Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cutler: Sprained MCL

Featured Replies

Let's see if the backtracking comes about.

 

Classic case of one's personality causing others to lose proper perspective.

 

DBrooks? Hello?

  • Replies 116
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing to backtrack about.

 

Rivers played an entire playoff game on a torn ACL. Cutler was hurt, but he could've gutted it out if he wanted to.

  • Author
Nothing to backtrack about.

 

Rivers played an entire playoff game on a torn ACL. Cutler was hurt, but he could've gutted it out if he wanted to.

 

Are all knee injuries equal?

 

Brees played through knee issue this year as well.

Are all knee injuries equal?

 

Brees played through knee issue this year as well.

 

No, they're not. A torn ACL is much more difficult to play on than a torn MCL.

Jay was getting blasted by several ex players on Mike & Mike. He has a career to think about and he plays and hurts the team, he really gets ripped. He did the only thing he could have done. My only thought against him was the fact he didn't seem interested in helping the 3rd stringer. If the "D" or the linebacker doesn't fall down on the pick, who knows?

  • Author
No, they're not. A torn ACL is much more difficult to play on than a torn MCL.

 

I have no experience with a knee injury nor do I have any medical background to agree or disagree.

Several things to think about. Some players (Favre, Rivers) may have a higher tolerance for pain and can play through it without too much problem. Some people can play through pain and some can't. It's the same way some pregnant women can clean their house and mow their yards while others sit on the couch or stay in bed.

 

Had the Bears been ahead and all Cutler had to do was hand off, maybe he would have given it a try. But passing on nearly every down when you're already getting the crap knocked of you can play with your head. Not to mention, injuries hurt more when it's near zero.

 

It's hard to knock the guy for not playing. However, when your backup is Todd Collins and Hanie, you might want to get a novacane shot and give it another try.

Nothing to backtrack about.

 

Rivers played an entire playoff game on a torn ACL. Cutler was hurt, but he could've gutted it out if he wanted to.

 

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread, Rivers had time to prepare to play his injury. He knew the extent of it and that he couldn't do anymore damage then was already done. For him it was a matter of getting it shot up and playing with what ever pain he could still feel. At the point Cutler got hurt he had no clue how bad it was and what additional damage he could do. It's easy to second guess anyone from the sidelines but when it could be your career on the line it might be a different story. I don't care for Cutler but a knee injury isn't something to be stupid about. How many players do you know of that have torn their MCL or ACL and continued to play in the game they tore it in? When Rivers tore his ACL did he finish the game he hurt it in?

Can't remember. It was 2007 shouldn't be hard to find out.

 

MJD played with a torn MCL for 14 weeks this year.

 

Everyone's threshold of pain is different. I want my starting qb for my favorite team to play through the pain in the most important game of the year. That's just me though.

C'mon. The dude had a torn MCL and people are ripping him for not playing. Even if it was just a sprain no one can blame him for sitting out. It's much easier to say he should be in there when you're sitting on your couch than being the one with the torn MCL. The doctors performed the tests and there were reports his knee was sliding and wobbling due to the tear. Why should he have to risk injuring another ligament or something else more serious? I don't blame him for sitting. If I was a young quarterback in the NFL with a pretty bright future ahead of me, I'd probably do the same.

I'll repeat what I said in the other thread, Rivers had time to prepare to play his injury. He knew the extent of it and that he couldn't do anymore damage then was already done. For him it was a matter of getting it shot up and playing with what ever pain he could still feel. At the point Cutler got hurt he had no clue how bad it was and what additional damage he could do. It's easy to second guess anyone from the sidelines but when it could be your career on the line it might be a different story. I don't care for Cutler but a knee injury isn't something to be stupid about. How many players do you know of that have torn their MCL or ACL and continued to play in the game they tore it in? When Rivers tore his ACL did he finish the game he hurt it in?

:thumb:

I can only hope that Jay uses this as motivation for next year and beyond. He really improved this year, had his fair share of rougher games, but played really well the 2nd half of the season. His two bad games? Yeah, against these Packers and what's look like a possible Superbowl winning defense.

 

No words to describe how disgusted I am in all these people calling him out without knowing the extent of his injury, what was going on.

C'mon. The dude had a torn MCL and people are ripping him for not playing. Even if it was just a sprain no one can blame him for sitting out. It's much easier to say he should be in there when you're sitting on your couch than being the one with the torn MCL. The doctors performed the tests and there were reports his knee was sliding and wobbling due to the tear. Why should he have to risk injuring another ligament or something else more serious? I don't blame him for sitting. If I was a young quarterback in the NFL with a pretty bright future ahead of me, I'd probably do the same.

 

This is my point more then anything. When you know what the injury is it's alot easier to play. Cutler didn't know what he extent of the damage was. I wouldn't risk it either, pain or no pain.

C'mon. The dude had a torn MCL and people are ripping him for not playing. Even if it was just a sprain no one can blame him for sitting out. It's much easier to say he should be in there when you're sitting on your couch than being the one with the torn MCL. The doctors performed the tests and there were reports his knee was sliding and wobbling due to the tear. Why should he have to risk injuring another ligament or something else more serious? I don't blame him for sitting. If I was a young quarterback in the NFL with a pretty bright future ahead of me, I'd probably do the same.

 

 

Everybody is different. I can honestly say that I would have played. Week 5.....I probably wouldn't play. Conference Championship.....you would have to kill me to get me off of the field. If there was no way I could play I would have the clipboard and would be coaching my backups and letting them know that they can guide us to a win and how they can do it.

He looked like he gave up yesterday and a lot of the backlash he is receiving is because of that.

 

A lot of these guys ripping him have played through or seen teammates play through similar injuries or injuries that are supposed to sideline you for a decent amount of time. They know toughness and heart when they see it I would think.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.