Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cutler: Sprained MCL

Featured Replies

Personally I don't know whether not he could have continued. But I know other qb's that probably would have stayed in. Eli Manning had a shoulder injury in 2007 that should have kept him out 1 month...and he didn't miss 1 game.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Personally I don't know whether not he could have continued. But I know other qb's that probably would have stayed in. Eli Manning had a shoulder injury in 2007 that should have kept him out 1 month...and he didn't miss 1 game.

 

I thought about him also and that shoulder injury. I remember them saying at the least he'd be out 2 weeks and he never missed a game. This situation is making me appreciate players that play injured even more.

How many posters have played one down of NFL football?

How many posters have played one down of NFL football?

 

Does Madden count? :D

It's the NFC Championship Game.

 

It's at home against the Packers. (which is probably the biggest rivalry in all of football)

 

You play and anyone who has ever played football knows that.

How many posters have played one down of NFL football?

 

I don't understand why that matters. Are we not allowed to have an opinion? Are we not allowed to have expectations for guys who make millions and millions of dollars to pummel one another for our entertainment? Do we have to play with an injury in a pro game to offer our own thoughts on how we feel about a situation? I think not. If so, then what is the point of the forum? No. I have never played a down in the NFL or any professional sport but I have played many many meaningless games with sprained ankles, torn thumb tendons and two shoulders that pop out whenever they feel like reminding me they are still untreated and need some attention. None of that stops me from playing any meaningless game I get the chance to play and I guarantee you that I would have kept playing yesterday until they carted me off the field. That might be my last chance to make the Super Bowl and nothing short of death would have stopped me. IS it petty? Could be. Is it over the top? Could be. But when I am your teammate and you are counting on me I will not let you down regardless of what my body is saying and that goes for any sport at any level whether it is men's softball, factory basketball or qb for the Chicago Bears. I am a competitor and I love my team you will get every ounce of blood, sweat and tears that I can give. Do I think Cutler did that yesterday? No. I don't. Do I expect more from a qb making millions of dollars? Yes. I do. If that is wrong....so be it. I have watched many players at all levels play through worse with less on the line. Those are the guys I respect and aspire to be like.

If it was announced at half time that Cutler had an MCL tear/sprain and had pain while planting and doctors had told him not to go back out, people would not be complaining as much.

Nothing to backtrack about.

 

Rivers played an entire playoff game on a torn ACL. Cutler was hurt, but he could've gutted it out if he wanted to.

 

It worked out better that he didn't play IMO. If he keeps playing, they don't come close to having a chance at the end IMO.

If it was announced at half time that Cutler had an MCL tear/sprain and had pain while planting and doctors had told him not to go back out, people would not be complaining as much.

 

I could handle it had he acted liked he cared while on the sideline. He moped the rest of the game.

It's the NFC Championship Game.

 

It's at home against the Packers. (which is probably the biggest rivalry in all of football)

 

You play and anyone who has ever played football knows that.

 

 

His career is more important than one game.

His career is more important than one game.

 

His career is about making it to one game.

His career is about making it to one game.

 

I don't know what your beef is with Cutler. Did he ruin your fantasy season or something?

His career is more important than one game.

 

It's comical that people think he is risking his career if he keeps playing. In todays game it is VERY unusual and unlikely that anyone would have career ending injuries that's not head or spine related. Any athlete that truly wants to win or be the best would be out there playing in that situation and they have made that obvious. If it was anytime besides a must win, then obviously you don't risk it. This situation is what you play for and what you have worked for all your life and there's not a chance in the world any true athlete or competitor would not try and play.

 

Heck Matthew Stafford dodged coaches and trainers last year as a rookie to play when the game was on the line and he had a separated shoulder. And he was playing for the LIONS, probably the worst team in the NFL, and you're telling me he can't give it a try on a sprained MCL in the NFC Championship game against the Packers???

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_HNMuubXbo

 

Watch that video and then watch Jay Cutler standing emotionless on the on the sidelines. You aren't guaranteed anything in the NFL so you take chances and take risks in opportunities like that and he didn't and that's why he's getting so much hate. 99% of NFL players would gladly try and play on a sore knee if it meant a chance to go to the Super Bowl

.

His career is about making it to one game.

 

Not even close. I think he would rather play for about 10 more years.

I don't understand why that matters. Are we not allowed to have an opinion? Are we not allowed to have expectations for guys who make millions and millions of dollars to pummel one another for our entertainment? Do we have to play with an injury in a pro game to offer our own thoughts on how we feel about a situation? I think not. If so, then what is the point of the forum? No. I have never played a down in the NFL or any professional sport but I have played many many meaningless games with sprained ankles, torn thumb tendons and two shoulders that pop out whenever they feel like reminding me they are still untreated and need some attention. None of that stops me from playing any meaningless game I get the chance to play and I guarantee you that I would have kept playing yesterday until they carted me off the field. That might be my last chance to make the Super Bowl and nothing short of death would have stopped me. IS it petty? Could be. Is it over the top? Could be. But when I am your teammate and you are counting on me I will not let you down regardless of what my body is saying and that goes for any sport at any level whether it is men's softball, factory basketball or qb for the Chicago Bears. I am a competitor and I love my team you will get every ounce of blood, sweat and tears that I can give. Do I think Cutler did that yesterday? No. I don't. Do I expect more from a qb making millions of dollars? Yes. I do. If that is wrong....so be it. I have watched many players at all levels play through worse with less on the line. Those are the guys I respect and aspire to be like.

 

What if he had a mild concussion instead of a mild ligament tear, should he go back in?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.