Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Newport Central Catholic 55 Holmes 53

Featured Replies

I wasn't comparing Geisler to Doellman or Brock...there is no comparison. I watched Geisler last yr and the game last night against Holmes and he didn't look athletic to me. He looks like a big & strong body, smart kid who knows his strength is to stay around the basket on offense and defense. You have your opinion and other people have theirs.

 

We've already been through the "who's athletic" debate and it appears to be a personal opinion. IMO just because you're skinny, quick and can jump out the gym it doesn't make you more athletic than big, strong, post player with quick footwork. It's just a different skill-set but still athletic enough for me. I'll take the athletic guy who gets it done close to the basket before the other. JMO.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We've already been through the "who's athletic" debate and it appears to be a personal opinion. IMO just because you're skinny, quick and can jump out the gym it doesn't make you more athletic than big, strong, post player with quick footwork. It's just a different skill-set but still athletic enough for me. I'll take the athletic guy who gets it done close to the basket before the other. JMO.

 

Very good point, LTG.

Add me too. Coach Brannen said in our pregame interview that Jake still doesn't have his "basketball legs" yet. Kid's averaging 24 points a game and doesn't have his legs yet?? Sounds a bit athletic to me. Again, just my opinion.

I don't think he is athletic...just big and stays underneath the basket

 

Yes and he started for EKU. Also the Highlands kid that played for LSU and Vandy.

Yes and he started for EKU. Also the Highlands kid that played for LSU and Vandy.

 

Oh the Kentucky high school player of the year Ross Neltner.

Votel, Kiernan and McDole were much more athletic in my opinion.

All you guys kill me. For one, I never saw Brock and Doellman play in t he 9th.

 

Maybe the worst come back in the history of BGP. Very funny.

Maybe the worst come back in the history of BGP. Very funny.
Hey Big Shot, my original comment was he's the most athletic big man I can remember. Since I did not see them play in the 9th, I guess that means I can't remember them.
Add me too. Coach Brannen said in our pregame interview that Jake still doesn't have his "basketball legs" yet. Kid's averaging 24 points a game and doesn't have his legs yet?? Sounds a bit athletic to me. Again, just my opinion.

 

Very good opinion too. Giesler is very athletic and a very good big man. He is averaging about 22 rebounds a game also. I know the kid personally. He works his tail off and is a winner. Here's hope that he is POY in NKY. There is a reason he also won the sportsmanship award. Great kid!

Votel, Kiernan and McDole were much more athletic in my opinion.

 

Any of those guys make All State first team in football, too?

Hey Big Shot, my original comment was he's the most athletic big man I can remember. Since I did not see them play in the 9th, I guess that means I can't remember them.

 

Must we really resort to name calling to defend the one of the worst come backs in BGP history?

 

I totally understand your argument, however, I just find the Alzheimer's come back a very poor attempt to save face, but if it works for you then have at it. I did find it very entertaining and funny. :D

Must we really resort to name calling to defend the one of the worst come backs in BGP history?

 

I totally understand your argument, however, I just find the Alzheimer's come back a very poor attempt to save face, but if it works for you then have at it. I did find it very entertaining and funny. :D

Swear on my voice that I never one time saw Justin Doellman or Brock play a high school game. As I said, I had other things to do. Saw one CovCath game the year they went to the semi finals of the state in 2004. Ran girls baskeball at St. Pius, had 2 kids playing ball and did PA for Thomas More. No face to save. I 100% stand by what I said about Geisler. The kid is athletic. I am funny, but you're way off on this one.

So Jake Giesler is just a big kid that hangs around the basket, the NCC gaurds are not skilled, or fast enough to play with Laffette, Holmes, or Fern Creek's, then the fowards on NCC's team must be superstars. Congratulations to NCC's TEAM, and coaches on winning the LIT.

Very good opinion too. Giesler is very athletic and a very good big man. He is averaging about 22 rebounds a game also. I know the kid personally. He works his tail off and is a winner. Here's hope that he is POY in NKY. There is a reason he also won the sportsmanship award. Great kid!

 

Are you sure he's averaging 22 rebounds per game?

Any of those guys make All State first team in football, too?

 

Kiernan did, and McDole was GLVC conference player of the year in baseball.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.