Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry / Russell predictions

Who wins this one? 177 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

    • Belfry by 7 or more?
      37%
    • Belfry by 6 or less?
      12%
    • Russell by 7 or more?
      22%
    • Russell by 6 or less?
      26%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

When was Belfry's last trip to Russell?

  • Replies 360
  • Views 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am so pumped for this game. This is going to be a great ballgame

Does anyone know if we can buy our tickets here or do we have to pay at the gate?

Belfry will win.....they like how it feels to be State Champs and they will want it again!!

 

The last time I saw a "guaranteed win or will win" was Russell against Ashland. Ashlandtomcat41 "AK Broadway Joe" guaranteed a win. Well you know the result.

 

Good luck to both teams.

Does anyone know if we can buy our tickets here or do we have to pay at the gate?

 

Call your High School Athletic Director he os she should know if Russell sent any tickets to Belfry. Either way it's no problem. Russell has plenty of seating on the visitors side. I do not recall it ever being full for a football game. Now watch it will be standing room only. I sure hope so.

Call your High School Athletic Director he os she should know if Russell sent any tickets to Belfry. Either way it's no problem. Russell has plenty of seating on the visitors side. I do not recall it ever being full for a football game. Now watch it will be standing room only. I sure hope so.

 

I wouldn't be surprised if it was full, but in addition to 1500-2000

(my estimate) visitors seats, there is plenty of room to stand. As it

has been expressed on this thread before, the seating capacity at

Russell is 5000, and I am sure you could cram another 500-1000 fans

between the two grand stands, this all in addition to the fact that, if

necessary, fans can stand around the track, on the hill in the east end

zone, and on the terrace behind the scoreboard.

Seems these two are making this an annual meeting. Good luck to both and no predictions.

The stadium will hold all the fans that show up. In '83 the Devils hosted Boyd County when Russell was ranked 4th in 3A and Boyd was 3rd in 4A. I recall over 10,000 people and at the time it was a record attendance. It may still be. Lots of seating for both sides and lots of standing room. It's not quite as cozy as Putnam Stadium in Ashland but it will hold a bunch of people. Not enough bathroom space, though. I love it when two strong programs with 2 well-respected coaches meet up. It will be a great football game.

Call your High School Athletic Director he os she should know if Russell sent any tickets to Belfry. Either way it's no problem. Russell has plenty of seating on the visitors side. I do not recall it ever being full for a football game. Now watch it will be standing room only. I sure hope so.

 

 

In 1981, it was full when Russell hosted Ironton. So was the entire hillside and the open endzone. I heard the figure was somewhere around 7000 people there.

 

And I do the tickets are selling fast. I expect this place to be packed.

The bathroom space is a problem. It would be nice if Russell rented some porta-johns for this game.

How many BGP people are coming to the game Friday night?

How many BGP people are coming to the game Friday night?

I am coming out!!!!!!!! GO Devils :dancingpa

How many BGP people are coming to the game Friday night?

 

I believe that the accepted term is BGP-ers ;)

 

I should be there with a few folks from across the river if all works out. :ylsuper:

I am coming out!!!!!!!! GO Devils :dancingpa

 

 

:laugh: :D :sssh:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.