Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Far Will UK Go This Year?

How Far Will UK Go? 73 members have voted

  1. 1. How Far Will UK Go?

    • Complete Collapse - Miss Out on the Big Dance
      0%
      0
    • 1 & Done
      1%
    • 2 & Out
      4%
    • Sweet Sixteen
      56%
    • Elite Eight
      32%
    • Final Four
      4%
    • National Runner Up
      0%
      0
    • Take Home #8!
      1%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

As weak as I perceive college basketball to be this year, it isn't at all out of the question that they lose the first game or win their last one. My money says that the word "parity" will be thrown around more than ever come Big Dance time.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As weak as I perceive college basketball to be this year, it isn't at all out of the question that they lose the first game or win their last one. My money says that the word "parity" will be thrown around more than ever come Big Dance time.

 

Well put, that's why I haven't been impressed with many teams to be able to make a legitimate guess at how deep they could potentially go.

Well put, that's why I haven't been impressed with many teams to be able to make a legitimate guess at how deep they could potentially go.

 

With a healthy Irving, Duke would have to be the overwhelming favorite. Without a healthy Irving, I think they're a slight favorite.

I voted Elite 8, but reserve the right to modify once I view the brackets. If we get an easy draw like Duke did last year, we could go on to the FF.

I'm afraid they might get beat on the first weekend, but I would guess Sweet 16. Anything farther than that is gravy.

What does everyone think if Orton and Bledsoe would have stayed? I know this isn't the title of the thread, but Coach Cal in my opinion wants the one and dones?

 

Had either of these stayed I think UK is a legit final four and perhaps champ.

get beat can't type today lol
I have that problem a lot, lol. You might want to just "edit" the post when you make a mistake. That way you don't have to go to the trouble of making an entirely new one. :thumb:

I picked elite 8, but that's assuming they get a good draw and are a 2 seed. If they're any lower than a 2 seed, they're out in the sweet 16.

I said Sweet 16, but at that point it's all about matchups. They could easily make the Final Four.

KSR has a good breakdown of various UK stats in their wins vs. their losses. The one glaring stat that you find in losses is Brandon Knight's points per game. He's averaging just above 19 ppg in the 14 wins & just over 10 ppg in the 3 losses.

What does everyone think if Orton and Bledsoe would have stayed? I know this isn't the title of the thread, but Coach Cal in my opinion wants the one and dones?

 

Had either of these stayed I think UK is a legit final four and perhaps champ.

 

Bledsoe could have helped but I don't know if adding guards to the team does much for UK this year. He's been excellent in the NBA so far, but I wonder if that would have slowed the growth of Knight, Lamb and even Liggins.

 

I don't think Orton would help much. He has a poor attitude, and just really isn't that good IMO. He would add some size, but he was always in foul trouble. His size would be an advantage but I don't know how much better he would make UK. JMO.

I just was reading these post again and was wondering something.

How many sweet16's and/or elite 8's will w/o a championship will it take before we see the "fire Cal" type threads/post:lol:? I know that sooner or later those will start popping up. Everyonre on here knows it as well whether they admit it or not. After all, Cal has had some very,very talented teams not to have won a title.

Just sayin'......:idunno::lol:

 

I'll bet a couple are getting them warmed up now......:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.