December 14, 201015 yr Seems he has turned his passion into a full time career. Couldn't be happier for him. Aside from missing him on KSR, it is a great move for him.
December 14, 201015 yr Author Yeah, that is my fear too. I love their stuff. Great links and the writing is extremely clever and always good for a laugh.
December 14, 201015 yr Yeah, that is my fear too. I love their stuff. Great links and the writing is extremely clever and always good for a laugh. If it's the clever writing you like then you have nothing to fear, Beisner is very clever and funny IMO... It's substance that I fear will leave with Matt, even though he said he will still post at KSR on time to time...
December 14, 201015 yr Author If it's the clever writing you like then you have nothing to fear, Beisner is very clever and funny IMO... It's substance that I fear will leave with Matt, even though he said he will still post at KSR on time to time... You are correct, Beisner is hilarious. I know Jones gets a hard time on here with so many haters, but the guy is talented whether one will admit it or not.
December 14, 201015 yr I agree he will be missed and I hope the site doesn't get worse. I can't blame him for going.
December 14, 201015 yr Love him or hate him, he has made something out of nothing basically, and that deserves respect.
December 14, 201015 yr He is a great writer for UK. But he will be a terrible writer for CBS and that won't be a website I will be visiting anymore. I just can't see Matt Jones writing fairly about Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Florida, and Louisville. Or really any other school not named Kentucky for that matter. His content has always been full of cheap shots and too full of personal love for UK to ever be good for a non UK audience.
December 14, 201015 yr He is a great writer for UK. But he will be a terrible writer for CBS and that won't be a website I will be visiting anymore. I just can't see Matt Jones writing fairly about Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Florida, and Louisville. Or really any other school not named Kentucky for that matter. His content has always been full of cheap shots and too full of personal love for UK to ever be good for a non UK audience. I could care less the about the guy or his website, but I do not think he created it to bring about an unbiased view of all teams, nor do I believe that is why he was hired by CBS. Your first two sentences make no sense because on one hand you say he is good at what he does, and in the next you are saying you will not read CBS anymore because he is good at what he does. I don't think they are hiring him to be a national pundit or cover games as if he were the AP. I will not read it because... well, I do not read CBS anyways.
December 14, 201015 yr He is a great writer for UK. But he will be a terrible writer for CBS and that won't be a website I will be visiting anymore. I just can't see Matt Jones writing fairly about Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Florida, and Louisville. Or really any other school not named Kentucky for that matter. His content has always been full of cheap shots and too full of personal love for UK to ever be good for a non UK audience. Maybe that's because he WAS writing it for a UK audience. :idunno:
December 14, 201015 yr Maybe that's because he WAS writing it for a UK audience. :idunno: Which is fine I just don't think he can get that out of his bloodstream to write a fair article for a national audience. For a UK fan site he is a great writer, for someone seeking national news and a fair point of view, well I just don't think Jones has it in him to write for that person if they are a Louisville or Tennessee fan.
December 14, 201015 yr He is a great writer for UK. But he will be a terrible writer for CBS and that won't be a website I will be visiting anymore. I just can't see Matt Jones writing fairly about Duke, UNC, Tennessee, Florida, and Louisville. Or really any other school not named Kentucky for that matter. His content has always been full of cheap shots and too full of personal love for UK to ever be good for a non UK audience. Kind of like Forde and UofL? :sssh: :lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.