Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Matt Jones going to work at CBSSports.com full time.

Featured Replies

Which is fine I just don't think he can get that out of his bloodstream to write a fair article for a national audience. For a UK fan site he is a great writer, for someone seeking national news and a fair point of view, well I just don't think Jones has it in him to write for that person if they are a Louisville or Tennessee fan.

 

I disagree. He's a lawyer after all, and as far as I know, you have to be able to write memos, drafts, etc., based solely on the facts of cases, etc. for that. I'm sure you know all about that stuff. :D

  • Replies 84
  • Views 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Which is fine I just don't think he can get that out of his bloodstream to write a fair article for a national audience. For a UK fan site he is a great writer, for someone seeking national news and a fair point of view, well I just don't think Jones has it in him to write for that person if they are a Louisville or Tennessee fan.

 

Don't judge Jones based on your inability to separate your dislike for Kentucky.

 

I don't read CBS anyway, so this doesn't phase me.

Which is fine I just don't think he can get that out of his bloodstream to write a fair article for a national audience. For a UK fan site he is a great writer, for someone seeking national news and a fair point of view, well I just don't think Jones has it in him to write for that person if they are a Louisville or Tennessee fan.

 

I, too, have the same opinion.

Which is fine I just don't think he can get that out of his bloodstream to write a fair article for a national audience. For a UK fan site he is a great writer, for someone seeking national news and a fair point of view, well I just don't think Jones has it in him to write for that person if they are a Louisville or Tennessee fan.

 

Maybe CBS wants him because they think he'll bring his KSR readers to CBS?

Maybe CBS wants him because they think he'll bring his KSR readers to CBS?

 

Entirely possible, if not probably. KSR has a huge following as does UK. UK fans gather in polls I've seen Parrish reference in the past how he doesn't waste his time with polls involving UK because UK will always win.

I disagree. He's a lawyer after all, and as far as I know, you have to be able to write memos, drafts, etc., based solely on the facts of cases, etc. for that. I'm sure you know all about that stuff. :D

 

Ahh to some extent, but I also will gladly send some people that come in my door right back out. Child abusers for a quick example.

Don't judge Jones based on your inability to separate your dislike for Kentucky.

 

I don't read CBS anyway, so this doesn't phase me.

:thumb:

I thought his coverage of the Pitino trial was very level handed. Therefore, he can seperate, imo.

I thought his coverage of the Pitino trial was very level handed. Therefore, he can seperate, imo.

 

With all the innapropriate jokes he has continually made since then about that? I mean whether you agree with it or not Pitino wasn't on trial in this matter, and Jones up to as recently as the past week as made childish jokes about Italian restaurants and 15 seconds and what not, and he does it because he knows it irks UL fans.

With all the innapropriate jokes he has continually made since then about that? I mean whether you agree with it or not Pitino wasn't on trial in this matter, and Jones up to as recently as the past week as made childish jokes about Italian restaurants and 15 seconds and what not, and he does it because he knows it irks UL fans.

 

Pitino wasn't on trial but he was the joke. You have to admit the 15 seconds thing is funny and nobody would know about it if Pitino hadn't said it himself. But my point was when he covered the trial he was professional and fair. I believe he even said that Pitino was right in the whole extortion thing.

Jones can make fart jokes on the radio and KSR all day long, but at the end of the day he is a very intelligent individual and at the national stage I think will be fair in what he covers. I mean, not too many of the guys at CBS are walking around with a Law Degree from Duke.

I'll reserve my opinion.

  • Author

Doesn't matter what any of us think, CBS obviously saw something and for someone that started a blog 5 years ago to turn it in to a radio show, a tv show and now a spot at cbs, that is pretty amazing.

With all the innapropriate jokes he has continually made since then about that? I mean whether you agree with it or not Pitino wasn't on trial in this matter, and Jones up to as recently as the past week as made childish jokes about Italian restaurants and 15 seconds and what not, and he does it because he knows it irks UL fans.

 

And apparently Ole Miss fans. :lol:

The dude is going to write in that manner on a UK site! I think Matt is intelligent enough to be able to separate feelings from his work when he writes about other teams...

 

 

That said I would love to hear GT's take on this..

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.