Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Covington Catholic 61 Highlands 48

Featured Replies

If I'm Highlands administrators or Coach Flynn I make sure the CCH student section is NOT right behind the Highlands bench. Seems simple.

 

 

Yes that is the Highland bench in front of the crazies.

IMG_2841.jpg

  • Replies 73
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes that is the Highland bench in front of the crazies.

[ATTACH]33222[/ATTACH]

 

The Highlands player is now an honorary Crazy.

[ATTACH]33221[/ATTACH]

 

[ATTACH]33220[/ATTACH]

 

[ATTACH]33219[/ATTACH]

 

 

No way for Highlands players to block these high releases from CCH. It was money all night long.

BTW 48 points will be a big night for HHS next year.

Frosh game was CCH 41 HHS 40

Congrats to Covcath on the win. Sounds like I was way off in thinking this would be extremely one sided in CCH favor.

 

From what I gathered though, CCH made some free throws down the stretch to give you this final margin. Highlands had, I believe, a 15-12 lead in the second quarter and were only down 51-47 with 4 minutes to go? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

BTW 48 points will be a big night for HHS next year.

 

Not in football...lol

The Highlands player is now an honorary Crazy.

 

Funny but not true. Didnt really bother him being stuck there all night but he did say they were loud.

Funny but not true. Didnt really bother him being stuck there all night but he did say they were loud.

 

 

Unfortunate sprain, hope it heals quickly for this young dynamic player.

Congrats to Covcath on the win. Sounds like I was way off in thinking this would be extremely one sided in CCH favor.

 

From what I gathered though, CCH made some free throws down the stretch to give you this final margin. Highlands had, I believe, a 15-12 lead in the second quarter and were only down 51-47 with 4 minutes to go? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

 

Sounds right. I think HHS lead by 2 after one. At half CCH was up 10. It stayed there until about 3 minutes into the 4th. Nice run by Crowley got it down to 3. CCH then got it back up to 8 or 10 where it stayed. Someone will correct me if my memory is off. It wasn't a pretty game to watch.

Unfortunate sprain, hope it heals quickly for this young dynamic player.

 

Agreed. I thought the kid looked like he is/can be a strong PG for the Birds. Nice handle. I'm curious to know how much he's grown in height and weight since I saw him his frosh year.

First time seeing the CCH frosh this year. 2 players jumped out at me: Schult and the athletic guard. Good to see another Schult coming through the pipeline. One thing I would tell the guard is that you can't complain about every call. It doesn't help you or the team.

 

HHS PG has a strong handle and a nice 3 if he can get open. I would urge someone who is tight with him to tell him that his head-bobbing after he makes a play is unbecoming once muchless every time you make a good play. Just let your skills that you obviously have do your talking.

Birds started Crowley 6'3, New 5'10, Lewis 6'0, Egan 6'2 and Dean 5'8. CCH started Thelen 6'6, Baker 6'7, Connely 6'5, Maschinot 5'11 and Reidinger 6'2. Birds came out firing and passed the ball very well. They led 13-12 after the first qtr and hit a quick shot to go up 3. Then CCH made there run outscoring the Birds 17-6 in the qtr to take a 29-19 lead at the half. I thought the Birds played well at times in the 2nd half riding Crowleys hot hand. They cut it to 3 early in the 4th and missed a few Ft's as well. Alex Dean played well attacking from the PG position. The Birds lost control many times though playing helter skelter and could not stop Thelen. I think if Stewart plays and Crowley is hot like that the Birds win but we may never know. Towles battled the offensive glass but he wasnt expected to even play after being hooked up to an IV on Sunday due to a swollen throat. He just didnt have the energy to contest Thelen. For a while though in the 2nd half he did a nice job of pushing Jake out of the lane but Thelen is a load. Reidinger played well also nailing a couple big 3's and some late FT's. Outside of those two I was not overly impressed with the Colonels.

 

Great effort by the wounded Birds and huge crowd in the sweatbox.

Agreed. I thought the kid looked like he is/can be a strong PG for the Birds. Nice handle. I'm curious to know how much he's grown in height and weight since I saw him his frosh year.

 

Hes grown about 3 inches to 6'0 and put on 20 lbs to 165. He didnt get much of a chance tonight due to the sprain in the 1st qtr of the ugly JV game. Huge hands and feet so hoping for a few more inches.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.