North Carolina 30 Tennessee 27 - 2OT

DragonFire

From my comments in the update thread, I'm serious as a heart attack, there needs to be a rule change regarding the ending of regulation. How do you reward North Carolina for snapping the ball intentionally with too many men on the field? They totally screwed up running the play they did at the end, and had the wrong personnel running onto the field, so they just snap the ball with what looked to be 15-16 guys on the field. The kicker and holder were directly behind the QB when he snapped it. I'm not even a UT fan, but they got HOSED.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

UT got away with a late hit the play before the draw, so I consider it karma and things balancing out! I LOVE to see UT lose!

Looked to me like he was blocked into him. He might have rolled with it once he felt the shove from behind, but he definitely was contacted.

UT got away with a late hit the play before the draw, so I consider it karma and things balancing out! I LOVE to see UT lose!

Replay showed he was clearly knocked down into the guy. Bob Davie had to see that on replay, but would not comment on it.

My boys got hosed big time.

This Tennessee team choked for a second time this season. Only a poorly coached team could lose both the LSU and UNC bowl game like UT did this year. If I were a betting man I would bet on Dooley not making it very long at UT.

Just saw the non-call late hit that some on here believe was "blocked" into, yea right, blatant late hit and they are still saying that shoulda been called

Tennessee's typical thugery (is that a word?) tonight was sickening.

Just saw the non-call late hit that some on here believe was "blocked" into, yea right, blatant late hit and they are still saying that shoulda been called

As I said, there was contact. Did he roll with it from there? Yeah, probably. But there was a block (no need for the quotes, you're just kidding yourself if you think there wasn't anything), and that's what the refs went with.

Mark May was saying it should have been called. Whoever the other guy was made a little aside as they moved to the next clip saying that #49 might have had something to do with it.

Who is to say that UNC wouldn't have had the same stupidity if they were 15 yards closer? They probably still run some sort of a play. They thought they were safe with the one they ran in the first place. Without the timeouts and the absolute chaos, they had no grip on the situation.

This Tennessee team choked for a second time this season. Only a poorly coached team could lose both the LSU and UNC bowl game like UT did this year. If I were a betting man I would bet on Dooley not making it very long at UT.

Good chance, but it is his first year. If they have a season anything like this next year, his seat will definitely be hot.