1. 1. Who wins the game?

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bardstown cant be stoped period!

BTOWN 45

FIELD 7

I can assure you Mayfield hasnt seen speed like this all year, just ask the admirals!

I will give Bardstown credit...they MAY be the fastest team in the state...but the last time I looked the Cards were not too shabby in the speed department either. Plus when you have the stable of backs that can not only run around you...BUT over you with Hatchell and Rust...then throw in Shelton's ability to run and pass...so with that being said and no disrespect to Danville...Mayfield will be the most diverse backfield that Bardstown has seen. And to answer one of previous statements...Mayfield does have not one but a few linebackers that will step up and punish you...namely Hatchell. Plus the rest of the defense is very quick to the ball and will not only get to the ballcarrier but punish him as well. There have been several outstanding backs that by the end of the game stated that they have not been it as hard or by as many people as what the Mayfield defense had. Also with Dumas, Brown, and Sherill on the outside corners not too many people will be able to run away from them. But it should be an outstanding ballgame as no one gets this far by being undefeated...so Bardstown congrats on being 13-0 on the season and it should be a fun and exciting game to watch...and lets hope it is a well officiated and cleanly played ballgame on both sides. Whoever wins will be an outstanding contender to bring home all the marbles next Saturday, December 3rd at Papa John's Cardinal Stadium.

...and lets hope it is a well officiated and cleanly played ballgame on both sides.

I believe you'll get a clean game from Bardstown. This is a "good" team in every sense of that word.

Mayfielders, lend us a hand:

1. where do we eat down there?

2. what radio station carries the game?

I believe you'll get a clean game from Bardstown. This is a "good" team in every sense of that word.

Mayfield always has been and will always be a class act program that prides itself on winning and losing with class. That is what makes the program one of the most respected in the state with the coaches, players, and fans alike. :thumb:

1. where do we eat down there?

2. what radio station carries the game?

To answer your questions

1) This answer will depend on the hours with it being the Friday after Thanksgiving...but one of the best places to eat is "Hills Bar-B-Cue"...there are also a good Mexican restaurant called "Los Amigos" and a traditional style of restaurant called Majestic...all of which are located relatively close to each other...other than that basically fast-food types...sorry not the best selection as far as restaurants go.

2) There are two radio stations that carry Mayfield football...one is 1430AM and the other is 95.9FM. Sometimes the FM station is hard to pick up at War Memorial Stadium due to a few towers nearby that causes some interfence but the AM station can be picked up clearly. Hope these helped.

To answer your questions

1) This answer will depend on the hours with it being the Friday after Thanksgiving...but one of the best places to eat is "Hills Bar-B-Cue"...there are also a good Mexican restaurant called "Los Amigos" and a traditional style of restaurant called Majestic...all of which are located relatively close to each other...other than that basically fast-food types...sorry not the best selection as far as restaurants go.

2) There are two radio stations that carry Mayfield football...one is 1430AM and the other is 95.9FM. Sometimes the FM station is hard to pick up at War Memorial Stadium due to a few towers nearby that causes some interfence but the AM station can be picked up clearly. Hope these helped.

Awesome. West Ky. BBQ and good football the day after Thanksgiving. Much to be thankful for. :p

These teams meet in the playoffs for the first time since 1981 when Bardstown won 17-14 on their way to the state title. Will history repeat itself in 2005?

1981 -- the year of the "Georgia Pass" (hook & lateral). Steve Ritchie (QB) passes to David Potter (TE) who laterals to Barry Ballard (RB). I'm sure some of the Mayfield "faithful" remember it. I watched it from behind the Bardstown bench and can still remember it. Made for a much easier ride home.

Best wishes to both teams and safe travels for the Bardstown team and fans.

1981 -- the year of the "Georgia Pass" (hook & lateral). Steve Ritchie (QB) passes to David Potter (TE) who laterals to Barry Ballard (RB). I'm sure some of the Mayfield "faithful" remember it. I watched it from behind the Bardstown bench and can still remember it. Made for a much easier ride home.

Best wishes to both teams and safe travels for the Bardstown team and fans.

ENOUGH, I am starting to have nightmares of that hook and lateral AGAIN

One possible thought on food would be stopping about 30 minutes out and eating at the famous Pattis Restaurant in Grand Rivers on Kentucky Lake. It is minutes off the interstate you will be traveling down and it is a popular stop by some of Danville faithful that generally make the pilgramage to Mayfield every other year. But if you make this your stop plan ahead and get reseervations to be safe. One other bit of advise, the stadium is located across town from the school. Every time a new opponet comes in that confuses many. There are two motels less than a mile from the stadium, outside of that I recommend a Paducah motel which is a easy 30 minutes down a 4 lane highway

Whoever said Bardstown will get hurt by Mayfields size obviously hasn't taken much of a look at Campbellsville, Holy Cross, and Danville, I'd say in every one of those games they were outsize, horribly, on the line. While Mayfield's out of district record may be better than BHS, BHS has a much tougher district, its a DOG FIGHT every year for the number 1 spot. Its no secret anymore, the fastest team in the state rolls into Mayfield friday night... I'm rooting for the Tigers to goto the Class A state game, and i think they make it to Papa Johns.

Nobody's argueing Bardstown isn't fast. I believe Mayfield has the personal to match up with Bardstown. Has Bardstown been behind in a game this seaon? If not how will they react. Mayfield was behind Hoptown 2 t'ds and fought back to actually take the lead deep in 4th quarter, I believe that says alot about the fight in our boys and if we can play mistake free ball, I like our odds very much. Will it be a tough game? Yeah. Brad Lawson is one of the best defensive cordinators in the state, if anyone can come up with a scheme, it's him.

Whoever said Bardstown will get hurt by Mayfields size obviously hasn't taken much of a look at Campbellsville, Holy Cross, and Danville, I'd say in every one of those games they were outsize, horribly, on the line. While Mayfield's out of district record may be better than BHS, BHS has a much tougher district, its a DOG FIGHT every year for the number 1 spot. Its no secret anymore, the fastest team in the state rolls into Mayfield friday night... I'm rooting for the Tigers to goto the Class A state game, and i think they make it to Papa Johns.

I don't know who said that either...Mayfields not very big..They have a little size, but, to me are more on the smallish, quick side that get off the ball well. I don't believe it was a mayfield person who said that..

Nobody's argueing Bardstown isn't fast. I believe Mayfield has the personal to match up with Bardstown. Has Bardstown been behind in a game this seaon? If not how will they react. Mayfield was behind Hoptown 2 t'ds and fought back to actually take the lead deep in 4th quarter, I believe that says alot about the fight in our boys and if we can play mistake free ball, I like our odds very much. Will it be a tough game? Yeah. Brad Lawson is one of the best defensive cordinators in the state, if anyone can come up with a scheme, it's him.

Bardstown has proven they can be a closer. Danville was a great come-from-behind team (Somerset, Southwestern, Holy Cross, et. al.), and Bardstown delivered its knockout punch to the Ads in the 4th. :fight: Also, these track stars don't seem to get tired.