Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC # 345 out of 345 D1 Basketball Teams in Strength of Schedule

Featured Replies

As I have said 1000 times before...the crowds (lack thereof) are what will ultimately kill Mick.

 

If you don't have the fan support and don't qualify for the NCAA tournament, then the administration will look to make a change. The football team had an off year, and the hoops team isn't generating the cash anywhere near what it used to.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As I have said 1000 times before...the crowds (lack thereof) are what will ultimately kill Mick.

 

If you don't have the fan support and don't qualify for the NCAA tournament, then the administration will look to make a change. The football team had an off year, and the hoops team isn't generating the cash anywhere near what it used to.

 

Huggins often called the city/crowds out as well.

edit

  • Author

edit

How do the attendance numbers compare between Huggins, Kennedy & Mick?

How do the attendance numbers compare between Huggins, Kennedy & Mick?

 

When Huggins was there, at worst, there'd be 9k there.

 

Alex Meachem and I discussed this tonight, regarding the UC program and how Huggins departure, to this day still affects the program. Zimpher wanted to cut ties with EVERYONE that was affiliated with Huggins or was friends with him. There were even 5/3 Arena staff members (2) who lost their job because they talked to Huggins regularly.

 

I think the schedule is simply set up to get these guys to believe in Mick's system and gain confidence heading in to BEast play. Say what you want about the competition, yes I know it's weak, but UC is still beating these teams by the margins that they should.

 

I have UC at 15-0 heading in to the match up with Villanova. Only time will tell what this team can really do.

When Huggins was there, at worst, there'd be 9k there.

 

Alex Meachem and I discussed this tonight, regarding the UC program and how Huggins departure, to this day still affects the program. Zimpher wanted to cut ties with EVERYONE that was affiliated with Huggins or was friends with him. There were even 5/3 Arena staff members (2) who lost their job because they talked to Huggins regularly.

 

I think the schedule is simply set up to get these guys to believe in Mick's system and gain confidence heading in to BEast play. Say what you want about the competition, yes I know it's weak, but UC is still beating these teams by the margins that they should.

 

I have UC at 15-0 heading in to the match up with Villanova. Only time will tell what this team can really do.

 

 

9K every night with Huggs? I thought it would be in the 6 and 7's often.

9K every night with Huggs? I thought it would be in the 6 and 7's often.

 

I believe their arena seats 13k.

 

GT may know a little better, but 9k sounds about right for an average of their attendance when Huggs was there.

If you don't win AND your'e unlikeable you're in a tough spot.

 

BCG.jpg

[ATTACH]33048[/ATTACH]

 

Well done.

From Lance's Blog:

 

From listener Don:

 

"I am one of those old UC fans that is not ashamed, afraid, or embarrassed to say that I AM rooting for the failure of the basketball team.

I do not want to rehash everything from the past, because it should be about going forward. I would LOVE to be part of the rooters, but can not due to my passion. The same passion that I had to live and die with the Bearcats in the past, has turned to hoping disaster upon them during the season with unexplainable losses and the appearance of being over matched on the court and especially on the sidelines.

This is because without concern for me living and dying, hoping and crying over this team, the Board of Trustees slit it's throat. Plain and simple execution. Two years of no viable recruiting just to get the guy they despised out. And then if that's not bad enough, they hire a guy simply because he left the program and had the appearance of a back stabber to the old coach.

That's why, until the back stabber leaves, I won't come back. That's why I root against them. I'm sure that Gates, Dixon, and the rest of those young men are good people. Nothing personal, except that they where that uniform. As far as I'm concerned, a uniform that is tarnished as long as the back stabber is there.

So, I admit it. I root against them. I hope they miss out on NCAA tournament and that the back stabber is asked to leave. Then, I believe, people will come back. In droves.

I hope you don't dismiss this and can appreciate my passion. For the team that had actually reduced me to tears in March, almost every season, I now have to root against. The world is still upside down in Cincinnati as far as basketball is concerned. One more failed season may actually be what is needed to get it back. Not looking good though at this point though I must admit."

Good ol' Don. Guy has been kicked off every UC site on the internet for being an idiot. Nice to see "UC fan" Lance giving him some run...

I believe their arena seats 13k.

 

GT may know a little better, but 9k sounds about right for an average of their attendance when Huggs was there.

 

I know Cincy has some pro sports and Xavier but that sounds like the support is pretty soft----which is surprising to me.

I know Cincy has some pro sports and Xavier but that sounds like the support is pretty soft----which is surprising to me.

 

9k was when UC was playing the "school of the blind" or someone that UC should beat pretty handily.

 

For conference games, UC sold the place out. I can't remember the last time UC sold out since Huggs left? AK got a lot of support though from the UC faithful.

9k was when UC was playing the "school of the blind" or someone that UC should beat pretty handily.

 

For conference games, UC sold the place out.

 

Those two statements simply don't go together. Conference games were almost always teams UC should beat handily.

 

Huggs got about 10K a game. Part because the opponents were often weak, and part because the 2nd deck of the arena was an awful spot to watch a game. Mick has averaged between 7-9K a season and that will not change until they win more. Nor will the fact watching a game from 30% of the seats in the arena is still a horrible place to watch a game...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.