December 14, 201015 yr Love that he stuck it to the Yankees. Way to go Yankee fans, spit on someones wife again. Because nothing like that could ever happen in Philadelphia if he starts out 1-4. Great signing by the Phillies.
December 14, 201015 yr Is this the best rotation in the history of baseball on paper? Maddox Glavine Smoltz
December 14, 201015 yr Braves will be playing for the Wild Card the next 6 years. Yeah, I was basically just thinking "Oh crud" when I saw this. I miss the days when it was the Braves making these moves.
December 14, 201015 yr I am not as pro Cliff Lee as most people out there. He has made a name for himself off two great postseasons - until this year's World Series - and two really good years in Cleveland. His regular season numbers are not that impressive relative to what he is getting paid, he will be 32 with some lingering back issues, and still has that mysterious Minor League stint that I cannot get out of my head. I am not saying he is terrible or that this was not a good signing though.
December 14, 201015 yr Boston won't get past the Rays, just like last year. So finishing 3rd is fine with the Yanks...If you say so.
December 14, 201015 yr Man, the city of cincy needs to start going to some games so they can turn into the big money spenders. Must be nice.. Congrats to them though, the phillies should have a memorable season. I do think that they will have to battle through some injuries, but when it all shakes out they will be good to go for the playoffs. They can still be beat though, it just won't be easy.
December 14, 201015 yr Braves need to make a move bad. Phillies have the best rotation, on paper, in baseball right now. They have the experience and talent to capture the division in August. I'd like to see the Braves go after Grienke or a big bat because the offseason thus far hasn't been enough to keep up with the Phillies.
December 14, 201015 yr ^I'm shocked! I was totally expecting to open this up and see you trying to rationalize how the Braves rotation is still every bit as good as the Phillies... (just giving ya a hard time SV)
December 14, 201015 yr Boston won't get past the Rays, just like last year. The Rays aren't going to lose Crawford, Pena, Soriano and possibly Garza and beat the Yankees or Red Sox. If the Red Sox stay healthy they have the best team in the AL East. They won 89 games last season and their players lost more games to the DL than any team in baseball.
December 14, 201015 yr The Rays aren't going to lose Crawford, Pena, Soriano and possibly Garza and beat the Yankees or Red Sox. If the Red Sox stay healthy they have the best team in the AL East. They won 89 games last season and their players lost more games to the DL than any team in baseball.Pena won't be a significant loss ... the Rays should be able find someone better. I agree on Crawford and Soriano, not to mention Benoit and the rest of the bullpen.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.