Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Jones going to work at CBSSports.com full time.

Featured Replies

And apparently Ole Miss fans. :lol:

 

No his constant assualt on Michael Oher during the Bledsoe deal last summer is what got under my skin. The cases weren't even remotely close. Telling the NCAA yoru situation and lying to them about it are completely different.

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Doesn't matter what any of us think, CBS obviously saw something and for someone that started a blog 5 years ago to turn it in to a radio show, a tv show and now a spot at cbs, that is pretty amazing.

 

I'll agree completely with that, it's a very good accomplishment when you consaider lots of people with journalism degrees even on the masters level work their whole lives and can't get to a spot as popular as that.

  • Author
I'll agree completely with that, it's a very good accomplishment when you consaider lots of people with journalism degrees even on the masters level work their whole lives and can't get to a spot as popular as that.

 

A lot of things obviously went right for him. The biggest aspect I guess was just having the guts to try it. Most of us play it safe.

That said I would love to hear GT's take on this..

 

Fail...

I like the guy. I like his style. Has a fun show.

 

Gave something a shot that didn't work. I wouldn't call that "fail." If so, we've all failed.

I like the guy. I like his style. Has a fun show.

 

Gave something a shot that didn't work. I wouldn't call that "fail." If so, we've all failed.

 

His history in radio would also be considered a fail given that he has been fired multiple times at stations where he was working for free. That's nearly impossible to do in the radio industry. He's even more brutal on TV.

 

He did find his niche with KSR. Hate the attempts to be "mainstream" and I won't even begin to touch on his disaster that was/is covering recruiting, but as an off the cuff, nonsensical site covering UK it works well.

 

He did represent his segment of the UK fan base well as a national guy. He didn't care what was happening anywhere in the country outside of Lexington unless it was taking shots at UL.

 

Failed at law. Failed multiple times on radio. Failed as a national basketball guy. Success with KSR. That about sums it up...

His history in radio would also be considered a fail given that he has been fired multiple times at stations where he was working for free. That's nearly impossible to do in the radio industry. He's even more brutal on TV.

 

He did find his niche with KSR. Hate the attempts to be "mainstream" and I won't even begin to touch on his disaster that was/is covering recruiting, but as an off the cuff, nonsensical site covering UK it works well.

 

He did represent his segment of the UK fan base well as a national guy. He didn't care what was happening anywhere in the country outside of Lexington unless it was taking shots at UL.

 

Failed at law. Failed multiple times on radio. Failed as a national basketball guy. Success with KSR. That about sums it up...

 

I get it. You don't like that guy. Cool.

 

However, don't lose your credibility by saying he failed at law. He graduated from Duke Law, got a great gig and then discovered it wasn't for him. That's failing at law? Come on.

 

He took a shot at writing at a national site and it didn't work. If we are calling writers/media people that have been fired failures then some of our more popular writers and media guys are failures.

 

Why are we hating on a guy that takes a chance and tries to do what we would all want to do? You're in the field. You know how tough it is. He has a very popular website and a solid radio show. That's a failure?

 

Come on.

I get it. You don't like that guy. Cool.

 

However, don't lose your credibility by saying he failed at law. He graduated from Duke Law, got a great gig and then discovered it wasn't for him. That's failing at law? Come on.

 

He took a shot at writing at a national site and it didn't work. If we are calling writers/media people that have been fired failures then some of our more popular writers and media guys are failures.

 

Why are we hating on a guy that takes a chance and tries to do what we would all want to do? You're in the field. You know how tough it is. He has a very popular website and a solid radio show. That's a failure?

 

Come on.

 

I've been around the guy enough to know outside of the KSR schtick he is a phony. Props for said KSR schtick, but it is what it is. He is a known phony when it comes to subscribing to all of the pay sites and reporting their hard work as "a source tells me". He has gone on the record saying he has no problem doing so to bring "down" the pay sites because he doesn't charge for KSR.

 

So yes, as someone in the business I have no problem calling him out for being the fraud he is. No problem at all. So if you want to call out my "credibility" for having an issue with someone that has no problem cheating my profession have at it. I doubt you support Ed Dougnahy. Just sayin'.

 

And for the record his law practice failed. That's when he cut ties with law and focused on being "famous" as a national basketball guy...

I've been around the guy enough to know outside of the KSR schtick he is a phony. Props for said KSR schtick, but it is what it is. He is a known phony when it comes to subscribing to all of the pay sites and reporting their hard work as "a source tells me". He has gone on the record saying he has no problem doing so to bring "down" the pay sites because he doesn't charge for KSR.

 

So yes, as someone in the business I have no problem calling him out for being the fraud he is. No problem at all. So if you want to call out my "credibility" for having an issue with someone that has no problem cheating my profession have at it. I doubt you support Ed Dougnahy. Just sayin'.

 

And for the record his law practice failed. That's when he cut ties with law and focused on being "famous" as a national basketball guy...

 

I'll go on record for taking this as the gospel.

I think he is an intelligent man, and very entertaining to those interested in his content. I look forward to seeing what direction he will go as a national journalist.

I've been around the guy enough to know outside of the KSR schtick he is a phony. Props for said KSR schtick, but it is what it is. He is a known phony when it comes to subscribing to all of the pay sites and reporting their hard work as "a source tells me". He has gone on the record saying he has no problem doing so to bring "down" the pay sites because he doesn't charge for KSR.

 

So yes, as someone in the business I have no problem calling him out for being the fraud he is. No problem at all. So if you want to call out my "credibility" for having an issue with someone that has no problem cheating my profession have at it. I doubt you support Ed Dougnahy. Just sayin'.

 

And for the record his law practice failed. That's when he cut ties with law and focused on being "famous" as a national basketball guy...

 

Well said sir

I've been around the guy enough to know outside of the KSR schtick he is a phony. Props for said KSR schtick, but it is what it is. He is a known phony when it comes to subscribing to all of the pay sites and reporting their hard work as "a source tells me". He has gone on the record saying he has no problem doing so to bring "down" the pay sites because he doesn't charge for KSR.

 

So yes, as someone in the business I have no problem calling him out for being the fraud he is. No problem at all. So if you want to call out my "credibility" for having an issue with someone that has no problem cheating my profession have at it. I doubt you support Ed Dougnahy. Just sayin'.

 

And for the record his law practice failed. That's when he cut ties with law and focused on being "famous" as a national basketball guy...

Met him a few times, I agree with your opinion! I now avoid him any time I see him!
I've been around the guy enough to know outside of the KSR schtick he is a phony. Props for said KSR schtick, but it is what it is. He is a known phony when it comes to subscribing to all of the pay sites and reporting their hard work as "a source tells me". He has gone on the record saying he has no problem doing so to bring "down" the pay sites because he doesn't charge for KSR.

 

So yes, as someone in the business I have no problem calling him out for being the fraud he is. No problem at all. So if you want to call out my "credibility" for having an issue with someone that has no problem cheating my profession have at it. I doubt you support Ed Dougnahy. Just sayin'.

 

And for the record his law practice failed. That's when he cut ties with law and focused on being "famous" as a national basketball guy...

 

Spot on GT. The Kentucky thing works, because it is Kentucky. Now he wil have to go to work and not pander to an already sold audience. We will see how it works out. Kudos to him for acquiring the position.

He may be a donkey and a fraud but moving on up is something he achieved and in business you gotta sell yourself. He obviously sold himself to someone and now all the haters are sucking on sour grapes. He's a cheeseball , I will agree, but you gotta resper what he achieved. Should be interesting to see how the National audience accepts him.

Should be interesting to see how the National audience accepts him.

 

They didn't which is why he is no longer working for CBS...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.