North Carolina 30 Tennessee 27 - 2OT

DragonFire

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From my comments in the update thread, I'm serious as a heart attack, there needs to be a rule change regarding the ending of regulation. How do you reward North Carolina for snapping the ball intentionally with too many men on the field? They totally screwed up running the play they did at the end, and had the wrong personnel running onto the field, so they just snap the ball with what looked to be 15-16 guys on the field. The kicker and holder were directly behind the QB when he snapped it. I'm not even a UT fan, but they got HOSED.

I agree but UT imo had the thing won and similar to their game earlier with LSU the Vols "snatched defeat from the jaws of victory". They had a stupid spearing PF call that was obvious, that placed UNC 15yds closer for that FG attempt. UT also got a roughing th kicker penalty that moved UNC up half the distance tothe goal to start the first ot. UT also imo could had been flagged for more PF.late hits but they didn't.

You are imo right about the call/lack there of at the end of regulation and I was just saying that UT certainly should have had the game won a few times and didn't get it done.

I kept saying just spike the ball and take the 5 yds! What a crazy game! Ugly game too. Those two were like watching paint dry but physical. Tenn has a nice QB to build around next few years. Great to see Stocker come up big in the clutch!

:D and nevermind the fact that UT got away with all the saluting business all night. The more deserving team won. UT SR's, go ahead and keep your orange jerseys, you'll need that color where most of you are going :lol:

Wait are they going to prison or to pick up trash on the side of the road or both?

And has there ever been a bigger crybaby of a coach than Dooley? Every time they lose he's crying on the podium. How about this coach?: You're defense let a team go from their 20 yard line all the way down to get a FG, all in under 39 seconds. Stupid penalties, blown coverage, lack of execution. To me UT lost this game more than UNC won it.

And has there ever been a bigger crybaby of a coach than Dooley? Every time they lose he's crying on the podium. How about this coach?: You're defense let a team go from their 20 yard line all the way down to get a FG, all in under 39 seconds. Stupid penalties, blown coverage, lack of execution. To me UT lost this game more than UNC won it.

Agreed.

Just saw the non-call late hit that some on here believe was "blocked" into, yea right, blatant late hit and they are still saying that shoulda been called

He obviously tripped after being pushed and fell onto the guy, no penalty warranted. I guess a penalty could have been called on UNC since their player pushed him after the play. I find it hard to believe that I am taking up for UT, especially since I was calling for a late hit until I saw the replay.