Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Far Will UK Go This Year?

How Far Will UK Go? 73 members have voted

  1. 1. How Far Will UK Go?

    • Complete Collapse - Miss Out on the Big Dance
      0%
      0
    • 1 & Done
      1%
    • 2 & Out
      4%
    • Sweet Sixteen
      56%
    • Elite Eight
      32%
    • Final Four
      4%
    • National Runner Up
      0%
      0
    • Take Home #8!
      1%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I just was reading these post again and was wondering something.

How many sweet16's and/or elite 8's will w/o a championship will it take before we see the "fire Cal" type threads/post:lol:? I know that sooner or later those will start popping up. Everyonre on here knows it as well whether they admit it or not. After all, Cal has had some very,very talented teams not to have won a title.

Just sayin'......:idunno::lol:

 

I'll bet a couple are getting them warmed up now......:D

 

I'd say if they don't make the final four next year you will hear some grumbling.

  • Replies 39
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
I just was reading these post again and was wondering something.

How many sweet16's and/or elite 8's will w/o a championship will it take before we see the "fire Cal" type threads/post:lol:? I know that sooner or later those will start popping up. Everyonre on here knows it as well whether they admit it or not. After all, Cal has had some very,very talented teams not to have won a title.

Just sayin'......:idunno::lol:

 

I'll bet a couple are getting them warmed up now......:D

 

Shouldn't be an issue after next season. If Knight and Lamb come back (I'm leaning towards them coming back and Jones leaving), next year's team should be the odds on favorites to win it all. Anything more than 1-2 losses would be a shocker IMO.

  • Author
I'd say if they don't make the final four next year you will hear some grumbling.

 

And rightfully so. :D

 

Seriously, there's no excuse for next year's team (assuming Knight and Lamb are back) to not at least make the Final Four.

I'd say if they don't make the final four next year you will hear some grumbling.

 

Agreed.

As others have said it will depend on matchups. Two of our three losses came against teams with good post players. So it will depend on the type of matchups we get, because with the right matchups, this team could very well be a team that could win it all IMO. However could be a team who losses in the 2nd round depending on who we have. Duke had some favorable matchups last year on their way to the title, and Butler did too. Both teams didn't have the best inside game, but they made it work. Its hard to predict until we see a bracket.

They will go until they run into a Big East team like last year when Huggins beat em!

I see them doing well. Losing maybe two/three more, (Vols/Vandy/Hogs) losing to Bama in the SEC tourney, but going to the final 16 but getting knocked out by Louisville.

I think they're in the 2nd round to Elite 8 range. I'd be a little surprised to see them lose in the first round or make it to the Final Four, but don't see either of those as out of the realm of possibility. Anything in between would be no surprise at all to me. I'm with RP...my gut says Elite 8, so that's how I voted.

I can't tell what they're going to do, because they completely change personality from game to game. If Cal could keep this core of frosh together a season or 2, supplementing with more grade A talent, I could easily see #8 hanging from the rafters. Maybe #9, too. They'd be unstoppable.

 

However, I think (depending on the outcome of the NBA CBA negotiations) Knight and Jones are gone, another group of one-n-doners coming in again next year, and we get another crap shoot of a season. It is what it is, and I'm a Kentucky fan, so I'll have to live with it and just keep on rooting, but I hate this one and done stuff. Until Cal can prove different, I see UK getting to an occasional Final Four, but never winning another banner with him at the helm.

 

Hope I'm wrong, though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.