Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC 58 Georgetown 46

Featured Replies

Say what you want about UC and their schedule but this team flat out gets after it on D. I got bashed earlier in the year when I said UC would win no less than 9 BEast games. Sitting pretty at 9-6 right now and should be 10-5 if not for the breakdown against St Johns.

 

Bearcats are getting hot at the right time. Have to continue to play with the same intensity though over these final 3 games. Playing for a seed now.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How about this stat. Austin Freeman was the only Hoya to make more than ONE shot in the game. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of that before...

 

Outstanding defensive effort tonight by the Bearcats. I must say that this team is peaking at the right time. Welcome back to the Dance.

Kentucky would not be 9-6 in big east right now. Very surprised with UC's play so far.

Say what you want about UC and their schedule but this team flat out gets after it on D. I got bashed earlier in the year when I said UC would win no less than 9 BEast games. Sitting pretty at 9-6 right now and should be 10-5 if not for the breakdown against St Johns.

 

Bearcats are getting hot at the right time. Have to continue to play with the same intensity though over these final 3 games. Playing for a seed now.

 

That is the key. It seems like they relaxed for the St. John's game.

That is the key. It seems like they relaxed for the St. John's game.

 

I agree...IMO though, the success has been because of the elevated play of Cashmere Wright. He has become the leader of this team and guys like Yancy and Dion Dixon are really feeding off his play.

 

Can't wait to head over to the Shoe Sunday to see UC against UConn.

Congrats Bearcats and Bearcats fans. Definitely proved me wrong.

They are in now...nice win UC.

It feels like I'm watching a Huggins-coached Bearcat team the way they are playing defense; if they can maintain just a little bit of consistency on offense, they can beat anyone in the Big East.

Last night was actually from the Pitino handbook on D. Full court pressure back in to an extended 2-3 zone that frustrated the Hoyas to no end. Something that they have not only kept in their back pocket all season, but a scheme they have hardly used at all under Cronin...

Last night was actually from the Pitino handbook on D. Full court pressure back in to an extended 2-3 zone that frustrated the Hoyas to no end. Something that they have not only kept in their back pocket all season, but a scheme they have hardly used at all under Cronin...

 

Whatever they're doing, they need to keep it up. Those boys have been nasty defensively.

Great game and great job not letting up like they did against Providence. They're learning more and more how to win games. I look for them to stay hot and make a run in the tourny. And on the comment of UK not being 9-6 in the Big East. UK wouldn't be .500 in the Big East. SEC basketball is like Big East football. A JOKE

Let's assume UC beats Marquette on the road, and sweeps G'town with a home win to end the regular season.

 

That puts them at 24-6, not including the result of the UConn game this Sunday.

 

They win 1 game in the BEast tourney and lose one to put them at worst, 25-8.

 

Would it be safe to assume UC could get as high as a 5 or 6 seed? 11-7 regular season in the BEast and 12-8 overall is pretty darn good, IMO.

I really can see UC winning out and making a deep run in the Big East Tourney; last year they did well in NYC!

Let's assume UC beats Marquette on the road, and sweeps G'town with a home win to end the regular season.

 

That puts them at 24-6, not including the result of the UConn game this Sunday.

 

They win 1 game in the BEast tourney and lose one to put them at worst, 25-8.

 

Would it be safe to assume UC could get as high as a 5 or 6 seed? 11-7 regular season in the BEast and 12-8 overall is pretty darn good, IMO.

 

I think so; if they sweep the Hoyas and beat Marquette and Uconn, I could definitely see a possible 5 seed even with losing the first game in the conference tournament.

 

With that in mind, I'm not so sure if I'd want a 5 seed or not. The 5/12 seed games in the tournament are notorius for being tough and it's been pretty common for 12 seeds to win.

I was listening to WLW tonight and Lance was bemoaning the lack of positive calls regarding UC and wondering why that was.

 

I've said this before. I think that the public perception of Mick is not favorable. I'm not talking about as a coach. I'm talking about his personna, his image, the vibe he puts off. Hard to explain but I've heard it from others including UC people. My guess is there are UC fans who want them to do well but they're not happy with Mick. As one caller said tonight, Mick is the fat girl that you end up with when the 2 hot girls (Huggs and AK) turn you down. OUCH!

 

With that if he's the one that comes up with the defensive schemes hats off to him.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.