Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Well I guess Marvin is gone

Featured Replies

I was against bringing him back, but now I'm on board with him getting a new deal, assuming it means his demands are met. Also would hope it means Brat is gone as well.

 

I would say that's part of the package that Marvin in wanting; to get rid of Brat.

  • Replies 63
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now looks likely that Marvin will return as coach...

Marvin's record is 60-66-1 in eight season. For any other organization I would say that is terrible BUT given the circumstances of who Marvin has to answer to (Mikey) how could one not say that was better than expected? I'm a Bengals fan and want to see a consistent winner BUT every Bengals fan knows with Mike Brown making the decisions and stroking the checks thats a tough challenge. Marvin has done a good job and if he gets what he wants I expect success soon. Looking at who we play next year I can see an 11 win season. I have my fingers crossed that Mike Brown will swallow his pride and do the right thing. TRUST MARVIN !

If hiring Marvin means no more Bratkowski, I can't see who would be against him staying.

Any way Brian Billick takes an O-Coord position anywhere in the NFL?

Any way Brian Billick takes an O-Coord position anywhere in the NFL?

 

I'd be shocked to see him come back as anything but a head coach.

Marvin's record is 60-66-1 in eight season. For any other organization I would say that is terrible BUT given the circumstances of who Marvin has to answer to (Mikey) how could one not say that was better than expected? I'm a Bengals fan and want to see a consistent winner BUT every Bengals fan knows with Mike Brown making the decisions and stroking the checks thats a tough challenge. Marvin has done a good job and if he gets what he wants I expect success soon. Looking at who we play next year I can see an 11 win season. I have my fingers crossed that Mike Brown will swallow his pride and do the right thing. TRUST MARVIN !

 

It's another case where we do not compare the Bengals to the rest of the league, but to the organization itself. And in that comparison, Marvin is the best coach this team had had for a long time.

I'd be shocked to see him come back as anything but a head coach.

 

Me too. I think former SB champoion head coach means you don't take any other role than head coach or GM.

Me too. I think former SB champoion head coach means you don't take any other role than head coach or GM.

 

..especially when you've got a nice comfy talking head gig.

They are saying on the radio that Marvin is coming back and things should be worked out in 24 hrs. :scared:

WillAnderson79

 

Bengals and Marvin Lewis have met Twice! Still no Deal on table! Only He and The Bengals Family know what's going on!

Is there a time table on when a deal could get done?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5987400

 

The Bengals expect coach Marvin Lewis now will remain in Cincinnati, a team source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

 

The two sides expect to resolve any issues within the next 24 hours.

 

On Monday, Lewis told owner Mike Brown what needs to change for him to consider staying in Cincinnati, where he's had two winning records in eight seasons. The Bengals completed their worst season under Lewis, finishing 4-12 with a loss in Baltimore on Sunday.

 

Lewis: Marriage of Convenience

 

Walker In the end, neither the Bengals nor Marvin Lewis can do better, and that's the reason both parties are expected to extend their sometimes tenuous marriage, James Walker writes. Blog

 

Neither Lewis nor Brown would discuss their meeting. Brown said through a team spokesman that a resolution could come as soon as Tuesday.

 

Lewis wants changes in how the organization operates, including more control over roster decisions. He also has lobbied years for a covered practice field -- the Bengals are the only northern NFL team without one. Lewis turned down an extension last season, saying their differences had to be resolved before he would agree to stay.

AdamSchefter

 

Lewis left the Bengals complex when the two sides could not agree on franchise's direction and his future there is in serious jeopardy.

bradjohansen

 

Bengals and Marvin Lewis have taken a break in talks today but both sides tell me it doesn't mean they won't talk again today.

 

joereedy

 

Lewis is out of the building but talks may resume at sometime today. Still might be a decision today.Status remains very fluid. #bengals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.