Here we go...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what he said and like that he is the first player in how many years to actually come out and stand up and say it. Until changes are made, it is the same result (minus the lucky year they had last year) year after year. I think it is refreshing to have a player actually come out and speak his mind. It beats the same stuff that comes from Marvin Lewis and Carson Palmer week after week about how we just need to find a way to get better. It stinks being a Cincinnati Bengals fan, they make you garner a losing mentality! Like Chad Johnson said he is so numb to the losing that he is used to it. Just like us Bengals fans, we are so numb to the losing that we accept it and most will be back next year hoping for a winner. Until major changes are made, starting at the top, it will be the same thing over and over, no matter how many new coaches are brought in. I like that he is willing to come out and say this stuff knowing that he is going to get bashed for saying it. I hope, but know it will not happen, that more players follow his lead. Losers garner a losing mentality and I think that 95% of this roster and the city has got that losers mentality already. What would the fans of New England and Pittsburgh do if the Bengals were their hometown team? I can assure you that the situation would not be the same as it is now here in Cincinnati. Mike Brown plays the game and we as fans are his pawns, until that changes, why would he change anything?

I don't take any issue at all with what TO said. Someone needs to be saying it.

This causes concern for me...

"I'm not sure why we're 2-11 this year," Ochocinco said. "But the thing with me is I've become numb to the situation of losing, being that I've lost for such a long time that I have not been able to point the finger on what it really is."

Never want to hear that from a player...its sad.

This team is 2-11 for a reason. They have the players, so then logically the coaches are to blame. I applaud T.O. for saying it, as others have mentioned already. Owens is often running his flap and crying wolf so sometimes you have to take what he says with a grain of salt, but in this instance I think he's spot on..

It is not that it was wrong in what he said, but it simply looks bad when Terrell does this given his history. This is his M.O. Things go bad, fingers get pointed. You know what you sign up for. I am not saying Owens is the reason the Bengals are underachieving - as he has had a good season - but the fact of the matter is Cincy made one huge Free Agent acquisition in the off-season and predominately kept last year's team in tact which swept through the division. His presence was not needed in Bengal land, imo.

It is not that it was wrong in what he said, but it simply looks bad when Terrell does this given his history. This is his M.O. Things go bad, fingers get pointed. You know what you sign up for. I am not saying Owens is the reason the Bengals are underachieving - as he has had a good season - but the fact of the matter is Cincy made one huge Free Agent acquisition in the off-season and predominately kept last year's team in tact which swept through the division. His presence was not needed in Bengal land, imo.

There was a cry out to get Ocho some help to get open along with other receivers. They got what they wanted.

The offense has been terrible but this year the defense has been hit with more injuries than I can remember. The defense was a big part of last years sweep through the division.

The Bengals are weak in the trenches. Unlike his father, Mike Brown does not understand football. Paul Brown knew to be successful the o line and d line had to be good. Until we get someone making the decisions who understand that we will always be wannabe's ! Just my opinion...

I believe too many of these players are bungalized, just like the fans of Cincinnati. If you constantly lose you get used to it and accept it. Until something is done at the top, nothing will ever change. Sure they may have a good year every once in a while, but this organization is not built to sustain things over the long haul and never will until things change. They are going to have a new coach next year and he will just be another pawn of Mike Brown's.

The Bengals are weak in the trenches. Unlike his father, Mike Brown does not understand football. Paul Brown knew to be successful the o line and d line had to be good. Until we get someone making the decisions who understand that we will always be wannabe's ! Just my opinion...

And you are dead on with your opinion. The old man's 1st pick for the expansion Bengals was a center.

I believe too many of these players are bungalized, just like the fans of Cincinnati. If you constantly lose you get used to it and accept it. Until something is done at the top, nothing will ever change. Sure they may have a good year every once in a while, but this organization is not built to sustain things over the long haul and never will until things change. They are going to have a new coach next year and he will just be another pawn of Mike Brown's.

In Chicago they used to refer to it as "Cubness"