Who are the best freshmen in KY?

Not a bad list above but Martin has to be top 10 without a doubt. i like Snider as the top player but Davis as the top prospect in the class. Craig Owens Trinity, Chris Roberts Franklin County, Charles Snoop Johnson Lafayette and Dylan Portwood, Christen Cunningham and Trenton Gilbert of Scott County are all pretty good. I know Moss in Bowling Green had a couple of real good 8th graders last year. Not sure if they are making impact this year.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a bad list above but Martin has to be top 10 without a doubt. i like Snider as the top player but Davis as the top prospect in the class. Craig Owens Trinity, Chris Roberts Franklin County, Charles Snoop Johnson Lafayette and Dylan Portwood, Christen Cunningham and Trenton Gilbert of Scott County are all pretty good. I know Moss in Bowling Green had a couple of real good 8th graders last year. Not sure if they are making impact this year.

Yep, forgot about Martin (Ballard right?) and the Scott Co boys. I have heard other good things about the Owens kid from Trinity and Snoop Johnson at Lafayette.

In Northern Kentucky, it's Hatton and then the rest.

I'm curious, is Hatton physically (mature) and skillwise superior to the present NoKy freshmen class???

Do you think that he will remain far superior to this class for the next four years???

After seeing Hatton a few times this year Im impressed by his size and strength....but how much weight has this KID put on. He almost looks a bit over weight.

Who are you looking at? This kid may be over weight because he is 6'1" and like 185 punds. But he is one of the most fit and most athletically built kids on the court. You must be looking at someone else.

After seeing Hatton a few times this year Im impressed by his size and strength....but how much weight has this KID put on. He almost looks a bit over weight.

I would have to disagree about appearing a little overweight. Hatton has actually only put on about ten pounds since last season. He has put on inches but not much weight. He is a very solid built kid. He is broad built, but doesnt appear to me to be overweight.

My top 10.

1. Quentin Snyder- Ballard

2. Brandon Hatton- Dixie Heights

3. Jackson Davis- Lafayette

4. Jordan Green- Henry Clay

5. Trey Grundy- Henry Clay

6. D'Angelo Russell- Central

7. Zach McNeil- Walton Verona

8. Shane Hall- Johson Central

9. Jalen Avery- Cov Holy Cross

10. Nick True- Highlands

Good list but I would switch Hatton and Snyder. These boys are both extremely talented, however I have seen them play many times especially during the summer AAU and Hatton has a certain edge over Snyder. It is a tough call but I would place Hatton as 1 and Snyder as 2

One of the best freshmen in Eastern Kentucky would have to be Justin Johnson from Sheldon Clark. The kid pulled down 19 rebounds against Bowling Green and Chane Behanan in the Republic Bank Classic at Lexington Catholic. The kid is only 14 years old and could be something special by the time he is finished.

Just wondering how many of the top ten freshmen listed have been held back in school ?
To me it doesn't matter, they are frosh and thats all there is to it. As long as they will be eligible their senior year to me there is no issue on it, they are frosh ;) Edited by SportsGuy41017