Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UC # 345 out of 345 D1 Basketball Teams in Strength of Schedule

Featured Replies

What about Jerry Palm saying that UC will need to likely win 12 games in the Big East to get into the tourney as an at large team, because of how bad their non-conference schedule is?

 

I strongly disagree and believe that going .500 will likely do the trick.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I strongly disagree and believe that going .500 will likely do the trick.

 

9-9 isn't going to do it IMO. 10-8 does...

Why? Unlike several other top 25 teams, UC has taken care of business and in impressive fashion against the teams they SHOULD beat.

 

I think at this point, #24/#25 suits them just fine.

 

I can agree to some extent of that but the fact is UC hasn't played anybody yet that has a remote chance of making the Dance. They haven't played anyone yet but should get a good start here soon with Big East play here and we will quickly see whether or not the Bearcats deserve their ranking.

Cincinnati - RPI: 65 SOS: 324

 

The Strength of Schedule speaks for itself. Granted, some of the teams haven't panned out the way Cronin and others thought it would and UC got switched out for Butler against Duke but the fact remains, the schedule has turned out to be a dud and UC hasn't played any quality opponents yet to deserve to be ranked.

Say what you want about UC's schedule...it is what it is. But if you honestly think there's 25 teams better than UC, you haven't watched much basketball this season.

Say what you want about UC's schedule...it is what it is. But if you honestly think there's 25 teams better than UC, you haven't watched much basketball this season.

 

You may be correct but I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion with such confidence. We simply do not know yet based upon their schedule thus far. They seem to be deep. They seem to play hard. They seem to shoot fairly well. However, those can quickly change when the other team is good. It's the great mystery of the CBB season thus far.

You may be correct but I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion with such confidence. We simply do not know yet based upon their schedule thus far. They seem to be deep. They seem to play hard. They seem to shoot fairly well. However, those can quickly change when the other team is good. It's the great mystery of the CBB season thus far.

 

:thumb:

You may be correct but I'm not sure how you can come to that conclusion with such confidence. We simply do not know yet based upon their schedule thus far. They seem to be deep. They seem to play hard. They seem to shoot fairly well. However, those can quickly change when the other team is good. It's the great mystery of the CBB season thus far.

 

Luckily for all of us, BEast play is right around the corner.

 

One thing's for sure. By Monday next week, we should know a lot more about this UC team.

Luckily for all of us, BEast play is right around the corner.

 

One thing's for sure. By Monday next week, we should know a lot more about this UC team.

 

The next 6 or 7 will tell us a lot.

The next 6 or 7 will tell us a lot.

 

Xavier, Villanova, South Florida, Syracuse, Notre Dame, St. Johns is one heck of a stretch.

 

I'd take 3-3 over that stretch and feel pretty good.

Xavier, Villanova, South Florida, Syracuse, Notre Dame, St. Johns is one heck of a stretch.

 

I'd take 3-3 over that stretch and feel pretty good.

How would you feel at 1 and 5?

How would you feel at 1 and 5?

 

I'm going to say UC gets ATLEAST 2 wins over Xavier and South Florida.

 

Nova is #8 in the country, Cuse #5, and Notre Dame #14 or 15? No shame in losing to any of those teams.

 

St. Johns just knocked off #12 G'town and return 100 games of experience this year.

 

I wouldn't consider any of those bad losses.

I'm going to say UC gets ATLEAST 2 wins over Xavier and South Florida.

 

Nova is #8 in the country, Cuse #5, and Notre Dame #14 or 15? No shame in losing to any of those teams.

 

St. Johns just knocked off #12 G'town and return 100 games of experience this year.

 

I wouldn't consider any of those bad losses.

 

Can you make the tourney losing to every team you should lose to in the Big East?

Can you make the tourney losing to every team you should lose to in the Big East?

 

I have UC making the tourney and finishing the following in BEast play:

 

v Depaul W 76-60 (1-0)

v Seton Hall W 70-53 (2-0)

@ Villanova W (3-0)

v South Florida W (4-0)

@ Syracuse L (4-1)

@ Notre Dame L (4-2)

@ St. Johns L (4-3)

v Rutgers W (5-3)

v West Va W (6-3)

@ Pitt L (6-4)

@ DePaul W (7-4)

v St. Johns W (8-4)

v Louisville W (9-4)

@ Providence W (10-4)

@ Georgtown L (10-5)

v Connecticut L (10-6)

@ Marquette W (11-6)

v Georgetown W (11-7)

 

I guess I'm a bit more optimistic than most people about this UC team but I don't see them finishing worse than 10-8 in BEast play. Only time will tell, I guess. Hopefully I'm right.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.