Matt Jones going to work at CBSSports.com full time.

FormerCawoodTrojan

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally have done a full 180 on Jones and KSR. I don't read the site with any regularity and the only podcast I've listened to in a long time was the one with Cousins on it. I still follow Drew Franklin on Twitter but even he doesn't seem to have the appeal to me he once did.

Having met Jones several times around town I can say he isn't really someone I'd want to hang out with unless forced to. Also, I'll take GT's word on the recruiting stuff.

Having said all that, I can't deny that what he does on KSR is good and KSR as a whole is probably a good thing for a fan base as rabid as the Big Blue Nation. Plus I wouldn't call him as a whole a failure. He seems to take risks and pursue dreams though sometimes they don't work out for him. But his radio show is pretty successful I believe and KSR is wildly successful for what it is.

GT,

I have to ask, why did you wait until after he parted ways with CBS to comment?

Was kind of surprised I didn't comment in the thread when I searched for it. December was a crazy time with the little one, in laws in town and in full swing of UC coverage so I guess I either missed it or just browsed past it at the time. Too bad because I could have had an "I told you so" moment yesterday... :lol:

Was kind of surprised I didn't comment in the thread when I searched for it. December was a crazy time with the little one, in laws in town and in full swing of UC coverage so I guess I either missed it or just browsed past it at the time. Too bad because I could have had an "I told you so" moment yesterday... :lol:
:lol: :lol:

Not surprising to me that Jones' dive into the national scene failed. It's certainly not his cup of tea & he alluded to that even while he was doing it (such as saying he was writing an article on such-and-such school & how he admittedly knew nothing about such-and-such school). I'm thinking CBS took a chance on him because they thought he would bring the BBN with him. And while I think many fans did follow Matt's stuff on CBS, it just wasn't enough to justify a pairing that wasn't compatible.

I don't know much about Jones' history. I've followed the KSR radio show faithfully since early December. They seldom fail to entertain me; nor do they fail to often times inform me (accurately, I might add). Some of the reason I enjoy the radio show is Jones, but I also enjoy the callers (Fake Lou Holtz, Fake Barney, Fake David Beckham, Nate, Chester to name my top five). I also like how they discuss all things UK basketball, sometimes football, & then other times they just allow the discussion to go where it goes (Saved By The Bell, Conway Twitty songs, guilty pleasure songs, etc.). As for the blog, it is entertaining because of what it claims to be (UK news brought in the most ridiculous manner possible).

It's evident that my man GT isn't a fan of Jones. I have another friend who once did some recruiting/scouting stuff (with Maggard, but he's no longer doing it). He shares GT's feelings about Jones. I trust both my friend & GT. Neither have ever steered me the wrong way & both have been more than informative (and accurate) about recruiting/scouting tidbits.

So I might be one of those rare people on here who is a big fan of both GT & Matt Jones. In their own respective ways, they provide me with the entertainment & insider info that I'm looking for.

So CBS let Jones go already, or is he back at KSR? I'm not following the conversation very well. Seems real quick to be let go by CBS already.

He's no longer with CBS. Never really left KSR in the first place. Just turned over the full-time blogging duties to Thomas Beisner. As I understand, Beisner will still oversee the blog while Jones continues the radio show, TV thing, & then will write a little more on the website.

I've been around the guy enough to know outside of the KSR schtick he is a phony. Props for said KSR schtick, but it is what it is. He is a known phony when it comes to subscribing to all of the pay sites and reporting their hard work as "a source tells me". He has gone on the record saying he has no problem doing so to bring "down" the pay sites because he doesn't charge for KSR.

So yes, as someone in the business I have no problem calling him out for being the fraud he is. No problem at all. So if you want to call out my "credibility" for having an issue with someone that has no problem cheating my profession have at it. I doubt you support Ed Dougnahy. Just sayin'.

And for the record his law practice failed. That's when he cut ties with law and focused on being "famous" as a national basketball guy...

I stand corrected, and I apologize.....obviously GT has his fingers on the pulse of this.

So CBS let Jones go already, or is he back at KSR? I'm not following the conversation very well. Seems real quick to be let go by CBS already.

Jones explained on the radio (Thursday's first hour, I think) that CBS let him go. Said CBS explained to him that they wanted their college b-ball site to be hard-news driven, which Jones is not the best at (putting it mildly). Would explain why they hired Jeff Goodman.