code you can drink Pepsi but not coffee? So would they kick Jimmer off the team for having a Starbucks or a Mountain Dew?
In all honesty I have no idea. I always thought that Mormons refrained from any caffeinated beverages. Maybe the code is old enough that Pepsi and Mountain Dew weren't really big things back then. I would be interested to know the answer to this question.

 

It is my understanding that a player would be kicked off the team for ANY honor code violation. So yes, a cup of coffee would be enough to do it.

I think the honor code is way too strict. Davies grew up in Provo so it's not like he didn't know exactly what the honor code is before he went there. Obviously he thought he would abide by it or he would have gone elsewhere. I feel bad for the kid but he admitted his mistake and turned himself in. The school owes it to its honor code to dismiss him from the team and likely school and I understand why they have to do it regardless of how I feel about it.

But how often has a kid been kicked off the team for something like this? It may happen more often than I'm aware of, but I've never heard of it until this. I just feel like it will make recruits think twice about BYU.

 

Some may be more discreet. Who knows? I am sure he isn't the first to have sex. I am sure he isn't the first to have sex and get caught and get kicked off the team/out of school. BYU will always get recruits to come to their school to play by their rules. It's not like they have top 25 recruiting classes either.

Edited by PurplePride92

Now you know why BYU has 6 married guys on their team.

 

Jimmer's girl is a looker. I wonder how the honor code is going?

After being in this discussion now for a couple of days, I just called and talked to my former boss that went there. My first statment was..."4 Years man???" And his immediate response was, "I was kicked off after 2 years". Lol. All joking aside though he said he knew what he was getting into, but that he loved the area and really wanted to go to school there. He had some great stories about his position coach...none other than Claude Bassett. I've been laughing for 30 minutes.

^ People break rules all the time and get a 2nd chance.

 

I agree, but at a school like BYU things are different and he knew that going in. I am sure that other BYU athletes have broken rules but this guy was just going to have a hard time hiding his girlfriend being pregnant for obvious reasons.

I agree, but at a school like BYU things are different and he knew that going in. I am sure that other BYU athletes have broken rules but this guy was just going to have a hard time hiding his girlfriend being pregnant for obvious reasons.

 

So she is 100% for sure pregnant?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.