Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

More on NKU to D 1 and the Horizon League

Featured Replies

He's talking about the Huron consultants they brought in.

 

Either way tuition I'm sure will still raise for the upcoming year. It won't be because of the move to D-1, but I'm sure many will blame it on that.

It seems to me quite interesting that they have "millions" in savings. Where did this come from? And you are absolutely right that no matter how much they say the money is not coming from tuition increases people aren't going to believe them. I think it could turn into a PR nightmare. I could easily be wrong, so we will see.

  • Replies 74
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm usually pretty on the ball when it comes to news about NKU, but I haven't seen this announcement anywhere?

 

However, here's a link to show how dominate NKU is in the GLVC, winning the All-Sports trophy for the fourth year in a row.

 

http://www2.nkunorse.com/news/2011/5/16/GEN_0516114142.aspx

 

I don't think it has been announced. But OVC season after next. You read it here 1st

I don't think it has been announced. But OVC season after next. You read it here 1st

 

Oh okay...I didnt' know if you were making a prediction or stating a fact.

 

But one thing I did hear about the process, once NKU announces they are putting in the appliation to go to Division 1, and it gets accepted. They will have to stay in Division II for the upcoming 2011-2012 Academic year, followed by three years of probationary status at Division 1. So it will be able awhile for them to play in either conference if it happens.

I don't think it has been announced. But OVC season after next. You read it here 1st
That would give the OVC 13 teams, at least at the moment, because Belmont just joined for the 2012-13 season. There is a possibility that either Tennessee State or Jacksonville State could be on the move for primarily football reasons, but that is just speculation at this point.
Oh okay...I didnt' know if you were making a prediction or stating a fact.

 

But one thing I did hear about the process, once NKU announces they are putting in the appliation to go to Division 1, and it gets accepted. They will have to stay in Division II for the upcoming 2011-2012 Academic year, followed by three years of probationary status at Division 1. So it will be able awhile for them to play in either conference if it happens.

 

Don't know a hole lot about the process. I think they can play an OVC schedule, just not count in league standings or play in the tourney. They will be in D-II this coming season.

Don't know a hole lot about the process. I think they can play an OVC schedule, just not count in league standings or play in the tourney. They will be in D-II this coming season.
You're right. During their probationary period, SIU-Edwardsville is playing the OVC teams fairly regularly to give them Division I games, although the games don't count in the league standings.
Don't know a hole lot about the process. I think they can play an OVC schedule, just not count in league standings or play in the tourney. They will be in D-II this coming season.

 

True...I guess I didn't clarify. We are on the same page!

There is a possibility that either Tennessee State or Jacksonville State could be on the move for primarily football reasons, but that is just speculation at this point.

 

Is there some speculation that Tennessee State could move into an HBCU conference like the SWAC or MEAC?

NKU has a job posting for an assistant director of compliance and the requirement is D1 compliance experience.

It seems this is a lot about trustees and certain boosters ego rather than what the athletic department wants and would be good for the school.

It seems this is a lot about trustees and certain boosters ego rather than what the athletic department wants and would be good for the school.

 

Care to elaborate?

To take a contrarian position, might the move to DI actually hurt recruiting. NKY feasts on disenchanted DI players who desire a transfer but do not want to sit out a year. The Norse currently have 8 transfer players on the roster.

 

That is a very valid point. I don't really see NKU beating out Dayton or Miami of Ohio for players in the southern Ohio area, and without the D1 transfers that now make up their roster right now, they would be a below average D2 team.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.