Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 61 Highlands 48

Featured Replies

CovCath didn't play well but pulled out the victory. I was beyond shocked that the Colonels didn't take more advantage of the size mis-match. On more than one occassion both Connelly and Baker had a 5 or 6 inch advantage on their defenders at the same time. Why they didn't more take advantage of those situations was anyone's guess. While Jake is the undisputed scoring leader of the team, I really felt not getting the ball to Connelly and Baker in the low post more often was a huge mistake. I thought for sure they would move Jake to the high post (where he is still a definite scoring threat) and move Cubby and Baker to the low post creating a huge advantage down low.

 

I was very impressed by the gutsy play of Crowley, but was equally disappointed in the frequency that the Colonels let him wide open for a 3. He was their only legitimate scoring threat, I would have forced someone else to beat me.

 

Just so I don't seem to negative, I continue to be impressed by the play of Maschinot at point. With the exception of one ill advisded drive to the hoop, I thought he played an outstanding game. While Riedinger didn't play bad if he finds he regains his 3 point stroke it will take this team to a whole new level.

 

This team is very fun to watch even on off nights because of their "team" attitude and the way they seem to enjoy playing together.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't believe everything you read in the Enquirer.....I was there! lol Ryan Egan is a very good shooter and a great kid, I agree that he needs to be a better offensive threat. I watched him last nite and he never seemed to be in the flow of the game....but, he is a spot -up shooter and New, Dean, & Lewis were simply running transition & slashing to the basket, a style contrary to where Egan fits best. I predict he will still have some big scoring nites....

 

Agreed but he also has 0 free throw attempts through 12 games. As good a shooter he is it is paramount he start trying to get to the line. Great kid and team player !

I think Crowly came to play! Very impressive tonite. Dean and New played very well. It seemed like HHS had good spacing and played with heart. Egan had a bad night but he can light it up on occasion when hot. Towles looked beat and could not handle Thelen today. Thelen was butter, the boy really understands the game. He should command many more touches.

CovCath didn't play well but pulled out the victory. I was beyond shocked that the Colonels didn't take more advantage of the size mis-match. On more than one occassion both Connelly and Baker had a 5 or 6 inch advantage on their defenders at the same time. Why they didn't more take advantage of those situations was anyone's guess. While Jake is the undisputed scoring leader of the team, I really felt not getting the ball to Connelly and Baker in the low post more often was a huge mistake. I thought for sure they would move Jake to the high post (where he is still a definite scoring threat) and move Cubby and Baker to the low post creating a huge advantage down low.

 

I was very impressed by the gutsy play of Crowley, but was equally disappointed in the frequency that the Colonels let him wide open for a 3. He was their only legitimate scoring threat, I would have forced someone else to beat me.

 

Just so I don't seem to negative, I continue to be impressed by the play of Maschinot at point. With the exception of one ill advisded drive to the hoop, I thought he played an outstanding game. While Riedinger didn't play bad if he finds he regains his 3 point stroke it will take this team to a whole new level.

 

This team is very fun to watch even on off nights because of their "team" attitude and the way they seem to enjoy playing together.

 

 

 

:thumb:

 

I agree with you here. The Colonels did not shoot the ball as well as they have been lately. They missed a lot of shots they normally make, and to get zero points off the bench, is really not normal. But, as you say to get a W in a game where you are not playing your A game, against the Birds at their place, is great for this team. It could have easily turned into a loss.

 

BTW, I noticed Mash limping after game. I did not see what happened. Anyone see it?

This being the first time that I have gotten to see the Birds play this year, I must say that I was pleasantly surprised. Great crowd and atmosphere for a game and IMO the players fed off of that energy. Would be nice to see these type of crowds at all home games, but it will not happen because they do not play CovCath every night. Liked the uptempo style that Highlands employed which enabled them to get some nice easy shots and some open looks from 3. Overall good effort, heart and desire displayed by the Birds last night, but lets see if they can display those same qualities in games that are not against CovCath.

I was also very impressed the Birds stayed man-man the entire game with the size disadvantage, it showed alot of heart.

 

Just curious radio guy do you all archive your webcasts?

 

Every one of them are out there.

Don't believe everything you read in the Enquirer.....I was there! lol Ryan Egan is a very good shooter and a great kid, I agree that he needs to be a better offensive threat. I watched him last nite and he never seemed to be in the flow of the game....but, he is a spot -up shooter and New, Dean, & Lewis were simply running transition & slashing to the basket, a style contrary to where Egan fits best. I predict he will still have some big scoring nites....

 

Funny you should say that. In one picture it has Connelly from CCH and Crowley from HHS. They got the numbers mixed up and said it was Luke Turner and Nick Fredrick. I would have thought that the son of former Enquirer legend political writer Pat Crowley would have gotten more love.

I was also very impressed the Birds stayed man-man the entire game with the size disadvantage, it showed alot of heart.

 

Just curious radio guy do you all archive your webcasts?

 

It showed alot of heart but why? Everyone knows CovCath's strength is inside, they gave Jake Thelan 8 or 9 layups playing man to man. I thought he was going to have 40. Didn't make much sense to me.

Crowley with 6 treys...wow!!

 

Inexcusable.

BTW, I noticed Mash limping after game. I did not see what happened. Anyone see it?

 

He got kicked. I think it was Towles who was driving to the basket and Conner stepper in and forced Towles to pick up the ball. In doing so Towles' foot hit Conner in the foot or part of the lower leg.

He got kicked. I think it was Towles who was driving to the basket and Conner stepper in and forced Towles to pick up the ball. In doing so Towles' foot hit Conner in the foot or part of the lower leg.

 

Ok got it. Thanks. My hope was for a win, and all to come out healthy. Almost got both.

I don't have anything to add.

 

I just wanted to bump this thread to the top of the pile so I can continue to enjoy a CovCath win over Highlands.

I don't have anything to add.

 

I just wanted to bump this thread to the top of the pile so I can continue to enjoy a CovCath win over Highlands.

 

Love it Scout! :thumb: :lol:

From the Football thread. :

I just wanted to bump this thread back up to the top. I love when Highlands beats CovCath...:p:p:p

 

I think we have a full fledged bump-off going.

 

Highlands vs. Cov. Cath....priceless :clap:

I don't have anything to add.

 

I just wanted to bump this thread to the top of the pile so I can continue to enjoy a CovCath win over Highlands.

 

Now that's original.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.