Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry / Russell predictions

Who wins this one? 177 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

    • Belfry by 7 or more?
      37%
    • Belfry by 6 or less?
      12%
    • Russell by 7 or more?
      22%
    • Russell by 6 or less?
      26%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Take away the fumble before the half, (by the way I believe that fumble was actually caused by a Russell player). Take away the fumble on the end of the first drive of the 2nd half(And David Jones CAUSED that fumble with a wicked hit) And it is 21-12 Russell mid way through the third quarter. Very much a different game.

 

However, fumbles are part of the game and I have said all along Belfry was the better team. The only way Russell beats Belfry last year is if we had played an error free game.

 

But this is a different year. What's the overall record between these two history rich programs?

  • Replies 360
  • Views 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pal, I agree that this is a new year and 2 different teams that has nothing to do with this year's outcome. Except for a slight revenge factor that the kids from Russell might have. I am looking forward to a hard fought game between two tradition rich schools.

 

Me and you both. :thumb:

 

I think the only factor that matter to either one of these teams is a trip to Louisville, Dec. 3rd. :cool:;)

I don't know about a forfeit, but Russell got beat last year by a much better Belfry team. Call it what you want, but they got beat by 22 points (3 TDs, a two-point conversation, & 2 PATs).

 

Bottom line.....Belfry whipped them across the board. Russell coudln't wait to get off the field last year.

 

Again I say... :rolleyes:

 

I believe the arrogance of SOME Belfry fans on this site far outstrips that of the Russell fans.

Again I say... :rolleyes:

 

I believe the arrogance of SOME Belfry fans on this site far outstrips that of the Russell fans.

 

 

I'm not a Belfry fan. :rolleyes:

Again I say... :rolleyes:

 

I believe the arrogance of SOME Belfry fans on this site far outstrips that of the Russell fans.

 

 

This isn't about the arrogance of anyone, especially fans. It's about two high school football teams trying their best to keep playing football after Friday. Can we agree to leave it at that?

fans can say what they want but its all going to come down to who wants it more on friday. For the seniors this might be there last shot at ever playin this great game that we all love, called football.

 

I was able to talk to Matt before the Sheldon Clark game and he had the look in his eyes that he wasn't going to let his team walk away with anything except a victory. I really believe if he comes out with that same attitude and look in his eyes.. its Belfrys game by 12.

 

p.s to all you seniors I was on the field with you last year to lead you...Now its time to be men and step up and make us all proud. By #3

Can we please kill the "who wants it more" talk. Both teams want to win just as bad. What it all comes down to is who plays the best game on Friday. Last years game Belfry pulled away because of turnovers. That is not to say Belfry didn't have a part in causing them. Belfry played better football and won that game. No Russell didn't stop Belfry. But, Belfry never really stopped Russell either.

 

To this years game. The team that makes the fewest mistakes will win. I think Russell has played a tougher schedule than Belfry this year. Region 3 was much better than region 4. Russell has had some closer games where they had to find a way to win late in the ballgame. I don't believe Belfry has really been in that position this year.

It's not hard to break away from someone lying on the ground.. :sssh: :D;)

Do you think the guy just decided to lay down. :rolleyes:

 

He probably did. We know the offensive line couldn't have blocked, or that the RB couldn't have made a good move or broken a tackle. After all, he doesn't play for Belfry. That is the kind of thinly veiled shot that really is classless.

Do you think the guy just decided to lay down. :rolleyes:

 

He probably did. We know the offensive line couldn't have blocked, or that the RB couldn't have made a good move or broken a tackle. After all, he doesn't play for Belfry. That is the kind of thinly veiled shot that really is classless.

 

 

No joking allowed in this thread I see. :rolleyes:

 

I will be above the "classless" statement and just say...everyone needs to lighten up a little.

Reminder

 

No trash talking, personal attacks or anything of the sort.

 

Please keep the discussion civil and on topic.

 

Thanks.

Let's review the rules shall we?

 

2. No disparaging, taunting, or boastful comments especially between opponents trying to intimidate each other.

 

If you want to continue the trash talk, you will find yourself on the outside looking in. I would strongly suggest that some of you get yourselves under control so that you don't find yourselves suspended right in the middle of the playoffs.

I think the pressure is on Russell to prove that they can play and beat a good Belfry team. The Belfry kids have experienced the thrill of victory and I'm sure they would very much like to have that feeling again this year. They are well coached and play a very physical game. I think the Devils have the athletes to play with Belfry this year and very possibly defeat them. It may take getting a few breaks with the ball bouncing in our favor as we certainly didn't get that benefit last year. Factor in a home field advantage and I believe you have the recipe for a Red Devil win.

Belfry wins.

 

Belfry - 34

Russell - 22

 

My pick.

Belfry will win.....they like how it feels to be State Champs and they will want it again!!

Russell wins, RUSSELL WINS by 14. pick it 14-0 or 28-14, but by 14.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.