Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cutler: Sprained MCL

Featured Replies

I don't know what your beef is with Cutler. Did he ruin your fantasy season or something?

 

 

:lol:

 

Absolutely not. I have never nor would I draft Cutler. I am the only person to blame for any of my fantasy teams failures as I picked my team. Aaron Rodgers was my qb on my money team and on most of my teams. I had Favre and McNabb in the BGP League and as a result I will have to sit out a year. That is my fault.

 

I don't have a beef with Cutler. I just would have liked to have seen more out of him than what we saw. For man who was hurt bad enough that he couldn't play he really seemed to throw in the towel. As a Randy Moss fan I have seen and heard so many people dog him for taking plays off, walking off the field before the game was over etc etc. In my eyes Cutler quit on his team on Sunday when they needed him the most. At 36 I have seen many courageous performances in conference championships. Look at how beat up Favre was last year and he kept playing. Half of his body was a bruise after that game. Like I said earlier I admire and aspire to be the ultimate team player in life and with all of his actions Jay Cutler, IMO, proved to not be a player/leader and it disappointed me.

Edited by PurplePride92

  • Replies 116
  • Views 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if he had a mild concussion instead of a mild ligament tear, should he go back in?

 

If he can fool the doctors I say go for it. My concern for concussions and the effects of a concussion end at the the high school level.

Not even close. I think he would rather play for about 10 more years.

 

To each his own. I would be playing to make it to the Super Bowl. I am one of the guys who wouldn't hire an agent because I would play for the glory. Not the cash. Cutler has made enough money to retire on. What else is there to play for?

To each his own. I would be playing to make it to the Super Bowl. I am one of the guys who wouldn't hire an agent because I would play for the glory. Not the cash. Cutler has made enough money to retire on. What else is there to play for?

 

First bold: If that is 100% the truth, you might be the first one.

 

Second bold: Ummm, maybe his livelihood???

First bold: If that is 100% the truth, you might be the first one.

 

Second bold: Ummm, maybe his livelihood???

 

I believe Tedy Bruschi and Randy Moss have both been known to negotiate contracts without agents. I am certain they aren't the only ones.

 

If he is worried about his livelihood maybe he should use that Vandy education for something safer than pro football. These guys know their livelihood is threatened everytime they step on the football field whether it is in a game or in practice. If they can't handle that they probably shouldn't play, IMO. Football is a very brutal sport. Even with the new rules protecting quarterbacks and receivers. It isn't for the meek. Any person that can't handle that probably shouldn't play.

Gotta agree with PP92 on all fronts. I'll just let him make the arguments for both of us. :thumb:

If he can fool the doctors I say go for it. My concern for concussions and the effects of a concussion end at the the high school level.

 

Why?

Why?

 

Once someone makes a decision to continue playing football in college and beyond they are no longer under parental control and become responsible for their own decisions. When you play at that level you are knowingly playing a sport that has been known for its brutality and has been known to cause irreversible harm to the human brain and body. That is a decision each individual knowingly makes and very many decide it is not worth it.

Edited by PurplePride92

Once someone males

 

Huh???

Huh???

 

 

:lol:

 

I am on my iPhone and hit the post reply button accidentally. Still waiting on the BGP App for the iPhone. :D

Funny how when Cutler came to Chicago from Denver Brian Urlacher had very harsh words(one of the worst words you can call a man, let alone a football player)about how he felt about Cutler. At least he is taking up for his teammate now.

Edited by PurplePride92

I still think 99% of this has to do with his reaction and demeanor along the sidelines. You really get in to a slippery slope questioning athletes faking injuries and their threshold of pain. I think it is out of bounds for players within their Union to say as much as they have. We get it, nobody likes the guy. Odd thing is, this is how Jay Cutler always acts yet now it is open season on the guy.

I still think 99% of this has to do with his reaction and demeanor along the sidelines. You really get in to a slippery slope questioning athletes faking injuries and their threshold of pain. I think it is out of bounds for players within their Union to say as much as they have. We get it, nobody likes the guy. Odd thing is, this is how Jay Cutler always acts yet now it is open season on the guy.
:thumb:
What if he had a mild concussion instead of a mild ligament tear, should he go back in?

 

Personally I think Aaron Rogers played with a concussion in this game. We'll never know for sure because he won't admit it, but he was in a fog after the Peppers hit.

Mrs C and I went to Chicago to watch the game at one of our favorite bars. Of the 250 people there, I think one person defended him. Cutler is a hated man in Chicago. The bulk of the fan base is a blue collar working class people. They have been known as a tough hard nosed town and for tough hard nosed football forever. To see your QB standing on the sideline looking like he doesn't give crap about what's going on, I'd say it's safe to say a minimum of 95% in Chicago want him gone. I can't see the fan base ever forgiving him.

 

Several of the players defended him after the game. That's what team mates do.

 

However, if you watched the game, any time the camera was on Cutler, he was all alone. No one was going over and talking to him or offering any kind of support.

 

The saddest part of it all to me is that Cutler never went over and tried to support his team mates. He wasn't there trying to talk Hanie through blitz packages, nothing. That to me is proof he is not a team player, and I hope they get rid of him. I would try to get something for him, but if I couldn't I would cut him.

 

Even the Packer fans couldn't believe it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.