George Rogers Clark 73 Mason County 60

MNCM

Just curious when was the last time Mason County lost back to back games to 10th Region teams? I know it's been quite some time. Very impressive run.

Good question. Alot of talk from Mason Co posters...saying wait till March. They forget that GRC and Montgomery has to be in opposite brackets because they are from the same district.

GRC and Montgomery Co both have beaten Mason Co..on their home floor.. and one of these teams will have to be in thier bracket.

Also congrats to GRC's JV for winning tonight too. GRC's JV has only lost like 3 or 4 games this year against some very stong teams in the state. They beat Lexington Catholic JV last week.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mason County lost to Scott County at home by 12 in 2008, also to Bryan Station that year by 9 on senior night. We know how that season ended.

Article in the Maysville paper says that this year will be the first time in a little over 20 years that Mason County will not have a winning record at home in the regular season. It will take wins in their last two home games just to get to 5-5.

Seemingly all 10 of their losses have been one possession games at one point in the 4th quarter. I believe the Catholic game and the Cincinnati Princeton were out of hand by the time the 4th started. They don't have the most talent, but the kids play with heart, anyone still want to question the head coach at this point?

This is a 12-10 team and likely could be 12-12 with their next two games at Ashland tonight and at Cov Cath. Gilbert suffered a concussion and I can't imagine him returning for a week or two, no reason to rush him. Have him ready for the regional tournament is all that matters now.

WOW! Setty best in the Region? Mason not out of it yet? Mason has a very good coach who gets the most out of his team. Setty is lazy on defense and he was not able to single handedly beat GRC so his skills are above average, but at 6'9" in a high school game you would hope he could score, Pawsett may play in the regional game but he will not be in end of the season shape so he will probably be a non-factor. Give it up Royals, GRC is the team to beat and they beat you by 13 at home ! I'll give it to you guys though, I love your optimism!

Mason does have a good coach, which in the end could make all the difference. Coach Humphrey will get this GRC team beat in the post season, just like last year. Yea, an injured Pawsat was a non factor last year, right? Give O'Hearn the quality talent that Humphrey has and he would hang another state banner.

Just part of basketball Goldie.:rolleyes:

Totally agree, high school kids are immature. If the GRC pep section was behind the Mason bench, the same thing would happen. A few years ago, at Clark, Russ Middleton was hit in the head with something thrown from the student section, while shooting a foul shot. Kids will do these stupid things. It was way worse back in the 80's, when certain schools absolutely hated each other.

^Oh gold sunrise I do believe we have justification that there are student sections that are just as bad as your complaints on Mason County. By the way summoroyal, I had a good view of Zollo and the towel incident and I thought it went hand and hand with his play on the court last night, pretty bad.

Totally agree, high school kids are immature. If the GRC pep section was behind the Mason bench, the same thing would happen. A few years ago, at Clark, Russ Middleton was hit in the head with something thrown from the student section, while shooting a foul shot. Kids will do these stupid things. It was way worse back in the 80's, when certain schools absolutely hated each other.

Again Mason posters are avoiding the fact that their student section should never have been placed there. Also Mason's fan section should have been on the other side. Total lack of management by the Mason/tourney administration. . The regional tourney is for ALL teams and should be conducted as such.

Again Mason posters are avoiding the fact that their student section should never have been placed there. Also Mason's fan section should have been on the other side. Total lack of management by the Mason/tourney administration. . The regional tourney is for ALL teams and should be conducted as such.

Move on with this subject as its a year in the past and you can't get back the past. Your student section got called out for acting immature and yet you can't respond to that but you can call out Mason County students and their conduct? There are those that are less than angels everywhere including GRC. Again your school representatives need to bring the discussion of student sections up at the region drawings for a discussion and vote. This has never happened so obviously it is of less than importance.

I was really disappointed in Clarks play last night. They looked like they not playing together at all. Rogers was great and most of the other players had a good second half, except Zollo. Mason out hustled them big time for loose balls and rebounds. Setty had a good game when he took it to the rim but he shot them out of the game in the last quarter. A one man show that isn't scoring. Mason did there scoring driving to the hole and they went away from that down the stretch.

Move on with this subject as its a year in the past and you can't get back the past. Your student section got called out for acting immature and yet you can't respond to that but you can call out Mason County students and their conduct? There are those that are less than angels everywhere including GRC. Again your school representatives need to bring the discussion of student sections up at the region drawings for a discussion and vote. This has never happened so obviously it is of less than importance.

I don't condone any mistreatment of players, I don't care which team it is. You don't seem to see things the same way.As far as the incident you mention, this is the first time it has been brought up...hummm. It was terrible what our players and coaches had to go through during all things...a regional tourney final game. There is absolute no way players and coaches should be spit on. As far as the discussion of it being brought up, you bet it will, again this should not even be a factor if Mason ran things for ALL teams, players and fans. I am sure at these meeting there are far more important things to discuss than to ensure that the Mason Co adm/tourney sponsors are running a tourney to is fair to all team and fans.

Edited by gold sunrise

I was really disappointed in Clarks play last night. They looked like they not playing together at all. Rogers was great and most of the other players had a good second half, except Zollo. Mason out hustled them big time for loose balls and rebounds. Setty had a good game when he took it to the rim but he shot them out of the game in the last quarter. A one man show that isn't scoring. Mason did there scoring driving to the hole and they went away from that down the stretch.

GRC did not play like I have seen them play in other games. Zollo had the worst game I have seen him play. Rogers, they had no answer for. Robbie Stenzel didn't even take a shot in the first quarter to my knowledge. GRC has the talent, we just need to get that killer instinct and put teams away when we have them on the ropes. If I remember correctly GRC had a 16 point lead at one point.

Edited by gold sunrise

Good question. Alot of talk from Mason Co posters...saying wait till March. They forget that GRC and Montgomery has to be in opposite brackets because they are from the same district.

GRC and Montgomery Co both have beaten Mason Co..on their home floor.. and one of these teams will have to be in thier bracket.

Also congrats to GRC's JV for winning tonight too. GRC's JV has only lost like 3 or 4 games this year against some very stong teams in the state. They beat Lexington Catholic JV last week.

Mont Co won't beat Mason Co again, you can mark that down. Setty was sick and we lose on a crazy call. Pawsat will be back soon enough. Clark may be another story.