George Rogers Clark 73 Mason County 60

MNCM

And you have too. Time to move along now... Nothing more to discuss. A regular season game over 100 posts. GRC went on the road against Mason Co. and pulled out a 10+ point win while not playing very well. Mason Co is injured, bla bla bla, they'll be ready for March and so will GRC (if it even happens). Until March, there really isn't much more to discuss. Hopefully it will be a well thought out and planned 10th Region tournament and enjoyed by all involved.

That's good.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jonathan,I was going to put that same quote,but wasn't sure how to spell exaggerated.lol

About all the qoutes on here that said Mason Co was bad and didn't have a chance were written by their own people. Go back and check them out.

WOW! Setty best in the Region? Mason not out of it yet? Mason has a very good coach who gets the most out of his team. Setty is lazy on defense and he was not able to single handedly beat GRC so his skills are above average, but at 6'9" in a high school game you would hope he could score, Pawsett may play in the regional game but he will not be in end of the season shape so he will probably be a non-factor. Give it up Royals, GRC is the team to beat and they beat you by 13 at home ! I'll give it to you guys though, I love your optimism![/quoteI have a hand full of your quotes stuffed back from last season.All sound exactly like this one.You have a right to be confident.As you were last season.But that didn't turn out to well for ya,now did it?Don't be surprised if it ends the same way this season.Imagine if it does,Wow

WOW! Setty best in the Region? Mason not out of it yet? Mason has a very good coach who gets the most out of his team. Setty is lazy on defense and he was not able to single handedly beat GRC so his skills are above average, but at 6'9" in a high school game you would hope he could score, Pawsett may play in the regional game but he will not be in end of the season shape so he will probably be a non-factor. Give it up Royals, GRC is the team to beat and they beat you by 13 at home ! I'll give it to you guys though, I love your optimism![/quoteI have a hand full of your quotes stuffed back from last season.All sound exactly like this one.You have a right to be confident.As you were last season.But that didn't turn out to well for ya,now did it?Don't be surprised if it ends the same way this season.Imagine if it does,Wow

If it does , it does, life goes on.

We all expected all these excuses but you still had all your refs.

OBD, you need to read my posts a little closer. No excuses at all; at least, not from me. You play the cards you're dealt. Clark County won the game and deserves to be congratulated. Especially facing that Mason County home-court advantage (they're now 3-5 this season at The Fieldhouse) and my refs (11 to 25 free throws). The Cardinals are still the favorites in the 10th come March, and deservedly so. What I said is that there could be a difference in a few weeks. Could. Nothing more, nothing less.

And I'm not at all surprised that many of the Royals faithful are hanging their hats on a game that went deep into the 4th quarter before being decided. I'm also not surprised that the Clark County faithful are saying that they're very happy with a not-so-good performance translating into a double-digit win. Both sides are going to look for the silver lining.

Good luck to both squads the rest of the way.:thumb:

I will add this. If The Fieldhouse was even 3/4 full, that means 4,000 in attendance for a regular-season game; with one of the teams traveling an hour and a half over 2-lane roads. Three pages of posts. Nothing at all wrong with a healthy rivalry.

And here I thought that the only Kentucky regular-season sporting event that could get this much attention on BGP was Highlands playing anybody in football.:D

Seems like to me that the rumors of Mason County's death has been greatly exaggerated by many posters on here.

Well here is a couple of posts that you are refering to....from Mason Co posters....hummmm

No depth, 5 players at best, have scored all year and usually on 3 in double digits. Gilbert is the only guard they have and there's no one in the immediate future as I can see. Tough this year but they'll be competitive in the tournament. Mason's comparison bar is just much higher than most of the other area teams. Looks like very tough sledding for several years after this one though.

The Royals are greatly limited at the guard position. Jordan Gilbert has absolutley no help handling the basketball. GRC easily wins by double digits at this point in the season. A total lack of depth and consistent foul trouble will doom this team for the remainder of the season.

And you have too. Time to move along now... Nothing more to discuss. A regular season game over 100 posts. GRC went on the road against Mason Co. and pulled out a 10+ point win while not playing very well. Mason Co is injured, bla bla bla, they'll be ready for March and so will GRC (if it even happens). Until March, there really isn't much more to discuss. Hopefully it will be a well thought out and planned 10th Region tournament and enjoyed by all involved.
Sounds like a good ole rivalary...

A pretty bad comeback to say the least.

A pretty bad comeback to say the least.

Actually - it was a pretty good comeback. Popcorn?:popcorn:

I will add this. If The Fieldhouse was even 3/4 full, that means 4,000 in attendance for a regular-season game; with one of the teams traveling an hour and a half over 2-lane roads. Three pages of posts. Nothing at all wrong with a healthy rivalry.

And here I thought that the only Kentucky regular-season sporting event that could get this much attention on BGP was Highlands playing anybody in football.:D

Great rivalry between the programs. That kind of passion for the game is what represents the spirit of basketball in KY.

I just hope both teams stay healthy, and play the best basketball possible. If they are to meet again, someone save me a seat!

Well here is a couple of posts that you are refering to....from Mason Co posters....hummmm

Folks from all over have been bemoaning the state of the Mason County team; including several from Mason County. No doubt about it.

However, in Mr. Fraysure's defense, I don't think he is one of those folks. In point of fact, he has been sharply criticized on this board for saying just the opposite.

Actually - it was a pretty good comeback. Popcorn?:popcorn:

Great rivalry between the programs. That kind of passion for the game is what represents the spirit of basketball in KY.

I just hope both teams stay healthy, and play the best basketball possible. If they are to meet again, someone save me a seat!

My sentiments exactly.:thumb:

I don't condone any mistreatment of players, I don't care which team it is. You don't seem to see things the same way.As far as the incident you mention, this is the first time it has been brought up...hummm. It was terrible what our players and coaches had to go through during all things...a regional tourney final game. There is absolute no way players and coaches should be spit on. As far as the discussion of it being brought up, you bet it will, again this should not even be a factor if Mason ran things for ALL teams, players and fans. I am sure at these meeting there are far more important things to discuss than to ensure that the Mason Co adm/tourney sponsors are running a tourney to is fair to all team and fans.

Humm....The Middleton incident did happen, whether you want to believe it or not. The point I was making is that high school students do stupid things. If it was adult fans committing these acts, then we have a totally different situation.