January 24, 201115 yr Like I said earlier at the very least he could have acted liked he cared and tried to help Hanie while on the sideline instead of having his woe-is-me face on. And that's the kicker. He would've rather been sleeping than standing on the sideline. He showed zero heart.
January 24, 201115 yr Wouldn't you have a greater chance of injuring the knee even further if it was only a slight tear compared to a full tear? That's the point. Cutler had no way of knowing the existent of the damage.
January 24, 201115 yr Cutler did and the medical staff told him not to go out there again. Plus, he wouldn't have been effective. Hell, Lovie pulled the #2 because of lack of mobility. Everyone calling Cutler out about not going back out there is simply because they don't like him. Good lord, Deion questioned his manhood and he sat out numerous games for turf toe. Yeah but he played in the Conference Championships and Super Bowls. Regular season....fine. Playoffs you play. And yes, I think LT is soft also.
January 24, 201115 yr I find it very telling that so many current and former players felt the need to tweet their feelings about this and not a one had anything positive to say for Cutler. Very telling to me about his reputation as being a "tough" player. Josh Freeman was on Cowherd this morning, and he asked him about it....Freeman said in the NFC title game, they'd have to carry him off on a stretcher for him to not be on the field. There are times when keeping your mouth shut is the best route to take. This would have been one of those times for Mr. Freeman
January 24, 201115 yr Let's think about this logically. No medical staff in any professional sport would allow you to go back out on the field after not knowing what is wrong with your knee. They probably had a pretty good idea that it was an MCL by the tests performed on the field but, no Dr that wants to keep his license, would send a player back out there without knowing the extent of the damage. And that is the difference between Brees and Cutler. They knew Brees couldn't do any more damage and let him make the decision. No one had any idea what the long term affect could be on Cutler. Plus, he was hardly effective on a good knee. Toughness had little to do with it.
January 24, 201115 yr He did go back out there and give it a go....If he had too much pain, he had too much pain. I really can't believe people are ripping him because he didn't go back out there with an MCL injury just because some other quarterbacks would have. It was a torn freakin MCL. That's all you have to know to accept the fact that he and the doctors didn't feel comfortable with him out there playing. :thumb: Please, nobody use Favre as a comparing tool here. That guy is just a physical freak and defies logic. 99% of people do not tear knee ligaments and go out finishing strong. The outrage was because no person thought he was really hurt. As was noted, he did go out and play and was even suckier than he already was. Cutler was not giving them the best chance to win.
January 24, 201115 yr MJD had cartilage damage but no tear in the ligament. You sure? Someone sent a tweet to MJD calling him a name and asked him if he played with a torn MCL to which he replied "yes". Other journalists have tweeted that MJD played 14 weeks with a torn MCL. That is where I got my info from.
January 24, 201115 yr Either way it goes whether I could play or not I would have handled myself differently and I would definitely be defending myself today. Jared Dudley said it best when news of the MCL tear came out....Cutler is in a no win situation. If I am Chicago all anyone knows is that he tore his MCL. If it ends up being a grade 1 tear(1 week of heal time) then his reputation will take an even further beating.
January 24, 201115 yr There are times when keeping your mouth shut is the best route to take. This would have been one of those times for Mr. Freeman As a Tampa Bay fan that is exactly what I want to hear my starting qb say.
January 24, 201115 yr Either way it goes whether I could play or not I would have handled myself differently and I would definitely be defending myself today. Jared Dudley said it best when news of the MCL tear came out....Cutler is in a no win situation. If I am Chicago all anyone knows is that he tore his MCL. If it ends up being a grade 1 tear(1 week of heal time) then his reputation will take an even further beating. I wonder if there are any liability clauses for these teams. For example, the doctors advised Cutler and the coaches his MCL or other ligaments are most likely torn. While he may not be able to hurt that ligament any more, you do become more susceptible to other injuries because you are unable to move around accordingly.
January 24, 201115 yr You sure? Someone sent a tweet to MJD calling him a name and asked him if he played with a torn MCL to which he replied "yes". Other journalists have tweeted that MJD played 14 weeks with a torn MCL. That is where I got my info from. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5978461
January 24, 201115 yr Either way it goes whether I could play or not I would have handled myself differently and I would definitely be defending myself today. Jared Dudley said it best when news of the MCL tear came out....Cutler is in a no win situation. If I am Chicago all anyone knows is that he tore his MCL. If it ends up being a grade 1 tear(1 week of heal time) then his reputation will take an even further beating. Wouldn't that be even more reason to not go back out? If it's a grade 1 tear no way he finishes that game without more damage. Then instead of 1 week or 1 month it's 6 months or longer. Or maybe he ends up tearing the ACL as well. Freeman can say all he wants from the sidelines but until he is in that situation he needs to shut it. Like someone else said, week 1 next year lets tear his MCL and see if his money is where his mouth is.
January 24, 201115 yr Let's think about this logically. No medical staff in any professional sport would allow you to go back out on the field after not knowing what is wrong with your knee. They probably had a pretty good idea that it was an MCL by the tests performed on the field but, no Dr that wants to keep his license, would send a player back out there without knowing the extent of the damage. And that is the difference between Brees and Cutler. They knew Brees couldn't do any more damage and let him make the decision. No one had any idea what the long term affect could be on Cutler. Plus, he was hardly effective on a good knee. Toughness had little to do with it. Why did they let him get back on the bike then after the injury?
January 24, 201115 yr Why did they let him get back on the bike then after the injury? No idea but it's already been reported that the doctor's told him to sit. Why did he initially go back out after the injury?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.