Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cutler: Sprained MCL

Featured Replies

Looking at his stats....6-14 for 80 yards and an int.....yeah I would have pulled him if I was Lovie also.

  • Replies 116
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When talking to other people, I don't mind them questioning how Cutler acted when he wasn't going in. I just don't/didn't like this "no heart" stuff.

 

ANYHOO, Dan Patrick mentioned on his show how Pippen never got over that label of being a baby when a play at the end of a 1994 playoff game wasn't meant for him and he refused to go in. This was Jordan's 1st retirement, though they would go on to win 3 more titles, I think Pippen will carry around that, not to mention that "migraine" he had before Game 7 against the Pistons in 1989.

 

Until Cutler wins, this will be something that will follow him the rest of his career.

 

Exactly. I have always felt that Pippen wasn't as emotionally hardened like most star athletes.

Again, that's easy for Freeman to say from his living room. I said let's tear it in week 1 because I figure in week 1 TB's season still means something.

 

Yep but I bet he wouldn't be out long at all if he missed anytime and week 1 still isn't the NFC Championship game. Freeman wins big with his statement because now his team knows he is putting on himself to leaf the team at any cost. Who doesn't want that from their starting qb? Who want to hear their starting qb say..."yeah, I don't blame Cutler. I'd sit out of the NFC Championship game if I was too hurt.". No one wants to hear that. Especially your teammates. He was asked a question and he gave an answer. The correct answer I might add. And yes, that is a gut reaction natural instinct type of answer but I expect nothing less from my starting qb.

Jim Rome just interviewed the Bears Safety Chirs Harris who said he missed 4 games with a torn MCL last season. I also have heard that Cutler tried to play and short hopped a throw because he couldn't effectively plant. Given the nature of the big game I'd say the instinct is to play through it, which is where I think the criticism comes in, but if you can only hurt your team I think you make the call to sit.

 

 

He also completed the last pass he threw.

 

He was sacked 52 times this year. Maybe he didn't want to risk his future for the Super Bowl.

He also completed the last pass he threw.

 

He was sacked 52 times this year. Maybe he didn't want to risk his future for the Super Bowl.

 

Just so I'm not missing anything...you are not a Bears fan, right? You're a TB fan?

Rivers left the game in the 3rd quarter. He also had surgery no the knee the following week to get try and get it to the point he could play.

 

 

Were they ahead or were they down when he got hurt?

 

I wonder what Cutler would be doing had they won.

I think the reason that I believed he should have continued to play is because for years I've compared players' toughness to this:

 

 

In big game situations, I've kind of grown to expect that kind of heart and desire out of a true football player. Although, I must admit, that's a very unfair standard to set.

 

Looking specifically at the Cutler situation, the bigger issue is his lack of desire to help the team while he wasn't on the field.

Just so I'm not missing anything...you are not a Bears fan, right? You're a TB fan?

 

Yes. I am not a Bears fan. I am a Tampa Bay fan and I have a self admitted man crush on Aaron Rodgers. And Randy Moss but his career is at the end of the road.

Yep but I bet he wouldn't be out long at all if he missed anytime and week 1 still isn't the NFC Championship game. Freeman wins big with his statement because now his team knows he is putting on himself to leaf the team at any cost. Who doesn't want that from their starting qb? Who want to hear their starting qb say..."yeah, I don't blame Cutler. I'd sit out of the NFC Championship game if I was too hurt.". No one wants to hear that. Especially your teammates. He was asked a question and he gave an answer. The correct answer I might add. And yes, that is a gut reaction natural instinct type of answer but I expect nothing less from my starting qb.

 

I was trying to make a joke with the week 1 thing. I guess a smilie should have been used.

 

I don't disagree that what Freeman said is what you want out of your QB but to say it is one thing, to have to do it is another.

I think the reason that I believed he should have continued to play is because for years I've compared players' toughness to this:

 

 

In big game situations, I've kind of grown to expect that kind of heart and desire out of a true football player. Although, I must admit, that's a very unfair standard to set.

 

Looking specifically at the Cutler situation, the bigger issue is his lack of desire to help the team while he wasn't on the field.

 

Absolutely but all injuries are different and just because one man can "suck it up" and continue playing doesn't mean that those who don't continue aren't as tough and don't have any heart. No!!!! They are more hurt than than the guys who kept playing obviously. Silly. Those guys are so injured that they hurt the team more by staying in the game. :D:rolleyes:

 

Excellent video by the way.:thumb: That's the stuff legends are made of.

 

Imagine if Cutler had stayed in the game and the Bears won. He would be the toast of America today.

 

 

Imagine if he would have stayed in and lost. Those who respect the game and know the game would say that man is a warrior and I would play with him anyday. I bet you could go on the field of both games yesterday and find guys who medically shouldn't have been cleared to play and I still believe Rodgers played with a concussion after the Peppers hit. He was loopy and out of whack the rest of the game. Looked awful.

I was trying to make a joke with the week 1 thing. I guess a smilie should have been used.

 

I don't disagree that what Freeman said is what you want out of your QB but to say it is one thing, to have to do it is another.

 

Gotcha.

 

And yes, now that he has said it he does have to play through it if it ever happens or I will come on here and blast him too.

Were they ahead or were they down when he got hurt?

 

I wonder what Cutler would be doing had they won.

 

He played their last possession of the 3rd and Volek came in the first possession of the 4th. They were up 21-17 but the Colts scored on their second possession in the 4th to go up 24-21.

He played their last possession of the 3rd and Volek came in the first possession of the 4th. They were up 21-17 but the Colts scored on their second possession in the 4th to go up 24-21.

 

Cool. Thanks for the info.

According to tweet from Doyel, no tear--MCL sprain.

 

Yep. 2nd degree sprain...Which takes roughly 3 weeks to heal. Gottlieb is tearing him apart right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.